Am I mad?!

crazy_cremello

Listen to your Mumsy
I have had a wild thought and I just can’t decide what to do. This has all come from the fact they are getting rid of Illuminations and I desperately want to see it again before it goes.

Bit of a back story: I already have 2 holidays booked for next year, 1 at the end of March and one at the end of June using most of my holiday allowance for the year at Work. I feel sure they would let me have a week unpaid leave but I don’t want to take 3 holidays within 3 months - think that’s taking the mick a little!

So...I’m actually visiting the US in November this year in Massachusetts for thanksgiving. I’ve had this wild plan that I could extend my return flight and go down to Florida for 3 and a half days to do some rides, shopping, experience the Christmas decorations but most importantly, watch Illuminations again a couple of times. But to have my 3 and a half days there will cost me £800 (cost of changing my original flight dates, cost of return flights between Boston & Orlando, 4 nights hotel (inc breakfast) & 4 day park hoppers) without spending money.

Am I absolutely out of my mind to spend this much money for 3 full days at Disney?! I thought it was a great idea and my parents told me to go for it, but my boyfriend and 2 closest friends have told me I’m ridiculous and that it’s a waste of money. Another important part to mention is that it would be my first trip without my family so I’m not even sure how I’ll feel emotionally being there without them as all my memories include them?!

Any input greatfully received here as I am proper stuck in a rut, I have a feeling if I don’t do it I will regret it forever but it is an awful lot of money considering travel agents sometimes have deals for £800 each for 2 weeks!! I just don’t have another time available to visit due to my existing holiday plans for next year ☹️

Thank you

I would say go if you will be upset you don't get to see illuminations before it leaves. Honestly £800 doesn't sound like that much based on what you've said you have to pay for. If you're not saving that money for something else I don't see why you can't use it for something you'd enjoy.

The only other thing, that I wasn’t worried about until someone brought it up, is getting Uber’s alone as a female both to and from the parks? Any suggestions?

The only other thing, that I wasn’t worried about until someone brought it up, is getting Uber’s alone as a female both to and from the parks? Any suggestions?

I'm not sure how far off property they go but you can order a Minnie van through the lyft app. Minnie Vans are operated by Disney cast members so I don't think there will be any safety issues, however you do pay a premium price for the service. When I looked a few weeks ago it was like $6 for a standard lyft & $26 for a Minnie van.

I don't want to be a killjoy, but it would be something I would have to think about long and hard if it was me. That's 800 pounds that you could use on the other 2 trips.

Only you can decide - and if you do go, you should enjoy every minute.

I have had a wild thought and I just can’t decide what to do. This has all come from the fact they are getting rid of Illuminations and I desperately want to see it again before it goes.

Bit of a back story: I already have 2 holidays booked for next year, 1 at the end of March and one at the end of June using most of my holiday allowance for the year at Work. I feel sure they would let me have a week unpaid leave but I don’t want to take 3 holidays within 3 months - think that’s taking the mick a little!

So...I’m actually visiting the US in November this year in Massachusetts for thanksgiving. I’ve had this wild plan that I could extend my return flight and go down to Florida for 3 and a half days to do some rides, shopping, experience the Christmas decorations but most importantly, watch Illuminations again a couple of times. But to have my 3 and a half days there will cost me £800 (cost of changing my original flight dates, cost of return flights between Boston & Orlando, 4 nights hotel (inc breakfast) & 4 day park hoppers) without spending money.

Am I absolutely out of my mind to spend this much money for 3 full days at Disney?! I thought it was a great idea and my parents told me to go for it, but my boyfriend and 2 closest friends have told me I’m ridiculous and that it’s a waste of money. Another important part to mention is that it would be my first trip without my family so I’m not even sure how I’ll feel emotionally being there without them as all my memories include them?!

Any input greatfully received here as I am proper stuck in a rut, I have a feeling if I don’t do it I will regret it forever but it is an awful lot of money considering travel agents sometimes have deals for £800 each for 2 weeks!! I just don’t have another time available to visit due to my existing holiday plans for next year ☹️

Thank you
If you can afford it, do it. I booked us a weekend trip to see Wishes one more time before they cancelled it. I'm glad I did as Wishes was very special to me.

If you have the money... Go for it... Especially if you already know you'll regret not seeing Illuminations one last time. As for the solo thing.. try it you might like it... Doing thing at your speed... not having to think about anyone else but you. It's fun... and once you've tasted it... it's hard to go back to "group" travel.

I think it depends on your financial situation on how much of a strain a loss of 800 pounds would be. I'm very much a go for it kind of person so, if the money is there, I'd say do it.
As to your uber question, I am a female who travels solo quite a bit and have never had any problems taking ubers whatsoever. I know there are bad stories out there, but I don't think it reflects overall. One thing I will do, if I am worried, is either pretend or actually place a call telling someone I am "on my way." I don't know if it does anything but it makes me feel more secure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts