Am I looking for a unicorn, 50pts at BWV?

Domique

Earning My Ears
My husband and I purchased at the Poly (Feb UY) in November. I Love the Poly but my husband loves the BWV and has mentioned that he really would like to pick up 50 more points... so I have been watching the resale market for a 50pt contract with a Feb UY and I'm starting to think I'm looking for a unicorn! Lol!!! I really don't want to buy direct, as we paid direct for our first contract.
My question is: do these small Boardwalk contract exists, should i just be patient or would we be better off to just see if I can buy or waitlist Direct?

Yes, they exist. Others here may know more about how much less retail cost when you addin closing costs vs.buying direct from Disney.

We have a 50 point BWV contract bought direct in 2004, when the 200 we had were not enough. :) Maybe you should think of buying more points.

My husband and I purchased at the Poly (Feb UY) in November. I Love the Poly but my husband loves the BWV and has mentioned that he really would like to pick up 50 more points... so I have been watching the resale market for a 50pt contract with a Feb UY and I'm starting to think I'm looking for a unicorn! Lol!!! I really don't want to buy direct, as we paid direct for our first contract.
My question is: do these small Boardwalk contract exists, should i just be patient or would we be better off to just see if I can buy or waitlist Direct?

I was looking for a 50 pt Aug / Sep / Oct UY late last Summer and was not able to find anything with a significant savings -vs- direct. I probably let a couple slip by in the beginning not realizing how hard it would be. I ended up buying direct in October.

Inventory seems a little better right now, though. If you're not in a big hurry you will probably find something. It seems like you have to be glued to your email / social media or however you're getting your alerts and be ready to put in an offer immediately. Be sure to calculate everything carefully, though. Closing costs, stripped or loaded points and what your responsibility for dues will be can alter the deal by a lot on a small contract. Personally, I wouldn't buy resale unless the savings was more than a few hundred bucks, just because the stress isn't worth it to me and on the random chance there's ever a tiered benefit system or something like that. But, if the savings is good and you have the time....

Also to give you an idea of thngs to consider...

Closing costs on a resale are usually $300 - $500 more via resale. For a 50 pt contract, that is $6-10 / pt. Fidelity (for example) often has really low prices, but they charge approx $200 fee to the buyer. That adds $4/pt. Being stripped of a years points has a value you can determine for yourself based on what you'd do or not do with those points. Be aware of what you'd pay in MFs direct (calendar year) vs resale (depends on the deal). Also, I included the fact that I could put my direct purchase on my Disney Visa and earn 2% in rewards dollars for the purchase (came out to about $4/pt).

Good luck!

No specific to 50 points at BWV, but we had been looking for WL-BR, 200 points (at a reasonable price in our opinion). I found out fast to check 5-6 sites often, and certainly not to rely on the realtors who know what I want to call me. And not to rely solely on the emails or even the push notifications.

I just found our new one by looking on my phone as I opened my eyes at 6:30 am. It was not yet in my email. I called (Timeshare Store!) when they opened at 9 am, and got it. And I was really looking hard at Fidelity for a good price, but found a nice deal, loaded with all the 2017 points as a bonus. I actually could not believe the listing when I saw it, i was like wait, what?

Congrats! No more stalking for you :). I have a contract and still look which I shouldn’t. However, looking as often as I do (literally several times a day, nearly all brokers) I’m more convinced my deal is perfect for me. On to rofr, estoppel and waiting....

We are not in a hurry and I really don't want to pay 171 a point. I will give it a little more time now that I know it does exist, hopefully something will show up, if not I will bite the bullet and buy direct. I'm not the most patient person so if I don't find it by November I will we what is available direct.

I also have considered the Riviera (I think that's what it's going to be called?) We have a trip in November 2018 and in March 2019, I was hoping to maybe get a room tour. Has anyone heard any rumors about this Resort? My husband would be disappointed but if I'm spending only a little bit more for more years on a contract
it might be more beneficial in the long run!

Or higher. Small contracts demand a premium and go fast. It is also brutal to match UY with existing.

What happened for me is I started considering more points, because there is no doubt money to be saved on larger resale contracts and more availability. Honestly, I could have probably found 100 points resale for just a little more than I paid for 60 direct. However, I didn't want the extra dues and am trying to still stay within my "normal vacation budget" per trip. (I also was not already qualified for benefits and was needing APs so the savings there helped offset the higher per point cost - which is not your situation.)

And there may be a waitlist direct.

BWV is very popular for small contracts. Get on the resalers email lists - small BWV contracts are often sold before they appear on anyone's web sites. Don't plan to bargain down the list price, there will be multiple offers when one shows up.

The only way that a smaller contract exists is that a direct buyer bought a smaller contract if allowed or they broke a 200 point purchase into 4 - 50 point contracts. IMO, most bought the resort minimum or standard that was offered at the time like 160 or 200. Now take that info and restrict it to only Feb UY contracts that someone is selling today resale and IMO your odds of finding what you want is near impossible.

:earsboy: Bill

They definitely exist as we own a 60 point one we bought resale. When we were in the market a few years ago I saw several around 50 points. The bigger problem is that you want/need a specific UY which further limits your options. It’s funny b/c when we bought back in late 2014 people thought it was crazy that these small contracts were going for $90-100 per point (of course direct at the time was $130 pp)

I just did a check at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® and between 2/16/14 and 2/16/18 we have only had four 50 points contracts at the Boardwalk with a February use year. Hopefully, this information will give you some hope and not confirm that it is similar to a search for a unicorn. :)

I just did a check at The Timeshare Store, Inc.® and between 2/16/14 and 2/16/18 we have only had four 50 points contracts at the Boardwalk with a February use year. Hopefully, this information will give you some hope and not confirm that it is similar to a search for a unicorn. :)
You are kidding, right, the part about hope? If it were me reading this as the OP, I would get on a waitlist for direct.:)

I suppose that one spotting per year is better than the odds of spotting a unicorn...slightly.

I was excited to find a loaded contract with 2017 points. I also have been looking since our purchase and still feel comfortable with the one we grabbed. (WL-BR,200 points, coming with 200 2017 points banked, Aug use year, $95.) Not saying it is the best contract ever, but I am happy with it as prices seem to be on the rise. I was looking for a stripped one, to save $$ but this one seemed worth it. Now I want those banked points.

Hope it passes ROFR.

PS at one point we had 50 points at BWV. And that did sell FAST, even 16 years ago!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter