Am I leaving anything out?

leighe

<font color=teal>Are we there yet?<br><font color=
Here are the PS's I've made for our Christmas trip (just my sister and me). Any suggestions?

12/18/04 - 8am - 1900 Park Fare
11am - Les Chefs
6:30 - Le Cellier
I know that's a lot in one day, but there's a long story behind the breakfast and I just can't miss Les Chefs or Le Cellier

12/19/04 - 12pm - Rainforest Cafe (AK)
7:30pm House of Blues

12/20/04 - 8:30 CRT - I can't believe I got this!
6:30 - Liberty Tree Tavern

12/21/04 - 12pm - Sci Fi
9:30pm - Spoodles

12/22/04 - 9am - Chef Mickey's
9ish - O'hana - although I'm considering switching to Kona b/c neither my sister nor I are big eaters.

That's a lot of restaurants!

The first day you will be hardly finished with the breakfast at GF before you have to make your mad dash to EPCOT for lunch!!!! I'd be curious to know if you follow the plan that day.

Since you and your sister are not big eaters, it may actually be hard for you to eat two big restaurant meals per day. I don't usually try that. The good thing is, you can always cancel a PS.

One negative--we haved loved Spoodles through the years, and ate their twice last trip in July. Food was terrible, both times. Menu seemed to have changed from earlier trips. For the Boardwalk area, we like Cape May and Yachtsman (though the latter is really expensive) better.

One positive--we have had consistently good luck at Kona, and if your not in the mood for buffet and louder atmosphere of Ohana, I think it is a very good alternative.

I don't know if we'll be able to eat that much either. I just want to have a plans in case. There are some that are must dos - CRT for one and Le Cellier. The reason we have three meals planned the first day is because my sister thinks we are staying at POP - we are the first night because our flight doesn't get in until @10pm - but we're moving the next day to the GF - DS's dream resort. I scheduled a breakfast so that we'd have an excuse to go over there without having to tell her that we're checking in.

We'll probably do just an appetizer at lunch - or maybe mid-day dessert - this is vacation, after all:p - and then have our big meal at night.

We will be at Chef Mickey's for breakfast on 12/22 also!! It's our first time at CM, I can't wait! We're a party of 8 and our PS is for 9:30 so we'll see you there!

I think your choices sound good, but I agree about that first day. Way too much food! ;)

I think you can handle three PS's in that first day...you can even split a meal at the others or appetizers...I wouldn't want to miss any...
I think you're right to rethink 'Ohanas...with just the two of you I think you'd be pleased with Kona Cafe....The food was plentiful at 'Ohanas ....we (family of five) only managed to eat 1/3 of what they brought us....so for two I would pick Kona.
Have a great time and PLEASE let us know how they were...still working on PS's for January!
Tara

I personally don't think there's such a thing as too many PS's. But then again, we plan our trip around the meals. After all WDW is much more than rides, and we think the dining variety is part of the appeal. There's no way that I would personally short change Les Chefs de France. It's our fav. Epcot restaurant. If you don't think you can eat that many meals on the first day, maybe you could eat at LCdF instead of Spoodles. That is if you're using park hoppers to get into MGM. However,I bet if you tried really hard, you could probably choke down that much delicious food. :teeth:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I think it's great you're surprising her with a GF stay! I would skip breakfast though, maybe just grab a donut or something after you check in, and keep your PS at the two Epcot restaurants. I agree that I would skip Spoodles, there are too many restaurants that I like better. And I would definitely do Kona compared to Ohana's. Have a great time!

Thanks for all the suggestions! We'll have park hoppers so I may switch Spoodles and Les Chefs. I will definitely post reviews when we get back! This is one year it feels like Christmas is never coming!:p I hate to wish my life away, but I wish I could speed up my counter.

I made that exact same statement to my DH a couple days ago. "I hate to wish my life away, but I wish our trip would hurry up and get here." Then it occurred to me, that would also mean Christmas was here and I barely have my shopping started. :eek:

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter