• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I crazy?

crazy for mic

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are looking into renting a two bedroom condo for our next trip to Disney. I found one that is about 25 miles south of the gate. They are saying that it has everything there, like golf courses, lit tennis courts, it's right on a lake that has fishing and boat rentals, adult pool and kids pool and more? Do you think that 25 miles is too far? With all of the traffic that I have heard about on 192, maybe this will not be so bad. The price is about the same, if not just a little more than the condos right around Disney. Am I crazy???

It's waaaay too far for me. Unless you're going for a month, you're not going to have time to do all that recreation any way. I most definitely would NOT look at this option.

Way too far for me. I would look into some of the condo's around Disney. They may even have a code for one of the Home away from Homes on Mousesaver .com

Way too far away. Check out the Fairway Villas at The Disney Institute. It's a 2-br condo on Disney property. It's kinda away from all the action, but still close enough to everything. You can usually find a discount there too.
:bounce:

I agree, its' too far. You'll be exhausted at the end of the day and still have a substantial drive. Plus, the roads there are pretty confusing and Orlando has more toll roads than you can believe. You could end up spending a fortune on tolls. There are so many things to do and see at WDW that all the amenities you mentioned would be left undone. May I suggest that the condo might make a great vacation unto itself without WDW. Or if the object of the trip is WDW to get closer and forgo the extras for now. Either way - have fun!

Sounds like a wonderful place to stay if you're NOT doing WDW. If we're doing WDW it's on property or nothing!
It's that completely immerse thing, ya know! you're gonna get a lot of 'no,no,no's' on this one - you're talking to 'Disneyatics' here!
:bounce: :smooth:

25 miles sounds like alot - unless you are planning on spending time at the resort as well as Disney. I wouldn't want to do that drive every day, but if I was going down for a week or two, and spending only a few days at Disney, why not?

If you really like the resort and think it will make your non-Disney days more enjoyable than a resort right in the urban area around Disney, then go for it. As long as you aren't the type who hates to drive, I don't see a huge problem.

My husband did something like this (around 28 miles) & said he would NEVER do it again... it was WAY WAY WAY too far.... I forget the name of the town the place was in... If you are looking for a 2 bedroom at a good cost, go to www.hotelkingdom.com - they have them for very little money at nice places very local to Disney!! Good luck, I'd keep looking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter