Am I crazy to just want to go down and relax?

I went down on Friday night to the Grand Floridian with my two older daughters. Parked, went to lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe (delicious). They had disposable menus or you could scan a QR code for the menu to come up on your phone. We received a text that our room was ready (11 am) and went directly to our room after...no checking in at the front desk. We used our magic band or we could have used the My Disney Experience app for entry. WE were upgraded from a deluxe studio to a one bedroom. The room was very clean but I still used my Clorox wipes to wipe all the touch points down. WE then went to the pool for 2 1/2 hours. The chairs were set up in groups of 2, 3 or 4 but all were 6 feet apart from each group. Most people were still picking seats away from each other. The Disney staff was continually cleaning the pool area. You are asked when you leave to lean your lounger back forward so they can come by and clean it after you leave. They had someone constantly walking around cleaning the entry handrails into the pool as well as any other surface that could be touched. You pick up your own towels and then put them back in the dirty towel holder as you leave. We went back to the pool at 7 pm and we literally were the only people there. We thought it was funny that we had our own personal lifeguards and almost our own bartender, lol!

I actually felt very safe and secure while there. It was much better than going to the grocery store, for sure! It felt very controlled and everybody (employees and guests) were very respectful of the rules that are posted everywhere. We did wear our masks anytime we were walking around the resort. We took them off when we were in our room, when we were eating and when we were sitting in our lounge chairs by the pool. Please know that some of the restaurants have a limited menu so check the menu on the MDE app before going there. We had a wonderful time and I vote for you to go and enjoy it! One more thing, we brought our own hand soap pump bottle. I found this easier for all of the hand washing instead of all sharing the same bar of soap.
Seems like they are doing a great job of hygiene at the resorts! Glad that you had a great time! Thanks for the tip on the soap pump bottle! Looking forward to our Riviera Stay and Vero!

If we had the points available I’d be there in a second! My wife and I talked about how relaxing it should be with limited capacity.

We check in July 12 and are so excited just to get away. I work in healthcare so things have been super stressful for me. We all can use the relaxation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter