Am I crazy to go to DW the first week of June?

How is the rain in the beginning of June? Last time we went was in early May, it ended up being 10 degrees warmer than expected--mid 90s when we were expecting mid 80s, but there was only one late afternoon shower.
I think it varies from season to season but the last 4 years we've been in June (except 2017) and it wasn't very rainy. In August 2017 it was very rainy. I think it just depends. But the rain is so not a deal breaker there since it happens so much. It's really not a major issue.

How is the rain in the beginning of June? Last time we went was in early May, it ended up being 10 degrees warmer than expected--mid 90s when we were expecting mid 80s, but there was only one late afternoon shower.

It's very hit or miss. It's t-storm season, so you never know. It could be sunny at 2:30pm, then a nasty storm at 3:00pm, then sunny at 3:20pm. It could be pouring in MK and sunny in AK...seriously, we've witnessed it many times. It rarely rains sun up to sun down, so you're not likely to get a total washout day...not impossible, but not likely. You may get 6 days in a row where you get a t-storm, you may get 10 in a row where you don't. Last summer, we were there for 17 days and it rained on us exactly twice...our first day there and then once mid-trip. There were night where it rained in the middle of the night, but I don't "count" that since we were sleeping. Then again, we had summer trips where it rained on us at some point for 7 days straight. You just never know. Most days are sunny, but a storm may blow through.

My point is that it's so incredibly varied. "Pop up" or "popcorn" t-storms are the norm, so be prepared for them, but they may or may not come.

We went the first week in June last year (2-10) and thought it was great. It was crowded, but not unmanageably so. With good planing, we never waited more than 20 minutes for anything (except an insisted upon Chip and Dale meet). Watching reports afterwards, it actually seemed like the 2nd and 3rd week would have been less crowded, but we didn't find it too bad.

Last year, it did rain a ton. We expected evening showers, not 11a-6p downpours every day. Florida had been in a drought, all the campfire activities were cancelled at the start of the week. The drought was lifted halfway through our week! But, I was told this was atypical for June. The one day it didn't rain, it was pretty hot and we found ourselves missing the rain!

Most don't agree with me but I've never cared about crowd levels. If you do you "homework" and plan ahead your trip will be fantastic regardless of the time of year. You will be surprised how many people you'll see standing on Main street with maps in their hands deciding where to go. PLANNING is the key to a great vacation, not crowd levels.

Most don't agree with me but I've never cared about crowd levels. If you do you "homework" and plan ahead your trip will be fantastic regardless of the time of year. You will be surprised how many people you'll see standing on Main street with maps in their hands deciding where to go. PLANNING is the key to a great vacation, not crowd levels.

I'm with you completely...well, almost. I'm totally with you about not caring about crowd levels. I just don't get all the fuss over it, and the obsession with crowd calendars (which I think have zero value anyway). The week of Christmas to New Years is the busiest of the year, and that is about the only week where I'd say I really "noticed" the crowd size. But even then, I had a wonderful time. The only part where I'd slightly differ from you is that I don't think it's planning that's necessarily the key, it's more the "homework" part. IMO, the best thing you can do is read and understand how WDW works...the FP+ system, what rides you'd have interest in, etc... If you walk in understanding all these things, you can have a great time. We're not planners whatsoever. We select our 3 FP+ per day, but that's it. Even those are almost random selection, not by proximity, planning around meals, etc...we just pick what we want. Beyond that, we 100% wing it every day. Yes, we have the advantage of prior experience, but even on our first trips, we toured this way...though the electronic FP+ didn't exist then. It's just not our style to be bound to a spreadsheet.

Last year, it did rain a ton. We expected evening showers, not 11a-6p downpours every day. Florida had been in a drought, all the campfire activities were cancelled at the start of the week. The drought was lifted halfway through our week! But, I was told this was atypical for June. The one day it didn't rain, it was pretty hot and we found ourselves missing the rain!

This. Our Disneymoon was the first 10 days of June, and it rained almost every. single. day. All day. We actually bought 4 ponchos for the 2 of us so that 2 could dry out while we wore the others. However, I had been in early June before and just had the small afternoon showers.

As far as crowds go, the rain did a pretty good job of keeping things manageable. On our one sunny day I do remember feeling frustrated by the sudden onslaught of people. However, by utilizing rope drop and FP, we were able to do everything we wanted without crazy wait times.

We go the first week of June every year. We love hot weather and always plan a day just to swim. It is crowded but manageable with fast passes. Make sure you bring ponchos!

I had the same concerns as you did, but ultimately we just couldn't afford any other time of year. The heat is not that much different than the end of May, sure it'll be hot, but like someone else said - just use common sense and take lots of breaks. I love the WDW has a ton of indoor attractions.

We're going the first week of June!

What groups plan for the first week? I think it's Gay Days the first week of June so you might want to look up the daily schedule so you're going against the flow in case it's a massive crowd of folks. We're looking for later in June but I'm sure the heat will be higher. My travel agent friend said she hasn't been booking in June like normal so crowds might be better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!