Am I crazy to go alone with my 4yoDS, 15yoDS, and 15yo's friend

lkg61

Earning My Ears
I just booked a lodge tower room at the GF for seven nights in July. I just couldn't resist the Fairytale package. My 4 year old has never been to WDW, and I am just dying to take him. Am I crazy to attempt this without my DH along? The 15 yos will be fine. I just don't know if I will have the energy to keep up with the 4yo for seven days. Any encouragement out there?

You'll be fine. I took my oldest for her 4th BD in 2001. Now I'm taking the middle dd for her 4th in Aug (of course her big sis is coming) and I also plan on taking the baby when he turns 4. I think 4 is a great age for mommy & me vacation time. Of course you'll have the luxury of the 15 yo with you as well. If you need a breather, you can always slip away for a few minutes. Trust me you will do fine and make lots of magic memories.

Laura

DH and I just got back with our 3 1/2 yo DD and there were plenty of times that I was alone with her in and out of the parks. As you know, it's going to be really hot in July and young children have a tough time adjusting to such a climate. As a result they tend to get completely off schedule. Our DD normally goes to bed at 8pm but due to the heat she often napped until 5 or 6. This meant bedtime wasn't until 9 or 10 but she was still up by 7am. I think if you take it easy and don't do too much each day you'll be fine. My suggestion would be to get to a park early, leave by noon and return to GF (lunch, swim, nap) and then return to a park in the early evening. Also, as hard as it may be to resist going to a park everyday it might be too much of an overload. If the waterparks are included in your package (I think they are) you might want to consider that midway through your trip. Also don't discount Epcot because of your son's age our DD loved it 10 times than MK.

Good luck. :)

Since you mention taking your older son's friend along.....make it perfectly clear to the friend's family what you are expecting them to pay for and what you will be responsible for. Don't want any hurt feelings from misunderstandings. Make sure you let him know what your rules during the trip are and if you expect either of the older kids to help you out.

If ground rules are set before you go, I think you'll have a wonderful trip. Your youngest and you will have a super time doing things for the first time. Have fun! -HM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter