Am I crazy if I don't make any PS's for last week of April?

Momster

Earning My Ears
As a first timer, I am feeling overwhelmed with all this planning, especially since I'm the one who has to do it all in my family for every vacation, and this one takes the cake. I have the Dreammaker package but haven't decided which parks on which days yet.

We (me, DH, DS age 9, DD age 7) will be there April 25 - May 1. DH is probably going to freak at the prices even though I have warned him this will be an expensive trip so just don't sweat it. He will probably mostly want fast food type places. Kids are picky and eat mostly fast food type food too. I'm thinking it would be nice to sit down and relax for an hour or so to eat on at least a couple of days. Am I crazy if I don't make any PS's ahead of time and is it too late? :confused: The kids don't care too much about a Character meal so I'm not too concerned about them but was considering Chef Mickey's (if I do decide on that, I would definitely try for a PS).

I'm not sure how crowded it will be this time of year, I think most spring breaks are over but I believe I read here on the DIS that NH schools are out then. I'm taking my kids out of school to hopefully avoid the worst crowds. I really wanted to go in early May but DH couldn't get time off then.

Will we have no place to eat at a reasonable time if I don't make any? I don't mind eating a little earlier or later (I plan to take snacks with us in the parks.) Or how likely is it that I could make a PS at the resort on the same day?

It's one of those "which restaurant, what day, and what time" kind of things.
Most likely if you eat at off hours in most spots, you should be able to get in with maybe no wait, or a short wait. But if you want a place like California Grill or Flying Fish on a Saturday night at 7:30, you'll likely get turned away.
If you have your heart set on a certain place (like Chef Mickeys) at least try for same day PS.

We're going to be there between 4/28 and 5/3 and I made PS's for the restaurants we really want to go to. FYI, this is vacation week for NH and some of the other northeast states, so don't count on this being a typically slow post holiday week. You may want to choose some restaurants that you really want to try and get PS's so that you're not disappointed. With the exception of the Fantasmic Dinner combo and CRT, I do not believe there are any penalties for canceling the PS's if you decide not to go. Have a great time.

Thanks Tedmom and Uncleromulus. I guess I'll just have to figure out if there are any places we really want to eat at and make some PS's then. I am just concerned that we will be absorbed in the rides, etc. and totally forget all about any PS or won't want to stop what we are doing. But then again, if there's no penalty for cancelling the ones we want, might as well go ahead and get them.

Darn, I wish DH was more into planning this thing! (and any other vacations for that matter!) On the plus side, I pretty much get to pick most of what we do within reason. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter