Always a 4 Night Minimum at Universal Resorts with EP?

poohj80

Got Hunny?
Now that DD is old enough to realize there are other parks in Orlando, I'm trying to book our first stay at a Universal resort and would like to take advantage of the Express Pass offered to certain resort guests. However, even though online my nights show as available, I am unable to book the 3 nights I need due to a 4 night minimum required. This was the first I have heard of Universal Resorts having a minimum stay especially for a room only reservation. Is this standard?

No, beginning of October. I've tried Universal site and Loew's site and same problem. I'll call them next.

What are your dates? I see that there is no occupancy the first weekend in October, but you can book the Friday night on its own and the Sunday night on its own. There is no occupancy on that Saturday night. I don't believe it has anything to do with a 4 night minimum.

Last edited:

What are your dates? I see that there is no occupancy the first weekend in October, but you can book the Friday night on its own and the Sunday night on its own. There is no occupancy on that Saturday night. I don't believe it has anything to do with a 4 night minimum.

There have been minimums in place for the 1st weekend (Columbus Day) for at least three weeks. I've been checking to add onto our existing trip. Luckily snagged SF last week but holding out hope people will cancel a standard room @ RP or PB.

the rooms just don't show up for booking a 3 night Friday 10/7 to Monday 10/10, other than for CB & when you attempt to book for 3 night stays. I did see an expensive suite pop up earlier today @ SFalls

However, for dates including the Saturday but for 4 night & 5 night periods (extending arrival date back to 5th or 6th works or arriving on 7th, departing on the 11th have been producing rates).

There have been minimums in place for the 1st weekend (Columbus Day) for at least three weeks. I've been checking to add onto our existing trip. Luckily snagged SF last week but holding out hope people will cancel a standard room @ RP or PB.

the rooms just don't show up for booking a 3 night Friday 10/7 to Monday 10/10, other than for CB & when you attempt to book for 3 night stays. I did see an expensive suite pop up earlier today @ SFalls

However, for dates including the Saturday but for 4 night & 5 night periods (extending arrival date back to 5th or 6th works or arriving on 7th, departing on the 11th have been producing rates).

I can book Friday 10/6 at RPR. https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UERPR&checkin=10/06/2017&checkout=10/07/2017&rooms=1&sr=&code=&iata=&na=1&nk=0

I can book Sunday 10/8 at RPR. https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UERPR&checkin=10/08/2017&checkout=10/09/2017&rooms=1&sr=&code=&iata=&na=1&nk=0

I cannot book Saturday 10/7 at RPR. https://uo.loewshotels.com/en/booking/uo?hotel=UERPR&checkin=10/07/2017&checkout=10/08/2017&rooms=1&sr=&code=&iata=&na=1&nk=0

Last edited:
IMG_2212.PNG

Yes, those are individual nights. As i stated above, if you book whatever the 'minimum' is (appears to be 5 nights now for HRH) the saturday does appear.

Remember, rooms come in & out of rotation. You also need to book the same category of room, which is another issue I've been running into.

Last edited:
Room availability at the onsites has been really wierd. Perhaps it's rooms blocked off for HHN packages.

We've been looking for a deluxe hotel room in that same timeframe for several weeks (Oct 5-10) and nothing (affordable) has come up. Ended up switching to Thanksgiving week and got APH rate at RPR for a standard queen room. We'll miss the pool time, but the EP and hopefully smaller crowds will make it wortt the wait...

Conventions book years in advance.
but, when they cancel, they do so early or a few months out.

when that happens, many rooms at all the hotels open up.

I booked October 17 2016 for my Oct 1 stay this year.
Due to conventions at rpr, no king suites were available.
but, booked a room and requested the king suite if the convention cancelled out.

Did get a note that the convention cancelled November 1 last year and I was able to have my upgrade to the King Suite set in place.

For any that can not book the room type they need, call and see if availability is open for what you originally wanted to book.
It can be switched around if you do this by phone.

Last year when i was talking to one of the supervisors on the phone, I was told conventions sometimes book 4 years out and cancel later.
Some cancel one month prior to the reservations, while others cancel months out from original set up

This could be a hit or miss but maybe you will get lucky.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter