Altitude Sickness in Yellowstone

funhouse8

<font color=teal>How can you invest so much money
Hi My Sil is thinking of visiting Yellowstone and I'm worried she might have altitude sickness. We live on Long island so our elevation is sea level. She has MS and overweight. Should I be concerned? :confused3

Altitude affects different people different ways. Tell her to drink a lot of water before the trip and while she is there. She should also avoid alcohol. Also, she should try to acclimate herself to the altitude slowly. Maybe spend some time at lower altitudes before heading into the park itself.

No way I want to play Doctor. YNP is pretty high and DW and I both felt it. We tired more easily and DW had some issues the first couple nights sleeping. Once acclimated (a couple of days) the only issue was the "thin" air.

Her MS is bound to complicate things a bit, so it would be a very good idea for her to talk to the Doc helping her manage her MS.

Since you are not getting any info here, you might want to post over on the disability forum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter