Alternative to re-hitching ceremony at GG

dirkus

Mouseketeer
Howdy! This is my first post so please be gentle! :)

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but I couldn't find one that seemed more appropriate so please forgive me (and direct me as necessary) if I got it wrong.

My wife, son (5), and I are going to WDW right after Thanksgiving. I had been wanting to do something special for my wife during the trip as sort of a thank you for putting up with me. I stumbled across a mention in this forum of the re-hitching ceremony at the Garden Grill and thought that sounded perfect. I was anxious to get my PS's made!

In doing some further research I ran across another thread that said it looks like they have just recently stopped offering this. I was, to say the least, bummed!! :earseek:

So, I am now looking for ideas! Any suggestions as to a good (low cost - our budget is blown!) alternative that will make me look like a hopeless romantic and get her to put up with me for another 17 years?

Thanks in advance!

dirkus

hhhhmmmm.............would doing just a nice meal at jiko or artist point or california grill be out of the question? maybe have a special dessert for the two of you. CG would be an excellent choice since you would be able to view wishes from the restaurant or the observation deck. granted these restaurants are not cheap, but are worth every $$$$. would it be possible to have your son to spend the evening at one of the kid's clubs at one of the resorts? if not, of course these restaurants are child-friendly and would be welcomed. another thought would be afternoon tea at the GF. this would be a total surprise for your wife. a "girl thing" that you are enjoying w/her! there is a child's selection on the menu. i hope this helps.:tongue:

I called the Garden Grill today and spoke with a CM. He told me they still do the rehitching ceremony, they just don't do the kiss anymore. We will eat there for the first time on November 24.

Jan :sunny:

Originally posted by janskin
I called the Garden Grill today and spoke with a CM. He told me they still do the rehitching ceremony, they just don't do the kiss anymore. We will eat there for the first time on November 24.

Jan :sunny:

What is the kiss? Just making a couple kiss?
Do you think people complained about couples kissing?

and to dirkus...welcome welcome welcome!!

THEY DON'T DO THE KISS???????????? Oh c'mon, that's the fun part!! They count to 100 and you have to kiss, dh and I did this ceremony a few months ago!! Ok so they count to 100 in 10's but still, no kiss!! Hey but it can still be fun when they yell and embarass you, he he!!

Well that just stinks :(

Bummer as I wanted to do this with hubby when we went to celebrate our 5 year anniversary.

Maybe some people did complain, don't like to see the PDA ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions so far! And to Stacey, thanks for the welcome!

I just did a search through the forums on "re-hitching" because I wanted to find the thread I had previously seen. I thought someone had said that they talked with the CM that did the ceremonies and he had stated that they stopped doing them a few weeks ago due to character interaction problems but, of course, I can't find that thread again. I did find a number of threads where people had said that they had been recently told that the ceremony was no longer offered.

I did find one thread where someone had posted their proposed itinerary and they had the ceremony scheduled to happen last Wednesday (9/29/04) and they have returned home. I posted a reply asking them if they got the ceremony and, if so, what it consisted of. Hopefully we'll get a first hand account of what is going on. I'll post an update here if they respond.

Thanks again!
dirkus

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter