Already Got My DVR Set.....

SorcererHeidi

Sorcerer please cast forever love spell for me
This is from the Freeform's online Channel Guide for tonight, 8 pm. Eastern

Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings: Holiday Magic
Disney destinations around the globe host unique weddings and engagements during the holidays.

Right afterwards is the Polar Express. Sounds like a GREAT TV night!! :)

Eh, I think this special is a bit ridiculous. Weddings have nothing to do with Christmas. They were just able to link it by focusing on those held around December. This isn’t a holiday special to me. It’s more appropriate for Valentine’s Day if anything. I won’t be watching.

Last edited:
Just like when sitcoms, or talk, or game shows, or whatever films at WDW, I could usually care LESS what's going on in the actual show. Matter of fact, I'm usually yelling at the TV, "MOVE, so I can see BEHIND you!" :o

I will say that if you've never seen it (even if you have), I think Polar Express is awesome - great story, wonderful soundtrack, gorgeous animations and scenery.

Thank you SorcererHeidi for letting everyone know. I'm running out now to do errands so I'll be home in time to watch. I only realized that Mary Poppins was shown on Saturday when I flipped through channels around 10:30.

I feel like such a crumugen as I could not care less about shows like this ... I mean, they are all weddings that are either impossible to have in real life and/or would cost millions of dollars - I think I would be more interested in a real couple given a real budget and showing what they are able to put together (like more of a challenge/contest)

but yeah, yeah, true love and all that nonsense ;)

I feel like such a crumugen as I could not care less about shows like this ... I mean, they are all weddings that are either impossible to have in real life and/or would cost millions of dollars - I think I would be more interested in a real couple given a real budget and showing what they are able to put together (like more of a challenge/contest)

but yeah, yeah, true love and all that nonsense ;)

Forget about the "love" aspect, the PR person in me sees that there is a better way to promote their services in this show. It would be good advertising to show how much someone can get for 3-5k, 7-10k, and 10-15k instead of the $$$$$$$ weddings they promote. More people would see it's attainable. I had a family member get married at Disney World for 5kish. It was super nice and elegant.

Forget about the "love" aspect, the PR person in me sees that there is a better way to promote their services in this show. It would be good advertising to show how much someone can get for 3-5k, 7-10k, and 10-15k instead of the $$$$$$$ weddings they promote. More people would see it's attainable. I had a family member get married at Disney World for 5kish. It was super nice and elegant.

Exactly - show that it is doable (I mean, not cheap, but doable) and show gown rven at a minimum level you get support and guidance and can have a special wedding

Heck, do it like that show 4 weddings where you go be 4 couples a set budget to plan their wedding at WDW and then the other couples attend the wedding and vote on who had the best one

Also just saw there will be another show on FreeForm on Dec. 18, 8 pm. Eastern "Decorating Disney - Holiday Magic", hosted by Whoopi Goldberg. Guess this is part of what they were talking about on Tuesday's show. Sounds awesome!!
JL stated on FB that she helped with this show.

Okay - watching now - call me a sap, but I'm getting goosebumps, and crying. (Yes - I know I used my outside voice, and admitted that!!). :o I know both of these are over the top, and whoever is paying for them must be VERY well off, and not the "normal wedding", but I'm still enjoying them for what they are. I knew the 1 couple was from the New Yawk area, due to the accents, and got very proud and thankful when he said he was NYPD (the Finest!!). There is a pizza place that opened in a mall near me called Urban Coalhouse, which lists several NJ locations - wonder if they are related (franchise?) to the one shown that the bride's family owns in NY.

This all fondly reminded me of a weeding I was in on property (yes - IN the gorgeous chapel!) in 2001. And even though it was nowhere near as elaborate, and unfortunately it poured most of the day (ruined our planned outside dessert party, and VIP viewing of Illuminations) still holds a very special place in my memories and heart, and was special, gorgeous, and spectacular in its own right. I can definitely say Disney makes it special, and customized for you, regardless of your budget.

Last edited:
Okay - watching now - call me a sap, but I'm getting goosebumps, and crying. (Yes - I know I used my outside voice, and admitted that!!). :o I know both of these are over the top, and whoever is paying for them must be VERY well off, and not the "normal wedding", but I'm still enjoying them for what they are. I knew the 1 couple was from the New Yawk area, due to the accents, and got very proud and thankful when he said he was NYPD (the Finest!!). There is a pizza place that opened in a mall near me called Urban Coalhouse, which lists several NJ locations - wonder if they are related (franchise?) to the one shown that the bride's family owns in NY.

This all fondly reminded me of a weeding I was in on property (yes - IN the gorgeous chapel!) in 2001. And even though it was nowhere near as elaborate, and unfortunately it poured most of the day (ruined our planned outside dessert party, and VIP viewing of Illuminations) still holds a very special place in my memories and heart, and was special, gorgeous, and spectacular in its own right. I can definitely say Disney makes it special, and customized for you, regardless of your budget.

I enjoyed this episode much more than the last one. The hosts were much better this time, too, which helped. I wonder if Disney gave them these weddings instead of the families/the couple paying for them? Even though the weddings were nice, I'm still hoping they show more average ones next time. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!