Alpine Magic??

Carol

Living the DREAM
Is there anyone other than my husband and myself going on this trip? On any dates? There doesn't seem to be any interest in this tour and I'm wondering why.

Our original trip of May 24th was cancelled and we are now going on June 21.

You'll love this trip. Such great locations and fun activities. Beautiful hotel in Luzern. Tell us everything when you'll be back. Enjoy!

Is there anyone other than my husband and myself going on this trip? On any dates? There doesn't seem to be any interest in this tour and I'm wondering why.

Our original trip of May 24th was cancelled and we are now going on June 21.

My husband and I are booked and going on the adult trip in September 2009. I cannot tell you how much we are looking forward to what sounds like a beautiful and exciting adventure.

We received our backpacks and additional tour information today. I guess this means this trip is a go. With our first dates cancelled, it's been a concern if it was going to happen at all. There has been no interest on these boards about Alpine Magic so we've been wondering if it was going to get cancelled altogether. We're going to Venice for 3 days before our ABD adventure begins and can't wait.

I presumed it was because The Alps is a new trip that there was not any interest posted on here. I am glad to here of your going and that the amended June trip suited your plans. It will be our first ABD trip and is definately the tour that suits us best. We will be staying at the Disney Beach Club :yay: for 3 weeks whilst you are on the Alipine tour.
Hope you have a great time and we will look forward to hearing about your trip when you get back.

We are doing this trip on August 16 (I think that is the day it starts). Very anxious, although I don't want to rush the summer!! Was hoping to find others with kids that may be on the same adventure. My dd's are 17 and 14.

You will love this trip. It truly was amazing. Say hi to Jason and Marco from Carol & GT. You couldn't get better guides!

You will love this trip. It truly was amazing. Say hi to Jason and Marco from Carol & GT. You couldn't get better guides!

Carol, I was wondering if you could answer a couple questions: You guys went the end of June? How was your weather? How many people were on your trip? Were there any weight restrictions on the zip line? and finally, was there anything you packed/didn't pack that you wish you hadn't/had?? We spend 10 days at our county fair with the kids and horses, then I have 5 days to come home clean the trailer, wash the clothes, and get us all packed up again. I am trying to make sure I have everything we need to purchase taken care of before we had to fair. Thanks so much for the help!! :thumbsup2

Our weather was fantastic. We had just two drizzly afternoons and both days were warm for shorts or capris. Your days will probably be even warmer. The only day I wore long pants was to zip line and it was for leg protection. DH wore shorts every day.

We had 22 people on our trip. 6 kids 12 and under, 3 in their late teens and the rest adults. Great age mix.

As far as I can remember there were no weight restrictions for zip lining. DH is 230 lbs. and he had no issues.

We actually packed just right. Shorts and capris for me, shorts for DH and we both took two pairs of long pants. Dressy tops for evening. No dress clothes. We used our back packs for our carry ons and every day on the tour.

Our weather was fantastic. We had just two drizzly afternoons and both days were warm for shorts or capris. Your days will probably be even warmer. The only day I wore long pants was to zip line and it was for leg protection. DH wore shorts every day.

We had 22 people on our trip. 6 kids 12 and under, 3 in their late teens and the rest adults. Great age mix.

As far as I can remember there were no weight restrictions for zip lining. DH is 230 lbs. and he had no issues.

We actually packed just right. Shorts and capris for me, shorts for DH and we both took two pairs of long pants. Dressy tops for evening. No dress clothes. We used our back packs for our carry ons and every day on the tour.

If I can answer anything else, don't hesitate to ask. Wish I was going again. We just love watching our pictures on our computer screen saver.

Thank you so much Carol. You are a huge help!! I am hoping there will be kids around my dd's ages for them to hang with. Let me know if you post any pictures. I would love to see them.

We are doing this trip on August 16 (I think that is the day it starts). Very anxious, although I don't want to rush the summer!! Was hoping to find others with kids that may be on the same adventure. My dd's are 17 and 14.

dont worry about it I was nervous I would have no one my age, I am 18. but there ended up being another girl 18 and a boy 17. It worked out great. the guides are also amazing everyone will have a blast

There is a trip review in the Fall 2009 edition of the D23 magazine, written by the editor. The hotels sound wonderful and relaxing. I don't think the trip would be my first choice having lived in the Rocky Mountains for four years...please don't flame me for comparing the Rocky's and the Alps. However, the article certainly intriqued us. The article included a photo of the group and one of the guides was Marco, who was one of our Viva Italia guides in 2007, and we would certainly enjoy being on another trip with Marco.

HI! This is my first post over here. My DH and I really want to do this trip. Won't be until 2010 so I am eagerly awaiting those dates and rates to come out!

If I can answer anything else, don't hesitate to ask. Wish I was going again. We just love watching our pictures on our computer screen saver.

Hi Carole,
I just have one more question for you......we leave on Saturday and my sister was wondering if all the hotels have hairdryers or if she should pack hers. I was sure I had read somewhere that they all did, but I cannot find where I had seen it and now wonder if maybe I had drempt it!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter