• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alpine magic- Switzerland

uttermagic

Earning My Ears
Hello! Anybody already booked the Alpine magic tour for the next year? This new itinerary of AbD sounds interesting to me, since I've been before to the Alps (beautiful landscapes) but never to Switzerland. So it is definately one option I'm considering for my next year vacation, but what it stops me to book is the fact that the trip is completely new for Abd and they probably never run it before.
I'm thinkng about how many people too will be in a group, in other words, if this destination wil have good appeal on others customers, or if AbD will just cancel half of the departures...
I'm also worried about the altitude the itinerary will reach during some part of the trip, having horrible hedache...
I'd like to share your impressions on this new destination, any suggestion, please feel free to write!

I won't be going on this trip, but I have been to Switzerland before and have travelled with ABD.

ABD tests out their trips thoroughly before commencing with paying customers. We were on the second China trip and it came off very smoothly. I wouldn't hesitate to go during the first year. In fact, they tend to put their best guides on the first season of a trip. I'm signed up for South Africa, and it will be the first year of that trip.

The locations in Switzerland and Italy where the trip will be going are not that high of an altitude. Zermatt is approximately 5300 feet in altitude, about the same as Denver, Colorado. You should not experience any altitude sickness. That would require staying at 8000 feet or above.

You can always call up ABD and see how many people are booked on your departure date. Someone reported on another thread that their trip was run with 14 people.

My DH and I are going on the Alpine Magic tour and we have booked the first availible dates. I too was leery of going on the first trip of a new tour, but after getting several positive responses from these boards, we booked it!

I have been to Switzerland and Italy, but my husband hasn't. When I returned from my European trip, my favorite places were in Switzerland and I was hoping once the new tours were announced, that it would be one of the destinations.

I also am leery of it's acceptance as a new tour. We hope it doesn't get cancelled. I asked on these boards about what "too few quests" means and if a tour still took place with just 14 guests, we hope in the next few months, others will join us.

Good to know someone already booked this trip. I'm very curious to see what will be the impact of this destination on American guests, if it will get as popular as other European trips like Italy or London/Paris. Personally I don't think so, because there is beautiful mountains in the US as well and I don't know how much Americans will be attracted. On the other hand, it would be easier to choose Switzerland for people like you, Carol, that have already been there and know how nice is the location...
We'll see! Thank you for posting here your impressions.

We have just booked on the adult trip in Sept next year as it is the one that appeals to us the most. The itinerary sounds great and the hotels look very beautiful. Something special to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter