Almost there...6 days and counting

disfans44041

Earning My Ears
Soooo excited our Fantasy cruise starts next Saturday, 4/13. The players are myself, DH, DD15, DD2 and friends will be joining us, DF, DFDD11, DFDS9. We are a military family and for a long time we were stationed in Alaska and almost all of our vacations required us to return home for "vacation." Now that we are stationed state side we actually get to take family vacations! We will be meeting up with another military family who no longer live near us, so excited, as we have not seen them in almost 2 years.

90g5e3

Last year we experienced DCL for the first time on a 4 night trip to Nassau and Castaway Cay on the Dream. I know there is a lot of back and forth on different cruise lines etc, but for our family DCL is where it is for now. I worked for Princess and love their ships, but they are not as kid friendly as DCL, IMHO. So we are very excited to be returning to DCL and on a longer trip aboard the Fantasy checking out the Western Caribbean! :cool1:

I have been stalking the Disboards for awhile now and I am going to try to pay it forward with a pre-trip and post-trip with pictures..however pictures are proving to be tricky, I will have to post them when I get on my big computer.

Here is the plan

Friday, April 12,
I have to work all day, but DH does not. DH is in charge of packing up the car and then it is off to the Philly Airport after work. We have an 8:30 flight to MCO. Last year we flew in the day of the cruise and I vowed never again, I was exhausted by the time we got to the ship and all I wanted was a nap. So this year flying in Friday night, staying at the Hyatt MCO and then catching our ride to Port Canaveral Saturday morning!

Saturday, April 13
Board the Fantasy! :cool1: Cannot wait! Loved the Dream, but have a feeling the Fantasy is going to be so much better. We are staying concierge level, Room 12010. We stayed in room 12006 and I am afraid that I will miss the 1 bedroom, but I LOVED CONCIERGE and would not want to travel without it...it is an addiction for sure. :love:

Sunday, April 14
At Sea

Monday, April 15
Grand Cayman

Tuesday, April 16
Costa Maya

Wednesday, April 17
Cozumel

Thursday, April 18
At Sea

Friday, April 19
Castaway Cay and Cabana #7. Awwww I cannot wait. Loved Castaway Cay. I do not know how but disney always manages to make it what you expect... We had Cabana number 3 last time

Cannot wait! Going to be a great vacation! More to come later, thanks for reading.

dqko5tp8y16f12dv.png

I Want to add pictures, my pictures are on flickr and I cannot figure it out...can anyone help?

I Want to add pictures, my pictures are on flickr and I cannot figure it out...can anyone help?

When you post a reply you should see a box type icon that looks kind of like a cartoon image of a mountain. Click that and paste the address of your image. Should insert into the body of your message.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I will have to try tomorrow. I return to school tomorrow so I was frantically finishing up grades...after packing all day. Almost all packed, I need to do few final things and should be good to go. Something I learned from the last cruise..I under packed. Who knew that was possible, but it is so I am sure I am over packing this time..oh well. Well off to bed, have to work all week and then CRUISE!

I am failing on the pictures. I click on the mountain image, enter the address i get from flickr for open sharing of photo and all I get is a question mark...not sure what I am doing wrong. i really want to post pictures because that is what makes the post interesting. Oh well

To update, busy day at work and then my DD gets sick...it is like they sense that we are about to go on vacation so lets get a really high fever for no reason and get sent home from daycare! So DH is staying home tomorrow with DD, hopefully her fever will break tonight...

I have 3 out of 4 suitcases packet...need to iron some wrinkly summer clothes that came out of storage before packing the last bag!

Getting very excited we leave in 4 day!

dqko5tp8y16f12dv.png

Can't wait to read your report. We too are a Military family that loves DCL. We have been on one Dream cruise and have a 1 bedroom concierge (Dream) booked for February. I am waiting till 2015 dates come out and I will be booking a Fantasy cruise. :cool1: Just a heads up if you do not know,Most of the airlines allow your first two checked bags for free on leisure travel from the Military.:thumbsup2 Have fun and can't wait to hear about your trip.

Thanks for the tip Robin! We are flying US Airways out of Philly and they are usually generous and let my husband check everything for no cost...fingers crossed!

I am jealous that you have the 1 bedroom, that is what we had on the Dream last year and this time I booked just a regular concierge room, but I am having regrets! So I am hoping for a possible upgrade! Not sure if my luck will hold! I also hope to have figured out how to upload photos...I am guessing I just need to use photobucket and not flickr.

We leave Friday....just a few more days.

Thanks for the tip Robin! We are flying US Airways out of Philly and they are usually generous and let my husband check everything for no cost...fingers crossed!

I am jealous that you have the 1 bedroom, that is what we had on the Dream last year and this time I booked just a regular concierge room, but I am having regrets! So I am hoping for a possible upgrade! Not sure if my luck will hold! I also hope to have figured out how to upload photos...I am guessing I just need to use photobucket and not flickr.

We leave Friday....just a few more days.

We are also going to go regular Concierge for our Fantasy cruise. The cost of a 1 bedroom for a week is just too hard to justify. (We are limited to peak sailing days due to our school schedule.) 14 k for 3 people for one week is just crazy.:scared1: Have fun and can't wait to hear about if you get an upgrade. (I have never tried but might consider it after reading about the cheap costs at port if you get lucky.) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter