Almost Stroller Free at Disney!!!!!

TerriBelle

DIS Veteran
We managed to forget our 2 umbrella strollers this past week so we went stroller free except one day. We have a DD 9 and twin 4 year old boys. They will be 5 in Jan. We never use the strollers at home but I was going to take our cheap umbrella strollers for the trip. Well we forgot them and it really was wonderful not having them!

We never stayed at the park an entire day. The kids always wanted to get back to the pool (SAB). The boys did really well. We rented a double stroller one day and this was because they fell asleep on the bus to the MK and didn't wake up well. We let them sit in it for the parade. After the parade we went to Chef Mickey's and then took the monorail all the way to EPCOT. We picked up a stroller there and used it to get back to the exit by the hotels. It is cool that you can pick a stroller up at one entrance and leave it at the other. This worked great.

It really was great not having to look for our strollers, getting them in and out of them, and trying not to hit people with them. One thing that helped motivate the boys was the penny presses. We got them each a book for pennies and they would search everywhere for a penny machine.

Last fall was our first stroller free trip and it was so much easier. I never thought I would have said that! DDs were 4 and 6 at the time and I planed to rent for the 4yo but, she said no way would she ride in a stroller. We did rent one day, late afternoon in Epcot and it was a lifesaver for all that walking and one quick rain storm. My 6yo even took a quick rest when it was raining. I always say to those with 4ish+ children to give "going stroller free" a try. Its so much less hassle and I found myself connecting and talking more with the girls since they were beside me not in front of me. JMHO

TJ

I loved our first stroller-free trip 3 years ago, but now I find myself looking longingly at them, as they were always a great place to put our stuff as the day progressed :o Do you think they'd rent one to me just to put all my bags in, kind of like a shopping cart? ;)

Schmeck

We saw someone do this! We were in line for the safari and there was a family with no children under 10 that had a stroller with all their stuff in it. I was really surprised. We used backpacks and fanny packs and never really missed the stroller! I think pushing the stroller is more work.

We also went stroller free when our oldest DD was 7 & twin DD's were 4. It was the best. Nothing to worry about finding after each attraction & we didn't worry about running up the back of someone's ankles. You can get through crowds so much easier by just holding hands & forming a line if need be.

Beginning then & ever since then each of us have used our own fanny pack w/ a water bottle holder. Our "family policy" is - if you take it into the parks you carry it all day. The only thing extra anyone brings is the occasional sweatshirt in the evening that gets tied around a waist.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter