Almost Everything you wanted to know about Sea Lice , But were afraid to ask

Thanks for the info. I am currently on the May 10 Western and it is Sunday morning...heading into Key West. Will be sure to pack my SafeSea when we leave today.

It's a giant ocean out there and there are lots of those liittle guys swimming around. Some of them may not be as smart as the others and may not know that their 'season' is over, or they may have lost their calendar.

Obviously, some must survive the "off-season" in order to reproduce the following year ;)
Could be that they move out to deeper or warmer water during part of the year and therefore humans aren't exposed to them during those months.:confused:

We're cruising in just about 3 weeks. Is there anywhere at a brick and morter store that you can pick this up? I'd be worried if I ordered online it might not get here in time.

Nancy

We got back from our long....vacation a week and a half ago. We did not use 'safe sea' and this time no one was infested with sea lice. We went into the ocean at every stop too. The ocean was 10-15 degrees colder then normal so this may have had an effect on the sea lice. We looked for safe sea at the normal spots where we found it years prior-Ron Jon's and Cocoa Beach Surf-but they don't carry it anymore! If you have time and don't want to chance an encounter I suggest ordering it. You will not be able to purchase it at the corner pharmacy.

a while a go i had a few bed bug bites and I was ready to do anything to cure the itch - HEAD AND SHOULDERS! No kidding - and i am sure (not proven by scientists or anything) it will stop the itching caused by sealice also. Don't know why it works, just know it does.
Head and Shoulders, its not just for dandruff any more!

THINK I'LL BRING THE HEAD AND SHOULDERS WITH ME. THAT STUFF IS NOT CHEAP. ITS 9.95 A BOTTLE AND 9.00 SHIPPING. THATS A LITTLE STEEP NO?

I bought safe sea at drugstore.com for 9.95 plus shipping. I look at it this way. It really don't cost much more than suntan lotion. Why not be safe than sorry. Who wants to ruin their cruise for such alittle bit of money.
:banana: :banana: :wave:

I got Safe Sea from Dermadoctor.com for $12.95 + shipping. I guess $16.00 is worth being safe, especially for the kids. I searched the internet, but drugstore.com did not come up. I tried 2 other sites that were sold out.

Kathy

OMG Scott!!! I am thinking about planning our first EVER cruise for next year and I ran across this. :scared1:

You are a cruise expert though so I will listen and obey!!

Thank you so much! Im in Mexico right now and I had spent the day at the beach. Later I saw that I had tons of red bumps where my swim suit was. I was completely confused on what they were. They itched so much! Thank you for the information!

P.s.

Can you still swim in the water after you have gotten bitten? (once you've washed your swim suit?)

Thanks for all of the info on Sea Lice and also for your recommendation to purchase SafeSea. I'm all for a product that has a dual purpose of a sunscreen and also to help prevent exposure to sea critters that sting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter