Almost August WISH Challenge-everyone welcome!

@Piglet, hope your little hamster will be ok-how scary.
@piglet1979, I hope Snowball is doing well! We had an awful scare with DS's guinea pig several years ago, when he stopped moving one of his back legs. - It's so hard when they can't tell you what's wrong! - But he ended up pulling through and living to a normal guinea pig age. 🐹

Thanks! DD is being a very good care of him. She sent me a message at work that the lump on his back is gone and his organs seem to be working. I think a few more days of him in a basic cage with only paper towels (no bedding) before we can switch back to at least having his bedding. We can't using bedding right now because we need to make sure he going to the bathroom and you can't tell with the bedding. So far things are pointing to him being fine.

Work is busy but I am enjoying it, I have a lot of things to do this weekend. Viewing 6 or 7 houses this weekend between 10 and 12:00- it's like marathon! They are in two parts of town so not sure how will we manage it - it will be like MK rope drop rushing from ride to ride.

Good luck with your housing hunting race today - hope you find something

So far things are pointing to him being fine.

Phew - hope things continue to improve.

Aaaahhh Saturday morning. I am on the couch after a girls night out - dinner and cocktails at a roof top bar/restaurant and then onto another bar for dancing:dancer: . No one there had seen my recently blonde hair colour change and I straightened it for the night - I am curly, naturally - everyone loved it. I had a nice time - which was good because the last time I tried to go dancing with the girls I was not in the right place emotionally and it pushed my buttons too much. But a few years have passed and I am in a much better place emotionally and I had fun - which is a really important step me for to realise I can do that again every so often and will enjoy it.

I have a load of washing on, I am about to do my food planning for the week - the scales looked at me mockingly this morning and said STOP before you have completely undone your earlier hard work this year. I will pick myself up and try harder but I am a little down about continually finding myself in a failure cycle :oops:

Sorry, I disappeared for a bit again. But I'm back. Both my kids had physicals/well-checks last week. Now both kids had a bit of a cough while we were in Disney. I was thinking it was allergies. While at the doctors, my daughter failed her hearing test, but this is not the first time this has happened. When she gets sick or her allergies are bad, she gets fluid in her hears that causes her to not hear. So after a few days of using her nasal spray, she is back to normal. My son, however, had developed a fever the day before his appointment. Of course, he didn't actually have a fever while we were at the appointment. And since it was just the day before, it was sort of dismissed as a cold virus. But here were are now, 5 days in a row of a fever between 102-103. So we will be going back tomorrow to check for bronchitis or pneumonia. Poor kid just wants to be able to enjoy his last few days of summer!

As for me, I have a bit of a cough too. I've still been trying to fit in a workout, but also taking it a bit easy. Yesterday, my husband & I participated in a cornhole fundraising tournament that supported local children's sports & activities. We were terrible. We lost in the first round. But it was fun hanging out with other people in the community while supporting kids. I also tried 2 new crockpot recipes last week. I'm not sure they are super healthy, but I don't think they are too bad. I thought it would be good to try some new recipes (especially crockpot recipes) before school starts.

First one is for Chicken Marsala:
https://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/slow-cooker-chicken-marsala/
The second one is for Broccoli Beef:
https://chefsavvy.com/slow-cooker-broccoli-beef/

Good Morning, Everyone! and Happy Motivation Monday!

Taking over my host week, I'll start with this one:

Ambition.jpg

Raise your hand if you feel like this sometimes!

And what's your strategy for overcoming "the lumps" when you do?

Sometimes, I do give in and figure I actually need the rest. But when I try to push through, it's routine that helps. If exercise is always between x and y in my routine, I'm more likely to do it.

Good Morning, Everyone! and Happy Motivation Monday!

Taking over my host week, I'll start with this one:

View attachment 425000

And what's your strategy for overcoming "the lumps" when you do?

Sometimes, I do give in and figure I actually need the rest. But when I try to push through, it's routine that helps. If exercise is always between x and y in my routine, I'm more likely to do it.
Perfect timing with this one! I am totally being a lump! I had all the ambition Jan-July. But then August snuck in and took it all away. And I completely agree with what you said about routine...which is my problem right now. I’m complete out of routine! I guess the good news is I will be forced back into routine in about 2 weeks when school starts.

This morning we traveled south and are now on-site getting ready to start testing. It should be fun, and as mentioned before I am excited we are actually doing this.

It was both a lovely weekend and a slightly frustrating one. My Sister stayed with me Fri/Sat night and she just gets on my nerves, I mean really, talking while we were watching TV? Can she not wait until the commercials? OK, I'm kidding. Kind of. The lovely part was that Saturday we did our road trip up thru the Skaggit Valley, where there are beautiful farms. And we had lunch at a cute little town I haven't been to in a long, long time. There were some canoe races going on, which I watched while my Sister and Niece did their window shopping.

I need to take some time off this fall, and with the work travel I know I won't want to fly anywhere, so I' now thinking of a road trip back up in the general area we were in.

Motivation this week... is to have fun!

I am also telling myself once September gets here I will be back on
track food AND exercise wise. I haven’t gotten into too much trouble partly because some good habits that have stuck-I don’t eat in between meals, we don’t eat out very often and I try to make healthy dinners that we enjoy. Speaking of which, I made MickeyMom76 ‘s chicken chili again over the weekend and my husband just loves it! So I will certainly try your new suggestions.

To answer your question- when feeling “lumpish” I try to remind myself how I felt last summer before I dropped those extra pounds and it seems to push me to make better choices.

I feel lump like way too much of the time. January to March I was super motivated - Then April came and the following months steadily went downhill and the scale went uphill! Update on Doctors visit today and yes my fears were confirmed - I undid my hardwork overall Cholesterol is up again although my good cholesterol is the highest it has been in several years. Blood sugar was also up again - putting me back in pre-diabetes. I think if get another consistent high blood sugar that tips me into diabetes diagnosis NONONONO! But I do have genetic predisposition - my Dad has it. She gave me a prescription for Statin - I filled it but have not taken one today - I am still so torn on this. I am thinking of getting a second opinion - not that I don't trust this doctor - it may just be that I need to hear it from someone else. I really need to drop some of this weight! No time to waste - back on it with tonight's dinner :sad:

Topic Tuesday

Question for today - Taking care of your mental health can make it easier to take care of your physical health. How do you stay in good emotional shape?

This summer, I've been concentrating a lot on energy - what builds mine up, if there are patterns in when I have more or less, and what tasks I need to use my highest-energy times for. It's been helping me understand how I manage my time, and how other people affect that.

I haven't quite established better habits on a consistent basis, but I'm getting there. Knowledge is half the battle, right?

I feel lump like way too much of the time. January to March I was super motivated - Then April came and the following months steadily went downhill and the scale went uphill! Update on Doctors visit today and yes my fears were confirmed - I undid my hardwork overall Cholesterol is up again although my good cholesterol is the highest it has been in several years. Blood sugar was also up again - putting me back in pre-diabetes. I think if get another consistent high blood sugar that tips me into diabetes diagnosis NONONONO! But I do have genetic predisposition - my Dad has it. She gave me a prescription for Statin - I filled it but have not taken one today - I am still so torn on this. I am thinking of getting a second opinion - not that I don't trust this doctor - it may just be that I need to hear it from someone else. I really need to drop some of this weight! No time to waste - back on it with tonight's dinner :sad:
Oh, Sam, that’s a tough one-I’m guessing she prescribed a very low dose. If you get your numbers down by the next visit, would she take you off of it? And another opinion isn’t a bad idea. You probably have questions now you didn’t think of when you were in the office.
:hug:

Being retired and having just myself and my husband to take care of, my emotional health is in pretty good shape!

A couple things I’ve learned over the years-

that it’s more important to spend time with loved ones and friends than clean kitchen floors (although it gets done eventually!)

When I came home from work tired and frazzled, I could tell my husband he was on his own for dinner-I was taking a walk and then sitting on my porch with a glass of wine.

Don’t be afraid to ask for help. My husband likes to grocery shop and if he comes home with something weird, oh well. He also vacuums.

I spend some time every day outside-walking, reading, yard work. It’s good for my mental outlook.

Question for today - Taking care of your mental health can make it easier to take care of your physical health. How do you stay in good emotional shape?

This i am not good at. I am more worried about DD who has generalized anxiety. I need to make sure she is good so then i slip. So sometimes a good cry is enough other times DH and i go for walks. Lately though being able to work out at lunch has been awesome for this. I get back to work and feel refreshed. It is a nice quite time to myself. I watch netfix and just lose myself in that. I have been know to cry while on the treadmill and even jump when something scares me. Thankfully there are not many people in the gym when I go.

How do I stay in good emotional health? I've been learning lately that I'm really not very good at this and it's one of the things I'm working on. I can't even count the number of times I've thought I would feel much better if I went for a woodsy walk or even went and sat under a tree, but I don't do it. The road trip Saturday was so refreshing, looking at different things including beautiful country-side. It reminded me how rich and full the world can be and what I need to be doing to fill myself up.

Chatting with friends - including you all on here - my walks with my friend were good for both of us to share our ups and downs of the week, I meet with another friend every school holidays for lunch.
Chocolate - need to alter this one though
When I have needed to I have been to therapy in the past (not for a long time now)
I have gotten better at reducing some of that negative talk in my head
Having a good cry when I need it
Finding the funny in not always funny situations... but not in a disrespectful way to others if that makes sense. Laughing through the tears maybe ...

Oh, Sam, that’s a tough one-I’m guessing she prescribed a very low dose. If you get your numbers down by the next visit, would she take you off of it? And another opinion isn’t a bad idea. You probably have questions now you didn’t think of when you were in the office.

Yes it is a low dose. I made an appointment with doctors I used to see before I moved to get another opinion - it is a little less convenient to where I live now and the doctor has restricted hours - but I managed to get in for Monday. I have waited this long to take meds a few more days surely won't hurt.

I watch netfix and just lose myself in that. I have been know to cry while on the treadmill and even jump when something scares me. Thankfully there are not many people in the gym when I go.

You are so lucky to be able to fit that in during your break at work. I often think I should get a treadmill for home and then could walk while I watch tv and think I would get a lot more done that way. At least a good cry on the treadmill is getting it all out of your system. I am having a little laugh at you jumping when you get a fright though - but hopefully you won't jump off and hurt yourself :)

Now for my Woohoo - I am woohooing that there only two more days of work this week. Yep that's right I am reaching for a woohoo.

It’s a dreary, rainy day in south central PA, but a good day to get some laundry done and clear out some things from the basement. I really feel like I’m making progress. But my big woohoo is that we sat down with my daughter and her husband and planned our next two trips to WDW! Ten days next August (5 nights BCV and 5 nights AKL) and then 4 nights in October (hopefully the Wilderness Lodge) so we can do the Halloween party. My husband and I will stay another 3 nights to do the Food and Wine festival. We’re DVC members and I have to make the reservation in September to make sure we get the time and rooms we want. Her best friend and her husband and their little boy will join us at the Beach Club. We’ll put all of them in a 2br and my husband and I will stay in a studio. You should see us with our charts, calendars and calculators! But it’s fun! So something to look forward to this winter when we’re shoveling snow!

Not feeling overly woohooy this morning. Our testing is going rough and we're well behind schedule, and part of it is due to my team....grrrr. The air conditioning isn't functional in the building, so each day it has been hot, sweaty and a bit grimy. Fortunately fans have been procured which is helping, OK, I'll woohoo fans. The hotel is nice, so that's another woohoo.

I booked time off for the third week of September - oh boy, another woohoo. Now I need to chose where I want to go.

:hug: My mom is in your position. So I can imagine what you are going through. I was worried because my sister and brother-in-law (both doctors) moved in with my parents when their house sold and it looks like they will be there for about a month until they close on their new house. My sister is very strongly opinionated and will be very straight-forward with my mom. My mom is very emotional and takes it very hard. But apparently having my sister there has been a good thing for my mom's diet. She has been eating much better for the last month and is learning about what she should and shouldn't eat with my sister living there. She also has an appointment with a nutritionalist tomorrow. We're having my dad go to that appointment too because it's good for him to hear too. My sister sees him at the enabler. But I think it's because he doesn't know and he just wants my mom to be happy. But to my surprise, I think it has been helpful for my sister to be there with my mom and help her stick to her diet. I know at work, when we set goals, we also need to have an accountability partner. Is there someone that you use to help hold you accountable (kids can be great with that because they rarely hold back ;)

Topic Tuesday

I've learned that I need to schedule time for me. When the kids were younger, my husband and I would schedule a "date" while the kids had activities. They used to go to AWANA (church club) on Wednesday nights. So if he was home from work in time, we would go out for dinner..just the two of us. It wasn't anything big, often just pizza. If that didn't work, then we would try to go during Sunday School (just a quick run to Starbucks...but it was 45 minutes of just to two of us). Now that the kids are older, date nights are easier since they can make their own dinner and watch themselves. But still tricky since our schedule is busy with sports and activities. I also like my alone time. Workouts are great for that. And I like starting my day that way. Get's me going on the right track first thing in the morning. (Probably why I'm in a slump in August since I'm sleeping in and being lazy :worried:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!