Almost August WISH Challenge-everyone welcome!

great result @*tinker*bell*!

@4Mickeys well done on resisting the temptation!

@Oneanne we had 3 good cleaners over 5 years and it was amazing but they kept leaving. After that we had so bad cleaners, that I end up missing the super cleen feel and learned to do it myself. Would love a good one! Hope you feel better soon

@zonkvadr, I need to get off the couch and move!
That looks delish!

It’s a beautiful morning in sunny south central PA!

I have a trip to the library planned and then meeting my daughter and grandson for ice cream. I’m so thankful we live close enough to spend time together! Last weekend they stayed over to help with the yard sale-my son in law helped move several large items with my husband.
So Grammy is happily treating everyone today!

Hope everyone’s week is going well!

It's also a beautiful sunny morning here in Seattle!

So far this week the only work stuff I've gotten done is to attend meetings. I have to keep reminding myself that talking to people is a big part of my job, but boy does it feel unproductive. I was also unproductive at home last night, as I ended up spending the evening watching the debate, not working in the bedroom.

Next weekend my Sister is going to be in town and we're doing a day trip up north with my Niece next Saturday, so this weekend really needs to be focused on getting ready for the work travel coming up. I'm going to take next Monday off and make this a long weekend, so I should have plenty of time to get things done and do something fun.

Happy Thursday everyone!

I can’t believe it’s Friday! Where does the week go?

I hope everyone had a good week-and as you look back on the week focus on what you did right-did you get some exercise? Say no to that chocolate chip cookie? Try a new dish for dinner?

Speaking of which-I’m going to share a recipe I tried this week. I have to bring refreshments to our book club this month and this is a wonderful summer party/cookout dish.

https://tasty.co/recipe/watermelon-feta-salad-cups
I did make the cups a little bigger so they would hold together.

Have a great weekend! Feel free to pop in Saturday and Sunday with anything on your mind.

Last edited:

Hello all,

Hope you have had a great week. So glad it is Friday, super busy at work. I am finally going for my blood test in the morning and will go to see the doctor next week. I am just hoping so much that I have not 'undone' the improvements to my bloodwork that I saw last time. I have walked only once this week - this is not enough - am going to work on that this next week (again - sigh). Nothing special on for me this weekend - a new bigger bed is being delivered for DD tomorrow, DS has work tomorrow, some shopping will happen tomorrow morning (looking something to wear out next Friday night - I have a top am thinking of a skirt of some kind - it is a friend's 50th so dinner at a roof top bar and then hitting some clubs for dancing) - DD has a sleep over Saturday then work Sunday, hopefully oldest DS has a friend dropping him home tomorrow after his night a friends tonight - and somewhere in all of this I need to do the washing, ironing, and some cleaning ready to do it all over again next week! That cleaner you are talking about @Oneanne sounds really good about now hehe.

Okay it is late for me - almost midnight - so off to get some broken sleep haha

Catching up on the week.
Woohoo Wednesday - my sister/brother-in-law’s house is sold. We spent Monday & Tuesday helping them pack & move everything. Most of their stuff is now in storage and they are currently living at my parents.

Also a woohoo for me - I took a day to rest! On Tuesday, I ran/walked 3 miles before helping my sister pack & move until 11pm. So Wednesday I was pretty sore and exhausted. So I gave myself a break from fitness goals (gave myself a day of not “closing the rings” on my Apple watch). For me that is a hard thing to do. But now I need to make sure I get back at it and don’t fall into the rut of not working out...like I used to do in the summers.

Thankful Thursday - Thursday was my one day of official work this summer. I went in and did screenings on the incoming kindergartners. When I went in, I got some pretty shocking news about some kindergarten colleagues. One is going through and unexpected divorce and actually left our district to move closer to her parents. Another was pregnant with her first baby and had her baby 10 weeks prematurely this summer. Thankful that both of these ladies are very strong women and have strong support in their families. It also makes me grateful for my family support. As crazy as they can make me at times, they are always there for me and I will always be there for them!

Free-for-all Friday - today is a pretty low key day. Tonight I pick up my race packet for the local 5k. My husband, kids & I are all signed up to run it. We’ve done this 5k in the past, but it’s been a few years and I’ve never been able to run the whole thing. I’m pretty excited to see how I do tomorrow (not in comparison to others, but just for myself). And then afterwards, they open the town swimming pool for the race participants and their families.

And it's a wrap... almost. Need to do today of course, then it's off for my long weekend. I have a hair appointment tonight, a massage appointment tomorrow and a pedicure appointment Sunday. I really want to get some clean up done outside in the yard, and of course clean up done inside as well. And I will get some walks in, I will, I will.

This morning we had a bit of rain, which feels fabulous, but the weekend weather is forecast to be sunny and warm. It's Seafair Weekend, the city's summer festival with the hydroplane races. And the Blue Angels (the Navy flight squad) are here and were doing practice runs over the city yesterday. My office is on the 23rd floor, so we've got a really nice view, but yesterday we had a meeting up on 30, and it's even better up there... no fighter jets in this photo, just lots of gorgeous blue.

Hope everyone has a happy and healthful weekend!

I am here. I just found the thread. I has been a crazy week here. I am just going to start off with a woohoo since I missed Wednesday. The co-worker that I have been working closely with for almost 5 years and I am now her boss is leaving. This is a very good thing for me at least. I do need to hire someone new and my whole team will have only worked in my department for no more then 6 months. 2 were hired 6 months ago my myself and a cop-work were promoted to manager and the other just started last week to take the place of a former co-worker that had decided to stay home with her new baby. This is the most change my team has had since I started. We just added people as we grew. At one point it was just my boss, 1 co-worker and myself. Now it is my boss, myself and the other manger that was promoted with me and 4 people on my team. This is all good though.

Playing a bit of catch up. Thankful Thursday - I am thankful for good friends to help keep me sane. I went on a walk yesterday and today with a friend. Helps keep my steps up over 10,000 per day.

Friday - My hubby works Monday so he took today off. I've been busy running around getting everything ready for the boys birthday party tomorrow.

I am here. I just found the thread. I has been a crazy week here.

Same for me! I've been in and out helping DH get ready for a big flea market at his Lodge tomorrow, and I completely forgot the thread had changed for the new month.

Just found this group and I love :love: the idea.
I leave for WDW in 40 days and am tremendously out of shape. If I don't start walking and moving daily I will end up cancelling my trip. THAT's my motivation.

Hi all. I am an occasional poster to the Disboards and am looking for motivation to loose weight and get in shape. I am 6 months out from my next Disney Cruise and put on a lot of weight over the winter that didn't miraculously come off once the summer hit.

:welcome: to both of our new folks!!

I'm Nicole, 48, a substitute teacher in Massachusetts.

What tool has helped or is helping you in your journey?

Internet - which gives me access to so many things - you guys, Diet Doctor, recipe websites, general information at the touch of a button.

I second the internet - combined with the fact that we bought a treadmill this winter. Watching videos while walking has been a great motivation for me!

Skipping back to Thankful Thursday - I'm really appreciating family time this week!

I can’t believe it’s Friday! Where does the week go?

I hope everyone had a good week-and as you look back on the week focus on what you did right-did you get some exercise? Say no to that chocolate chip cookie? Try a new dish for dinner?

Speaking of which-I’m going to share a recipe I tried this week. I have to bring refreshments to our book club this month and this is a wonderful summer party/cookout dish.

https://tasty.co/recipe/watermelon-feta-salad-cups
I did make the cups a little bigger so they would hold together.

Have a great weekend! Feel free to pop in Saturday and Sunday with anything on your mind.

Watermelon, mint, feta is very common salad where I come from!

Long weekend here. I find I am wishing my days away lately with the house thing. I just want to see the next thing happening. With my son transition to secondary in few weeks.

I will host this week but will probably take a break from the forum for at least month or two after and just pop in every so often.

Not great weather forecast.

I promised some recipes form this week

this is delicious!
http://pinchofnom.com/recipes/cuban-beef-ropa-vieja/
this is the photo I posted, the original recipe is with cod I made it with salmon

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/cod-cucumber-avocado-mango-salsa-salad
Do you know that the good fat in salmon is mostly in the skin? A tip is after cooking on skin side, cut/peel teh skin off and cook it on the other side. This gives crispy skin, that is actually really tasty. I have about 50% success rate, sometimes it turns soft and soggy but when it turns out cripy it's great. Also I always throw few potatoes or some veg in the pan to make sure no good fat is lost.

Last edited:
So, I am beginning to falter on my "swim every day" goal. I have two managers taking time off next week, which means a couple of 12-14 hour days for me at work -- I may have to give myself a break on those days, but I worry about getting back into it if I skip a day. Especially a long tiring day, which will make for an easy excuse to just take the next day off as well!

Other than that, and the fact that I am sooo sore after just 5 days, I am proud to have started!

I haven't been great with my steps, but there was one night I was pacing around my room at 11pm to get in a few more, I was over 10k that day, but that is the only day so-far, so, something to work on!

I feel I am doing well on my diet, for which I am really proud. 9 pound lost since May, but I really only started focusing on healthy eating this week, so, the best is yet to come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!