Almond Milk Amazon delivery during our stay?

RosyMom

Earning My Ears
Please let me know if you think this is acceptable :)

My toddler is allergic to milk and hates soy and rice milk. He drinks 2 a day (and probably more in FL) so a case of the aseptic single serves would be perfect. Would it be ok to place an order with Amazon (we have Prime, so free 2 day shipping) to be delivered to the hotel (POR)?

One thing to consider is that we are arriving on Labor Day so there will be no mail delivered that day. In order for it to be there when we arrive, I would have to have it delivered on Friday. Is that obnoxious?

Thanks!

Lots of people order things from Amazon and other web sites to be delivered to their resort. I think bottled water is the most common thing though I also have read of diapers and other baby supplies.

It's probably a good idea to have it there early. Because delivery times can be unpredictable at times the resorts I would think are used to having to hold deliveries for up to a few days before guests arrive.

There's nothing obnoxious about it at all.

That is such a great idea! I love my Amazon Mom/Prime account. Anyone know if Disney will charge for holding or receiving the package?

That is such a great idea! I love my Amazon Mom/Prime account. Anyone know if Disney will charge for holding or receiving the package?

It depends on the resort. Resorts with conference/business centers (I believe most of the deluxes and CSR) do charge but the others don't.

Thank you for the replies :)

I feel much better about it now!

I hadn't thought of diapers or water. Great ideas.

If you're also getting diapers and water then you might want to price compare to a grocery order from one of the local grocery services. Lots of people like http://www.wegoshop.com/ and https://www.gardengrocer.com/ (GG doesn't have the single serving containers of almond milk though) and a blogger I have a lot of confidence in recently recommended http://www.orlandothemeparkshoppers.com/ which is run by a family who lives with food allergies themselves so I would assume they know where to find less common products (I'd try contacting them to be sure they know where to get the single serving almond milks and to get a price estimate). The nice thing about a grocery service is the ability to get perishables and fresh fruits & vegetables if you want.

We did this very thing last September. My ds is allergic to cow's milk and soy. He drinks almond milk and that was not available to us on WDW property. Garden Grocer was an option but they didn't carry the brand he drinks and Wegoshop.com just seemed high (actually both grocery delivery places seemed high) when we didn't need a lot from them. We ordered the single serve cartons from Amazon of almond milk and had those delivered to POR. We ordered water, snacks, diapers, wipes and swim diapers from Walmart (free shipping if total over $45). We were not charged a fee from POR and we had 6 packages total delivered there.

We have had trouble finding the single almond milks at some of the grocery stores. We have better luck ordering them on Amazon. We usually order them before the trip and take them with us, but now I think I might have them delivered! Check out the POR resort thread. They have the address for the resort in the first post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter