ALLSTARS OR CRB FOR 2 YR OLD??

summerrose

Mouseketeer
HELLO, WE ARE GOING TO DISNEY FOR 1ST TIME WITH OUR 2 YEAR OLD.I AM USING THE NEW CODES TO GET THE DISCOUNT. WHICH ONE WILL WE ENJOY THE MOST ALLSTARS OR THE CBR??.THE CBR IS THE BEST DEAL.WILL THAT BE OK FOR A 2 YEAR OLD?????IS THE FOOD ALOT MORE??? THANKS

IMHO your 2 year old will love the All Star Movies-especially if they can recognize the characters. My DS first trip was right after his second b'day and we stayed at the ASM, Toy Story section and he just loved to be out in the courtyard (Andy's room) there is also a little playground and a kiddie pool.
My kids have not been to CBR yet, we are going in May they are now 8 and 5. I think the pool there will be better for them as it has a slide and water canon type things. It is beautiful though but I can only tell you about CBR from an adult view. Have a great trip, both resorts are nice.

Congratulations on your upcoming trip and Welcome to the DIS! Please turn off your CAPS LOCK since all capital letters is very hard to read and is considered SHOUTING :).

I have stayed at All Star Sports and Caribbean Beach Resort with my (then) 2 year old daughter. My opinion is that you should select the resort that you would rather stay at as an adult. The resort will really not matter to a 2 year old.

There are a few differences between the All Stars and CBR.

• All the All Star Pools are all about the same and the pool at CBR has a slide and a hot tub for the grown ups.
  • All 4 pools have kiddie pools and all 4 will let you borrow a life vest so your 2 year old will be safe in the regular pool.
  • The food courts are all alike with the same kind of prices, plus CBR has a sit-down restaurant.
  • The rooms at CBR are bigger and there is more room for the provided pack-n-play at CBR than at the All Stars.
  • The bus system works a little better from the All Stars, but the busses are sometimes shared by all 3 AS resorts and if you stay at All Star Movies you will be the last ones on and the last ones off.
  • CBR is pretty spread out and you may end up a long walk from the OPR and main pool.

I happen to really like both resorts I stayed at, but I am now leaning toward moderates and deluxe resorts because my pre-schooler is beginning to like pool slides and I like hot tubs :). Of course, if there is a great deal at the All Stars (I paid only $49 per night in November 2001) I'd stay there in a heartbeat.

I agree with robinb about going to the one YOU would enjoy most. I just returned from a trip with a 2 1/2 year old. While she enjoyed the Polynesian and the Boardwalk.....we could have been anywhere and she would have been having fun. ENJOY!!!!! And welcome!!

I also agree you should pick the theme that appeals to you most, or resort that fits your needs the best, as your 2 year old will enjoy either. Last year we split a trip between ASMo and CBR with my then almost 2 and 5 year olds. They love the characters in Andy's room and themeing at ASMo BUT they also loved playing in the sand/beach at CBR and the critters. We ended up with several shovel and pails from kid's meals there and they had a great time. Kiddie pool is a little bigger I think at CBR but the ASMo's theme at the kid's pool is cuter IMHO. One big difference for us is that the room is much larger at CBR and it seemed like there was much more storage space. Also a nice vanity area with double sinks at CBR. I would also stay at either again. Food prices are about the same. CBR is VERY spread out so if you decide on staying there you might want to request a room close to the food court. It makes things a little easier. Have a great time!

Here's a few CBR pics
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/ladytram...r=/April+2002+Disney+Vacation&.src=ph&.view=t

There's another good idea!!! Split your stay between the 2 resorts. I loved splitting my stay. I want to stay at EVERY resort before I'm done....LOL....but I'm a freak.

I want to say thanks.I think we will try the CBR.Which is the best part to stay in??what about the Jamaica one??How far is the walk to food court?? Thanks:D

summerrose, here's a link to the map
http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/cbrmap.jpg

I don't think it's a long walk from Jamaica, it would be across the bridge and Parrot Cay. Seems someone has said about 10 minutes? Jamaica has the prettiest buildings IMHO. However we stayed in a standard view room on the ground floor in Martinique 25 which was great as there are no parking lot views from this building. We faced a landscaped courtyard and it was just a very short walk to the beach and Port Royale. Loved the location. Perhaps other posters can give you some ideas about the different areas. Also there are no elevators in the two story buildings so if you have a lot of kid equipment that you don't want to carry up and down stairs you might request a ground floor.

Happy planning . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter