Allright....lemme have your best recipes for.......

6_Time_Momma

<font color=blue>Still crazy after all these years
Beef BBQ sandwiches!!! Lay 'em on me......I am so in the mood for beef BBQ sandwiches, probably for SuperBowl Sunday!!

Cook a big roast in a little water all day until it just falls apart. Drain most of the juice and pour in your favorite bottled BBQ sauce until the "saucy" consistency you like. Heat through and put it on a bun.
How easy is that?!

What!?!?! No brown sugar?!?! No ketchup?!?!? LOL!!

I guess I was thinking there should be a little more to it than "just" BBQ sauce!! :D

I do it the same way bananiem does it, but I use weak beef broth instead of water. And I usually don't drain the liquid because I'm lazy. I just cook it on High with the lid off for the last hour or so to cook it down.

The ketchup and brown sugar are in the BBQ sauce. I always use Kraft, usually hickory brown sugar.

Well, I still think along the same lines, alemankc! Although I must admit that my first thought was basically what other people call "sloppy joes." After reading bananiem's & kermit's method, I'm thinking of trying that, but what I usually do is:

Brown ground beef (have also done this with shredded chicken)
Drain fat (optional)
I skip onions & green peppers because I'm allergic to them, but they are great in this!

The rest is just "dump & taste." For about a pound & a half, or two pounds of beef I use about ...
2 Tbl brown sugar
2 Tbl vinegar (I usually use wine vinegar because it's what I have on hand)
2 Tbl prepared mustard
2 Tbl A-1 Steak Sauce
2 Tbl worcestershire sauce
and then
~ 1/3c BBQ sauce (whatever flavor is open)
~ 1/3c ketchup
The last two I add at about a 50-50 ratio - whatever is required to make it sloppy enough to satisfy everyone. Then I let it simmer for at least 10 min to set the flavor.

We prefer to eat this in pita instead of on rolls.

This one is my favorite!! ***Secret Family Recipe Revealed***

Aunt Louise's BBQ Sauce

4 Tablespoons butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1 Tablespoon mustard (ballpark condiment--not the dry spice)
1 small chopped onion

Combine all ingredients in pan, cook over medium heat 15 minutes. I usually double or triple this so there is plenty.

Good over brisket, leftover roast, ham, lamb, baste and grill chicken etc...

I do it basically the same way.. only instead of water.. I use beer to cook it all day..

yummy!

:)
beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter