Alligator Bayou Rooms at POR

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I'm booked for a week next month at Port Orleans Riverside. The cheapest rooms available at the time were the ones that sleep five. I've nosed around and these rooms all seem to be in the Alligator Bayou section of the resort. I've stayed at POR many, many times going back to when it was Dixie Landin' but never in an AB room. Any tips from those familiar with this part of the resort would be great!

Proximity-wise my priorities would be in order:
1 Riverside Mill

2. Bus stop

3. Pool (I'm fairly sure I won't be using the pool at all. I don't go near the water unless temps are over 80.)

I'll have the DP and proximity to the food court is the most important than views, etc.

Thanks!

What category of room did you book? Standard, garden view , river view, preferred?

38 is a bit more of a walk to the mill but is the best bet of refurbished rooms. We booked river view and are deciding between 38 refurbished or 14 for proximity.

https://www.portorleans.org/riverside-info.php

I’d say 16 is your best bet unless you booked preferred or river view.

Thanks so much, that website is a great resource! I've submitted a request for building 1645 through Touring Plans. Anything in that area would be perfect.

I asked in the DP forum but haven't received any response-can you substitute your beverage for a dessert at Riverside Mill?

Thanks again!

Thanks so much, that website is a great resource! I've submitted a request for building 1645 through Touring Plans. Anything in that area would be perfect.

I asked in the DP forum but haven't received any response-can you substitute your beverage for a dessert at Riverside Mill?

Thanks again!
Yep, I use that sight regularly. The forums have an admin that is very responsive and a wealth of info on the resort.

Thanks again!

Technically, yes. But it depends on the CM you get. Some don't know how to or just don't want to go through the extra steps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!