Allergy Food Pictures

primrosea said:
At Disney right now and have been eating incredible gluten free food around the world. Our new favorite is Boatwrights, who would have guessed! I'll post pics when I get back :)

Looking forward to hearing all about your gluten free experiences. Leaving at the end of the month. This will be my first time at Disney since going gluten free.

Hi everyone! We just got back from 8 days at WDW and I am still downloading the pics, but here is a quick rundwon of our thrid gluten free vacation:

Stayed at POR and the first 3 days we had amazing food from Chef Paul and Chef Wes. Hot fresh Mickey Waffles, great turkey sandwiches on Udi's bread (its so big, how did they get that?) and nice salads. The last few days were not quite as great as there was a different chef there who often seemed put out by our asking. Food was still safe and we had no bad reactions, but certainly not prepared with any care or love.

Boma Dinner: Second time here and it was just as amazing! Plenty of good food at the buffet and the chef offered to prepare anything out back that we did not feel comfortable on the buffet. So much of the buffet is gluten free that I was not too worried about corss contamination. And ZEBRA DOMES..obviously amazing. They prepared a special dessert tray for us with zebra domes, gummy workms, brwonies, cookies...it was so good!

Liberty Tree Tavern: The second time here as well and just as wonderful. The chef there was the same as last year and he has been moved to the Castle, but was at LTT for 3 days as a fill in. The best part? Hes Gluten Free!!! Having a chef who gets it totally makes a difference and I had the Pilgrims Feast which blew me away. SOOOO flavorful and it even had gravy!:yay:

Sci FI: tasty safe food with lots of options. Loved the steak and my kids devoured the hamburgers. Obviously the shakes totally rocked!

1900 Breakfast: Chef TJ was there!!!! Great options on the buffet but he offered to cook anything out back that we did not feel comfortable with. He came out with 4 plates of GF Mickey Waffles that were the best we have ever had. Crunchy on the outside, warm and fluffy on the inside! I could have eaten 100 of them:woohoo:

Coral Reef: Seated right near the tank and the chef was quick to come out and talk. Much of the menu is naturally gluten free which made it easy. The chocolate wave was delish and he gave it my whole family (all GF) even if they were kids. Such a special thought :)

50's Primetime lunch: We wne tin 1 hour before and ordered the GF chicken right then so it would be done for out seating. I had the chicken pot pie and it was very tasty, husband loved the GF Fried Chicken. Our server Mikey really made it a special experience though. This is the second time we have had him and I consider him one of Disneys Best. Great attitutde, super funny and thoughtful. Plus he brought my husband 4 glasses of water and then [resented him with a "bedwetters guide" to the parks with all of the bathrooms circled, SO funny!

Chef Mickeys Dinner: Last minute reservation for the best time ever, 5:20! Our big disappointment of the trip. It was ok, but I did not feel the buffet setting was super safe and the only thing on the kids section that were gluten free were the peas and corn. He could not make pizza, mac and cheese, pasta or chicken tenders in the litchen. He made us 2 pieces of toast instead. 2 pieces of toast? :confused3 My daughter literally ate a little chicken, sunflower seeds and a cupcake. He did offer us gluten free cupcakes which were very tasty but, I don't feel like I would have to go back here again.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll try to post pics tonight!

Hi everyone!

Boma Dinner: Second time here and it was just as amazing! Plenty of good food at the buffet and the chef offered to prepare anything out back that we did not feel comfortable on the buffet. So much of the buffet is gluten free that I was not too worried about corss contamination. And ZEBRA DOMES..obviously amazing.

Let me know if you have any questions! I'll try to post pics tonight!

Zebra Domes are GF?????
OMG!!!!!!!
Staying AKV in March so I may look like a dome when I leave there.
Have a ressie for Boma and Sanna. Boma was DH's pick. The last few times we ate there I found it a zoo-loud, kids running around, but now I am GF, I guess I will endure it for good food options. ;)

Never done SciFi but thinking about it this trip.

Too bad about CM--it was a breakfast favourite for us in the past, but always loved 1900--better choice for GF me too.

Looking forward to your photos.

Finally got my pics uploaded. We were there Sept. 1-9.

My ds14 is GF/Peanut & Tree nut free.
Double check with the chef on all details!

First night...Ohana. No pics. Too busy eating.
He was brought his own safe wings. The sweet and sour sauce, I believe, was safe for him.
I think he could have the veggies, the meats,
and the chef brought him rolls, and then made him a special dessert of a brownie and ice cream.
Could not have the bread, the noodles or the potstickers, the bread pudding or the peanut sauce.
He was really good and checked back with us to make sure all was fine with DS.

50s Prime Time...although we were not impressed with the restaurant or the food for the rest of us,
the Chef here was AWESOME, and DS had his pick of the menu.
He chose Pot Pie because it's something he doesn't get very often. He LOVED it.

He had the brownie sundae for dessert. Also a big hit, and he was so full he couldn't even finish it.

I have more to come but ds isn't here right now to double check some facts with, so I'll get back with the rest!

Very nice!!! The pot pie looks DELICIOUS!! If we ever eat there again I think I'm now going to be torn between the fried chicken and the pot pie (assuming the pot pie is safe for the rest of my allergies).

Thanks for the pics! The pot pie looks great and I think its now on my must do list. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

That looks SOOOOOO good!!! I am now officially thrilled that I will be eating at Boma in February. I wonder how many of those things we'll be able to eat with our other allergies?

That looks SOOOOOO good!!! I am now officially thrilled that I will be eating at Boma in February. I wonder how many of those things we'll be able to eat with our other allergies?

The brownies were the OMG ones and the cupcakes were Baby Cakes. I hope that helps!

I thought that's what they looked like. Besides the zebra domes those were the things that I thought I recognized but it's good to get confirmation. It does help. We can't eat the brownies but can eat the cupcakes. Last I heard the GF zebra domes aren't safe for us either (milk?). I can't identify those pink domes, what looks like chocolate cups filled with butterscotch mousse and the caramel colored circles. I'm intrigued! It's very pretty too which is always a bonus.

Wow...looking at all this wonderful food. My DD (3, almost 4) is allergic to wheat, peanuts, treenuts, eggs and fish (not shellfish, though). We were worried about the food choices that would be available for her. After looking at this thread, I am thrilled with what she will have to choose from. Thank you all for your pictures and reviews of restaurants. We are finalizing our ADR's and trips since 180 is coming up pretty quickly. My DD wanted me to add this smiley - :banana:

T-Rex (sorry for the bad pic...it was dark in there!)
Woolly Mammoth Chicken - Seasoned grilled chicken breast sautéed with spinach, onions, roasted red bell peppers, zucchini and mushrooms in a light tomato and roasted red bell pepper broth served over garlic mashed potatoes $19.99

The chef came out to talk over DS's options, and DS said he was interested in this, and the chef said even if he hadn't been, he'd have recommended it, as it is very good. DS seemed to like it.

His dessert (minus the chocolate covered wafer):

Sorbet Sampler - Mango and raspberry sorbet topped with raspberry sauce and mango puree and served with a chocolate covered wafer $6.99

Loads of allergy free photos here . Too many to pull them all out individually, though. Photos are all of gluten free dairy free foods from Walt Disney World, Disneyland, and Disney Cruise as well as Universal area and Seaworld and Discovery Cove. LOL We love to eat in Orlando :goodvibes

I'll be posting dining reviews over the next couple of weeks, but here are a few of the prettier ones from our trip. Everything here is gluten, dairy, peanut and tree nut free with the dessert also being egg free among other things free.

This looked even better before I cut into it but I love that this picture shows what's inside. That's a sheet of chocolate around the outside. Inside is layers of chocolate cake and icing. That's caramel drizzled underneath. The pastry chef at AKL made one for each of us. It was SOOOOOO decadent.
hDUwmojl.jpg

My lamb two ways dish at Jikos hardly needed any modifications at all to be safe for me.
aqYTCYil.jpg

Reuben (without cheese) with house made chips at Grand Floridian Cafe.
479p4nMl.jpg

Vegetarian pizza with chicken added but no cheese at Mara. Sorry about the missing piece, I forgot to take the picture until I had already eaten a piece.
XqVQwKSl.jpg

Big ol' plate of pasta with bacon (honest, that's what she wanted) at Grand Floridian Cafe.
n1AxRprl.jpg

Jumbo scallops with tomato risotto and sauteed mushrooms at California Grill.
sYib6SDl.jpg

Tofutti and Enjoy Life cookies at the Plaza:
DSCF2155.jpg

I'm still quite annoyed by this, as I actually did say I could have baked dairy as it was just lactose intolerance, and the chef wouldn't let me have the brownie sundae. Still, the ice cream was quite good and so were the cookies.

Keep those allergy food pictures coming!! Any new ones to share??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter