Allergy Food Pictures

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
So.... I love looking at the Disney Food Pictures thread, I really do, but unfortunately, a lot of it is food that I can't eat. So, why don't we start our own thread, my dear allergy friends? I had one over on the Restaurants board a few years back, but it got merged with the pre-existing Food Pictures thread. Over here, maybe it won't get merged. Please mods, pretty pretty please????? :goodvibes :thumbsup2

So, here we go!

Gluten Free/Soy Free Vegetarian Pasta at Raglan Road

294211_587929612729_1312903880_n.jpg

Allergy-Friendly Salad at The Wave, no dressing (used a lemon wedge)

295871_587931424099_490584413_n.jpg

Babycakes Cupcake-Size Brownie (ah-mazing)

307253_587931488969_1783510687_n.jpg

305844_587931523899_1377974708_n.jpg

Gluten Free Rolls at Kona with real butter (warm and wonderful... this was pre-Udi's)

299071_587931753439_172254625_n.jpg

Gluten Free Kona Salad (yes, that's bleu cheese on top- I normally do ok with that)

300299_587931833279_1894727738_n.jpg

Gluten Free Soy Free Vegetarian Noodle and Veggie's at Kona (not on the menu)

321534_587931938069_1510556442_n.jpg

Gluten Free Pasta with Veggies at The Grand Floridian Cafe

316108_587933679579_1587205698_n.jpg

Incredible Eggplant Sandwich on Gluten Free Bun with Cucumber Salad at ESPN

301912_587935286359_210955166_n.jpg

Gluten Free Soy Free Vegetarian Tacos with Rice at La Hacienda (AWESOME!)

293517_587938075769_817347232_n.jpg

Gluten Free Bread and Butter at Chefs de France

302978_587938400119_1028356771_n.jpg

Some sort of soggy horrid gluten free vegetables at Chefs de France :sick:

310529_587938464989_1258204679_n.jpg

Half-eaten Gluten Free Soy Free Jiko Salad (yummy peaches)

293670_587938954009_1597632061_n.jpg

Ok, who's next??? :thumbsup2 popcorn::

Divvies (not gluten free- this was from our pre-gluten free days, but they are egg, milk, peanut and tree nut free)

47044_544831496699_7604048_n.jpg

67362_544831521649_7876675_n.jpg

SDSorority- AWESOME IDEA! :thumbsup2 I will definitely be back to add pics of my food in September. This will be my first trip (we go every year) with newly (and LOTS of) diagnosed allergies. I was wondering- what sort of "sauce" was on your veggies and noodles at Kona? I am dairy/gluten/soy/peanut/egg/garlic free (and those are just the big ones :scared1:) but I love to use coconut aminos on asian type dishes. I didn't know if there were any soy alternatives like this at WDW.

Thanks for starting this thread!

SDSorority- AWESOME IDEA! :thumbsup2 I will definitely be back to add pics of my food in September. This will be my first trip (we go every year) with newly (and LOTS of) diagnosed allergies. I was wondering- what sort of "sauce" was on your veggies and noodles at Kona? I am dairy/gluten/soy/peanut/egg/garlic free (and those are just the big ones :scared1:) but I love to use coconut aminos on asian type dishes. I didn't know if there were any soy alternatives like this at WDW.

Thanks for starting this thread!

I use coconut aminos too :goodvibes :goodvibes Unfortunately, they are no where to be found at WDW! There is a Whole Foods that might carry them though not too far away! Or you can bring some in little travel bottles from home :thumbsup2

The sauce on DH's noodle/veggie dish was olive oil- just plain. Of course, as you can imagine, it did need a bit of salt/pepper, and DH asked for cheese to put on top because we're not dairy free. In your case, and what I've done in the past, you might want to bring your own seasonings in little tiny containers (from the Container Store.... or maybe even a ziplock baggie). I have brought my coconut aminos to Asian restaurants before in little screw top nalgene bottles. They look at me like I'm crazy, but you know, you do what you gotta do! In your case, being garlic free as well, you might want to ask for everything to be cooked plain and then season it yourself. Maybe bring along a little bottle of coconut oil to use, too?

I made little "allergy cards" with our allergies listed to give to the chefs to take back to the kitchen with them. I made a surplus so everyone and their brother could have one :goodvibes

I'm in. This'll take several posts. We've got a mixture of allergies in our group. Most of the pictures below are free of gluten, milk, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, citrus (we do accept citric acid and lemon in particular can be near the end of an ingredient list and still be ok) and lima beans. We have some additional allergies that vary from person to person but most people don't care about those allergies so I'm not going to bother listing them with the pictures. The ones that aren't egg free I'll be sure to specify (only one of us is egg free so sometimes we get stuff with eggs)

Anyway, here we go. My pictures aren't nearly as nice as SDSorority's, but they do certainly show the food (some better than others; I didn't always try to actually get just food shots so some are as much of the people as they are the food).

Tusker House breakfast
picture413.jpg

'Ohana breakfast
picture808.jpg

'Ohana dinner
picture589.jpg

picture575.jpg

Sunshine Seasons (seared tuna over salad, kids and regular rotisserie chicken with white rice)
DisneyWorld089.jpg

DisneyWorld090.jpg

DisneyWorld091.jpg

DisneyWorld511.jpg

DisneyWorld509.jpg

DisneyWorld510.jpg

Coral Reef dinner (baked chicken with spinach and fries, steak with fries, white salmon with the sauce from the fish of the day over white rice, ice cream sundaes)
DisneyWorld032.jpg

DisneyWorld030.jpg

DisneyWorld031.jpg

DisneyWorld035.jpg

DisneyWorld036.jpg

picture289.jpg

50s Prime Time Cafe lunch (fried chicken with fries, milkshake)
picture118.jpg

picture114.jpg

Kona dinner (chicken over noodles)
picture060.jpg

Captain's Grille breakfast (obviously only some of the plates are egg free; anything without eggs on it is a completely egg free dish)
DisneyWorld776.jpg

DisneyWorld775.jpg

DisneyWorld774.jpg

DisneyWorld777.jpg

continued....

Captain's Grille dinner (pasta vegetable sautee with extra mushrooms, pasta vegetable sautee with shrimp, chicken tenders with fries)
DisneyWorld109.jpg

DisneyWorld108.jpg

DisneyWorld107.jpg

Biergarten lunch
DisneyWorld691.jpg

DisneyWorld689.jpg

DisneyWorld693.jpg

Hollywood Brown Derby (the dish of mushrooms was because DD14 didn't want any of the appetizers that were actually safe so after talking with the chef, he made this for her; mushrooms are one of her favourite foods; also, the crab cake has eggs)
(wild mushroom sautee, crab cakes *contains eggs*, steak with mushrooms and fried yuka chips I think, jumbo shrimp with spinach, steak exactly from the menu but without the butter, raspberry sorbet, two ice cream sundaes)
DisneyWorld569.jpg

DisneyWorld570.jpg

DisneyWorld571.jpg

DisneyWorld572.jpg

DisneyWorld575.jpg

DisneyWorld605.jpg

DisneyWorld606.jpg

DisneyWorld608.jpg

Polynesian Club Lounge (on sushi day in the lounge, the chef made sure to make up a safe batch just for us: california rolls with real crab and tuna poke)
DisneyWorld484.jpg

Columbia Harbour House (chicken tenders with fries, cookies) (I forgot to take pictures until we were nearly done so the portion is smaller than what we really got)
DisneyWorld468.jpg

DisneyWorld471.jpg

DisneyWorld472.jpg

Cape May Cafe breakfast (obviously the plates with eggs on them are not egg free; any plate without eggs is egg free)
DisneyWorld428.jpg

DisneyWorld426.jpg

DisneyWorld421.jpg

The Plaza Restaurant lunch (bacon mushroom burger with fries, tuna salad sandwich with fries *would not be egg free today due to bun), rootbeer float, ice cream sandwich *not gluten free; it was back when they still served Divvies*)
DisneyWorld312.jpg

DisneyWorld314.jpg

DisneyWorld316.jpg

DisneyWorld317.jpg

continued.....

Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre lunch (ribs with fries, milkshake)
DisneyWorld202.jpg

DisneyWorld203.jpg

Babycakes cake
DisneyWorld116.jpg

DisneyWorld115.jpg

Chef Mickey cupcake
20091223CMdessert2.jpg

Akershus dessert (ice cream sundae, ice cream with raspberry sorbet)
20080826Akershusbrowniesundae.jpg

picture991.jpg

Turkey leg
20091218TurkeyLeg.jpg

This time I'm done.

Oh my word that was awsome - can not wait for our trip now - we are gluten/casien free and we could eat every one of your wonderful meals! I do have a question about your sushi....what did you dip it in? My girls LOVE sushi, but we have GF Tamari, did they have something like that there for you? I am just overwelmed with the choices, and the food - milkshakes, floats, wow, my girls have not had those, even at home (a tiny tub of "icecream" is almost $10 wear I live) I want to see WDW so badly, but man alive, I think I want to go more just to eat - eat - eat LOL, the turkey leg looks amazing- had not even thought that would be "safe, smoked foods usually have Gluten in them, that I neve even contemplated that!
Thanks for the great pics, my girls are thrilled :thumbsup2

I use coconut aminos too :goodvibes :goodvibes Unfortunately, they are no where to be found at WDW! There is a Whole Foods that might carry them though not too far away! Or you can bring some in little travel bottles from home :thumbsup2

The sauce on DH's noodle/veggie dish was olive oil- just plain. Of course, as you can imagine, it did need a bit of salt/pepper, and DH asked for cheese to put on top because we're not dairy free. In your case, and what I've done in the past, you might want to bring your own seasonings in little tiny containers (from the Container Store.... or maybe even a ziplock baggie). I have brought my coconut aminos to Asian restaurants before in little screw top nalgene bottles. They look at me like I'm crazy, but you know, you do what you gotta do! In your case, being garlic free as well, you might want to ask for everything to be cooked plain and then season it yourself. Maybe bring along a little bottle of coconut oil to use, too?

I made little "allergy cards" with our allergies listed to give to the chefs to take back to the kitchen with them. I made a surplus so everyone and their brother could have one :goodvibes

Thanks so much for the info and suggestions! I have already been scoping out containers for spices and my coconut aminos :goodvibes We make do with what we can have, right? :rotfl: I get excited to see that others have had such good meals even with a variety of allergies to work around. Thankfully, (so far) I have not had any life threatening reactions to anything. My issues are all digestive related. It isn't fun by any means but at least I know if I come into contact with one of my allergens, it isn't as scary as it could be. My Dr. gave me an epi pen prescription just in case and I will definitely be bringing it along. I actually haven't eaten out once since my diagnosis 5 months ago so WDW will be a bit scary yet exciting when it comes to food. I am so looking forward to 11 days of NO COOKING! :banana: Thanks, again!

Oh my word that was awsome - can not wait for our trip now - we are gluten/casien free and we could eat every one of your wonderful meals! I do have a question about your sushi....what did you dip it in? My girls LOVE sushi, but we have GF Tamari, did they have something like that there for you? I am just overwelmed with the choices, and the food - milkshakes, floats, wow, my girls have not had those, even at home (a tiny tub of "icecream" is almost $10 wear I live) I want to see WDW so badly, but man alive, I think I want to go more just to eat - eat - eat LOL, the turkey leg looks amazing- had not even thought that would be "safe, smoked foods usually have Gluten in them, that I neve even contemplated that!
Thanks for the great pics, my girls are thrilled :thumbsup2

I think you've just discovered why we go as often as we do. Isn't it wonderful being able to vacation without having to cook or panic?

Many restaurants at WDW carry San-J gluten free soy sauce. I've even gotten it at Sunshine Seasons at Epcot;the chef poured it into a small cup for us. Food courts at our resorts have all been able to give us some as well. At the Polynesian, they do carry it at the Sushi bar and the chef in the club lounge also makes sure to have it on hand for guests when she knows she's got a guest who's gluten intollerant. I'm pretty sure the California Grill also carries it for their sushi but I haven't asked. Oh, just FYI, the California Rolls at Kona Island Sushi Bar is made with real crab. They don't even carry the fake stuff. I think theirs were the first California Rolls we've eaten in years. SOOO yummy.

That is great to know - we will not touch the "fake" crab -who knows what is in that stuff LOL....I am SO excited -we were taken by my birth mother to a VERY remote (far northern) area of Canada for 5 days and my girls and I ate chicken and rice (plain or with a bit of oil) for two meals a day, and eggs, and bacon for breakfast (I had a few veggies as did my youngest who does not have Autism) but the pickens were SCARCE....this is going to be bliss.....I just can not wrap my head around a root beer float, that is top of my list LOL - really we will have to budget this into the future - like every two years ,for the rest of my life I think :woohoo: my poor hubby, who can eat "normal" food, is happy to go and all, but does not understand my excitment at all LOL.

How was that cake from babycakes? Did they deliver it? Thinking of ordering one when we go in November.

Good move on the avoidance of the fake crab. I don't think I've found a brand that is gluten free. It's mostly fish but there is wheat in them.

For the rootbeer float, you don't even have to go sit down at the Plaza Restaurant. You can get one to go from the ice cream parlour. Just make sure you're clear with them that it has to be the Tofutti or Rice Dream ice cream (whichever you prefer but I personally don't trust Rice Dream to be gluten free despite them saying that it is) and that it has to be prepared using the allergy practices.

The cake was really yummy. Even my DH who doesn't typically like our gluten free foods enjoyed helping us with it. I also like that they use agave nectar instead of regular sugar and that the flours aren't just standard rice flour but rather they're a bit denser and higher in fiber so that the cake is easier on DH's blood sugar (he's a T2 diabetic). I will warn you that if you're not used to gluten free then it does have a flavour that kind of makes me think of a health food cake but my family definitley gobbled it all up. That picture is of a 6" cake and that was plenty big. I'm glad I arranged for it at a restaurant at our resort so we could bring it back to our room right after dinner. We were snacking on it for days afterward.

I ordered this back when Babycakes still didn't deliver to resorts. I worked with my resort's cake hotline and they informed me that they didn't feel that they could safely make a cake for us so they arranged for somebody from the resort to run over to DTD to pick it up for us. We also got one on a different trip at 'Ohana but the pickup was arranged by the Poly club level folks as part of the wonderful little things they do for club level guests (I made sure to arrange for it at a restaurant at our resort figuring it was more likely to work; it want perfectly). That cake was also delicious. Now, it's very easy to arrange for deliveries to resorts and restaurants. I believe you just go through the cake hotline and that they now just use Babycakes for a lot of the allergy cakes. I will warn you that it's not cheap. I think I paid around $45 plus tax for the 6" cake. It really is a tall cake and the fact that these have been the only professional cakes my kids have ever had made it totally worth the price, but the price is still steep.

We will be getting a cake for my girls (it will be both their birthdays while we are there) as well -can not wait - they will have to share a cake though LOL. They to have not had a "store made" cake in years and years, what a treat! I only use whole grain flours, so will suit us just fine!

This isn't my picture, but Emily posted this on her facebook page a few days ago. I.was.so.excited.

This is at the Yacht/Beach. :cool1: :banana:

575257_10150908529927800_1935338651_n.jpg

I am so excited to see Babycakes at the BC! We are staying at the BC club level and our daughter is gluten free. We are so excited to see all the gluten free choices. We have been to Disney many times but this is our first gluten free trip. I hope this means there may be some gluten free choices in the club lounge.

Thanks for all the pictures!:thumbsup2

I am so excited to see Babycakes at the BC! We are staying at the BC club level and our daughter is gluten free. We are so excited to see all the gluten free choices. We have been to Disney many times but this is our first gluten free trip. I hope this means there may be some gluten free choices in the club lounge.

Thanks for all the pictures!:thumbsup2

We're expecting pictures from your trip you know.... :goodvibes :thumbsup2 :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts