All you can eat buffets

eeyoreali

Mouseketeer
Hi! I've read that some people do a late breakfast reservation (close to the end) and then they are there to enjoy the lunch options as well.

How well does this actually work? Do all buffet places allow this?

I know it would "waste" a lot of time if you stay there that long - just looking at options. Thinking of having late breakfast/early lunches.

I've never done it myself. But I've read on here several times that if you book your time just right, yes you can enjoy both.

It does work at some buffets where there isn't a gap between breakfast and dinner. For instance, at Cape May Cafe breakfast stops seating at 11 and dinner starts seating at 5 so they don't put out lunch foods (as there is no lunch seating). Take a look at the restaurant and when the seatings change over and if there's no gap, chances are good that a later breakfast seating will get you a few lunch foods.

Some buffets (Chef Mickey's and a few others) have a specified brunch seating that combines the foods. If you look at the menu for the brunch seating, you'll see a mixture of breakfast and lunch items. Again, look at the time listed for each seating in that case to get an idea.

Your best bet at getting a combination of breakfast and lunch that isn't actually a brunch would have to be at a buffet with a designated lunch seating (Crystal Palace, Hollywood & Vine) but there is usually about an hour between when the breakfast seating stops and the lunch seating starts, so you may not see those lunch foods until you've been there a little while (it will really depend on how busy they are).

We've done it multiple times at tusker house. My daughter loves the rice dish at lunch, and my son only wants waffles, so this has worked out great for us. We usually get a reservation around 10:30, although last time we were finally seated well after 11. Still got both breakfast and lunch. I assume we were charged the breakfast price, but we had DDP, so it was a credit either way.

I've also done this at Tusker House a few times. I've read mixed reports on whether this can work at Crystal Palace. Some diners have reported that the breakfast food and lunch food at CP are kept on separate sides, with a barrier between the breakfast guests and the lunch guests, so that no one can cross over. Others have found it wide open there, so your experience could go either way.

We had a 9:30 reservation for Tusker House but because of mechanical problems on the bus, we wound up getting there about 10:30. We had breakfast and about 20 minutes in, they started bringing out their lunch items which we were able to sample as well.

We also had this happen at Tusker House. We weren't trying to get breakfast and lunch, but when we checked in for our early lunch ADR some of the breakfast items were still available.

Thank you for the info. Tusker house and Crystal Palace are 2 on my list that I'd like to try this for. I'd rather be spending the morning on rides than at a table.

We do MK rollercoaster rides before our ADR @ CG Sunday morning brunch. I always aim for a reservation around 12:30 and then no more formal eating for the rest of the day 'cause we are full.

we've had a 10:40-10:45 ADR at Tusker House. Works great for our family as there are several picky eaters who would never eat what was on the lunch menu there but are happy with most of the standard breakfast fare, while others are more adventuresome.

Hi! I've read that some people do a late breakfast reservation (close to the end) and then they are there to enjoy the lunch options as well.

How well does this actually work? Do all buffet places allow this?

I know it would "waste" a lot of time if you stay there that long - just looking at options. Thinking of having late breakfast/early lunches.

Any buffet that is continuously open from breakfast to lunch this should work for. Just find out what time they officially switch over and book your reservation for 15 minutes before that.

Thank you for the info. Tusker house and Crystal Palace are 2 on my list that I'd like to try this for. I'd rather be spending the morning on rides than at a table.
We’ve also had luck at TH, 10:30 reservation, seated closer to 11, both available.

I’ve been told CP may or may not work. Some people have said they rope the lunch line off when they first bring out the foods and it doesn’t always work to get both. We haven’t tried yet though (currently we have a PPO there keeping an eye out for a late breakfast slot because we are thinking of trying), so good luck!

Was at the crystal place on jan8th we had a late breakfast reservation
During the breakfast it started to change over to lunch and a table of 4 next to us that had already eaten breakfast while we were there

Got up and started to eat lunch as well and no one said a word to them

I think some places don’t mind but that was my only experience with this
I have never tried it myself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter