All Work and No Play makes Smee Grumpy: an Oct.'19 "work" TR *New PTR link 4/8*

We're hoping our awesome server Rony is working so we can not only introduce Jenny and Joe to him but see him one more time before Citricos closes 😭
How did I miss that this is happening?! I'm glad I had the chance to eat there when we did Highway in the Sky in 2018, otherwise I would be even more sad about this news!

I hope you have the best trip! We’re going to Citricos for the first time this trip (in Feb so it’ll be the last time too!) and a lot of that is to do with your dining reviews! I can’t wait to see what it’s like and hopefully get to experience the yumminess myself. Have an excellent trip

Our flight leaves at 10:30 and we'll land around 1:20. Originally we weren't leaving until 2:30 but that flight got cancelled and our choices were leaving at 5:30pm or 10:30am; is leaving LATER than planned even an option when going to Disney???
Never later....always earlier!!!
7:30 dinner with @Jenny Sanders at our favorite Citricos! We're hoping our awesome server Rony is working so we can not only introduce Jenny and Joe to him but see him one more time before Citricos closes 😭 I'm sad about this although turning in to a V&A Bistro of sorts does sound cool; Rony actually told us about this last time we saw him in Sept. when we were there with Melinda @pepperandchips but he didn't know when it would happen.
I like Citricos...we haven't eaten there in a while but have great memories of Jamie and Stuart's 8th birthday dinner there.
The room we saw first was a suite and our guide pointed out the "new" TV feature Disney was rolling out:
Love that!
At first when the Toledo menu was released it didn't appeal to me but after seeing the restaurant I went back over the menu, and we do have it booked for July. I think it's absolutely breathtaking:
It really is stunning!
While touring I got this from my DIL:
The cuteness!!!!!!
So lovely! And Dahlia Lounge next door was no less gorgeous but I have a little packing to do so you're going to have to wait until I get back :wave2: Have a great few days all!
Have a fabulous trip!!

The sangria is the typical Disney Beso Del Sol which is fine but OMG do you see this pretzel?? I had it for the 1st time back in August when Steve and I came with the pepperandchips crew and @ArielSRL and her DH and this thing is seriously the pretzel to beat all pretzels. I did my best to finish it and got about 2/3 of the way done before I felt the need to either stop eating or vomit.
I was on the phone with Steve a good part of my time there but when I wasn't I did get more comfortable being on my own. Kudos to those of you who do it in Disney often! I actually thought to myself "are there seriously none of my DIS friends here I cant ext to come hang with me??" and while I knew @lvcourtneyy and I believe @kittylady1972 were around they were both with their SO's and I didn't want my pathetic self begging them for company.

First off, one thing you should know about me is I am ALL about spur of the moment stuff! I would have loved to join you just to say hello for sure, even if it meant leaving my DH behind...he was probably in the room ready to go to sleep anyway. Next time for sure!

That pretzel looks pretty good...might have to think about that on my next trip which for now seems to be focused on on FOOD.

So jealous that you are on your way (or maybe already there) to Disney now. I seriously wanted to plan a trip for this month...or next month...or a cruise...but now we have this March trip in the works and hopefully I will be good waiting that long.

I just started packing about an hour ago lol plus still cleaning and have to go to a meeting at Chris's school later :rolleyes:
I packed last night. It didn't really take too long because I had already decided on outfits just needed to actually throw them in the suitcase. I need to finish up my toiletries though, but I should get home around 4:15-4:30 and we are leaving at 6, so I can get finished up then.

I'll see you guys tomorrow!!! WAHOO!

We're hoping our awesome server Rony is working so we can not only introduce Jenny and Joe to him but see him one more time before Citricos closes 😭 I'm sad about this although turning in to a V&A Bistro of sorts does sound cool; Rony actually told us about this last time we saw him in Sept. when we were there with Melinda @pepperandchips but he didn't know when it would happen.
I remember reading about this but I didn't know if it was true. We haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet so I better get on that. See if you can find out anymore tonight!

our wonderful skipper backed up for her! It was a nice little pixie dust moment and when we got off at the CR we grabbed a picture with her
We have loved almost all the skippers we have run across at WL.

And then one of the girls tweeted it wherever you tweet CM appreciations. Our skipper who I believe was Beckie explained that those tweets/emails/whatever get read during morning staff meetings, printed out and hung up for all to see :goodvibes
Yes! We always try to tweet our cast compliments to WDWToday. We have had several replied to.

So cute!

'Everything' Pretzel
Beer Cheese, Yuzu-pickled Vegetables, House-made Mr. Tractor Kolsch Mustard

Oo that sounds delicious. My sister and I had a loaded pretzel at Jock Lindsay's in December that was fantastic- I think you'd love it!

while I knew @lvcourtneyy and I believe @kittylady1972 were around they were both with their SO's and I didn't want my pathetic self begging them for company.

Aw should this happen again in the future, I wouldn't have thought you were pathetic and would've been happy to join you- especially for a drink since Mike rarely drinks so I spend a lot of time drinking alone lol.

Omg I definitely need this lol!

Hmm I think this is another one for the collection! :rotfl:

is leaving LATER than planned even an option when going to Disney???

100% no.

see him one more time before Citricos closes 😭 I'm sad about this although turning in to a V&A Bistro of sorts does sound cool

Oo wow. I didn't know this was happening!

Where it says "valued guest" your name shows up, cool! Ours showed up when we stayed in December and this feature was, at the time of this tour, also in the regular CR rooms. Our guide said he THOUGHT it would eventually be in all resorts.

We thought this feature was really cool when we stayed at Coronado in October. I also thought it was cool that they had a way to look at your photopass pictures on the tv but it never actually worked for us lol

Omg :love::love::love:

One more day to get through and we're off to Disney
So you're there now! Hope you're having a great time!
Once full we took my fave mode of Disney transport to the CR, the boat.
Mine too. I love taking a boat to go... anywhere on Disney property.
But then, what to our tired agent eyes did appear, but one more orange shirt agent running towards us and getting near! (I apologize for that folks).
:laughing:
we started yelling to her that we'd let our owner know she's on the next boat, when our wonderful skipper backed up for her!
Nice!
And then one of the girls tweeted it wherever you tweet CM appreciations. Our skipper who I believe was Beckie explained that those tweets/emails/whatever get read during morning staff meetings, printed out and hung up for all to see :goodvibes
Good to know. Gives me a reason to do so in the future.
he started off telling us how Gran Destino is an homage to the classic Disney movie "Destino" which to be honest, I'd never heard of but does play in the lobby:
Never heard of it. :confused3
Where it says "valued guest" your name shows up, cool!
Nice. :)
This was a water view room and I thought the view was pretty:
::yes::
And you can see my love from there!
:laughing:

Awwww. :)

One more day to get through and we're off to Disney ✈
Hope you're having a great time. No really I mean it 😭

Rony is working so we can not only introduce Jenny and Joe to him but see him one more time before Citricos closes 😭
I hadn't heard that. Is it closing for good or are they just refurbing it?

Don't think I'll start another TR for that but I will probably do a dining report for those of you who spend time frequenting that board!
Me, Me, Me! That's where all the cool kids hang out

But then, what to our tired agent eyes did appear, but one more orange shirt agent running towards us and getting near! (I apologize for that folks).
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Wow I did not realize that group shirts also mandated what you had to wear on the bottom. That is some serious committment!

At first when the Toledo menu was released it didn't appeal to me but after seeing the restaurant I went back over the menu, and we do have it booked for July.
Cant' wait to see what you think. We almost went in August but were in the same boat with the menu. The tapas all sounded good but none of the entrees were calling my name

Where's her orange shirt? :P

I hope you're having the most fantastic time with all the EPIC Ladies! Super, duper jealous right now.

What a great tour you gave us of the Destino and Toledo!

I have never heard of Destino the movie either, but am looking it up on D+ right now and will watch if they have it. :)

I had heard the news of Citricos changing over as well and am glad to have been able to get there once. It wasn't my favorite, but was nice. I am super curious of what the new V&As place will be.

We're hoping our awesome server Rony is working so we can not only introduce Jenny and Joe to him but see him one more time before Citricos closes
We had a great server at Boatwrights who made dinner special by giving us complimentary champagne and a free dessert. I told Dana that you had a favorite server at Citrico's who probably makes dinner special the way our waiter did. :) I hope you were able to see Rony last week.

Seriously though we were like 1 minute away from the dock when Kim came barreling down towards the boat and we started yelling to her that we'd let our owner know she's on the next boat, when our wonderful skipper backed up for her! It was a nice little pixie dust moment
I have never seen a boat turn back like that. Usually, once they throw the ropes off and blow the whistle, they are on their way. I bet that they wouldn't have turned back if it was the park boat. That was some good pixie dust. :)

All caught up!!

Hope you are enjoying your current trip!

Good move on choosing the sit down at Splitsville! That definitely seemed like the best idea and was probably a much better meal! I think if I was on a trip that structured I would be breaking as many rules as you did 🤣

So just a thought on doubletree suites. My family used to stay here when there were six of us going and we used to love our stays there! For a family of six it was the cheapest option that made us feel like we were on Disney property and we much cheaper than even getting two rooms at Pop. Not sure how the prices fair now but back when we stayed there it was definitely one of our go to options! Plus those cookies made great quick breakfasts! Lol

I don't think the shirt change counts as breaking the rules! Lol no need to be uncomfortable all night and you were still in theme! Lol

Did you notice your MVMCP to be less crowded than MNSSHP? I noticed a huge difference but I don't know if we just had a good night for the Christmas party!

Wait I did not know Citricos is closing! Glad DH and I got to eat there in June!

How did I miss that this is happening?! I'm glad I had the chance to eat there when we did Highway in the Sky in 2018, otherwise I would be even more sad about this news!
It wasn't a huge announcement and technically wasn't "official" before I left. However now it is and they aren't actually closing totally, yay!! The bar will close and the restaurant will close in phases rather than all at once :goodvibes That means I shouldn't have to worry about where Rony is going lol! A restaurant name or theme change hasn't been announced just that the menu will be updated.
I hope you have the best trip! We’re going to Citricos for the first time this trip (in Feb so it’ll be the last time too!) and a lot of that is to do with your dining reviews! I can’t wait to see what it’s like and hopefully get to experience the yumminess myself. Have an excellent trip
Thank you we had a super good time and I'm so happy you're trying Citricos! As I told Jackie above we were happy to hear it isn't closing all at once for a period of time :thumbsup2 I hope you have a great trip!
I like Citricos...we haven't eaten there in a while but have great memories of Jamie and Stuart's 8th birthday dinner there.
Aw how sweet!
Have a fabulous trip!!
Thank you we did! I'm going to do a dining report as soon as I have time.
First off, one thing you should know about me is I am ALL about spur of the moment stuff! I would have loved to join you just to say hello for sure, even if it meant leaving my DH behind...he was probably in the room ready to go to sleep anyway. Next time for sure!
I will remember that!
That pretzel looks pretty good...might have to think about that on my next trip which for now seems to be focused on on FOOD.
You do need to try it and last week I tried the newest version at Jock Lindsey's which was like 98% just as good! No problem with a trip being focused on food, when we don't have the kids they are TOTALLY more about the food!
.or a cruise...but now we have this March trip in the works and hopefully I will be good waiting that long.
We are doing a Disney cruise in April! I hope March works out for you
I remember reading about this but I didn't know if it was true. We haven't had the opportunity to eat there yet so I better get on that. See if you can find out anymore tonight!
Unfortunately Rony wasn't working but our server Javier was great! That was Friday night and he said Tuesday all the workers had a meeting with management to get details; now we know they are just closing the restaurant parts at a time and redoing the menu with no name change announced so I'm hoping Rony is staying put!
I hope you're having a wonderful time!!! :goodvibes
:thanks: we did! Home now and have to start focusing on our April cruise 🛳 Going to do a dining report on this trip asap!

Oo that sounds delicious. My sister and I had a loaded pretzel at Jock Lindsay's in December that was fantastic- I think you'd love it!
My friends Mr. and Mrs. @pepperandchips ordered the pretzel at Jocks last weekend, I tried it and it was great! I do think the one at Crew's Cup is a teeny tiny bit better but OMG Jock's is a great option too. I hope it sticks around as they change their menu often
Aw should this happen again in the future, I wouldn't have thought you were pathetic and would've been happy to join you- especially for a drink since Mike rarely drinks so I spend a lot of time drinking alone lol.
Aw I do hope our trips overlap again soon! I don't want you drinking alone 😆
Omg I definitely need this lol!
I got it this trip and can't wait to wear it! Then I don't need to verbally apologize for my behavior :laughing:
So you're there now! Hope you're having a great time!
Home as of 12:45 this morning but thank you we had a really good time!
Never heard of it. :confused3
I know it's totally obscure. I did see that while I was away Liesa @Steppesister found it on Disney + I think and watched it? And didn't like it lol. It was a joint effort with Dali and very strange.
Hope you're having a great time. No really I mean it 😭
Oh my friend you were deeply missed xoxo
I hadn't heard that. Is it closing for good or are they just refurbing it?
Refurbing luckily and we found out NOT closing the whole restaurant at once-doing it in stages. We unfortunately didn't see Rony as he was off but now I'm hoping he stays there!
Me, Me, Me! That's where all the cool kids hang out
:cool1:8-):cool2:
Wow I did not realize that group shirts also mandated what you had to wear on the bottom. That is some serious committment!
Ah, yes it did :mad: and being told to wear WHITE bottoms did NOT go over well with 100 differently proportioned women!
I have never heard of Destino the movie either, but am looking it up on D+ right now and will watch if they have it. :)
OK I saw your post on my other TR that you watched it lol and I'm not surprised you didn't really like it! Our guide was explaining it to use and it sounded like a weird idea to base a resort on and a weird piece in general. There are a couple paintings/sculptures in the lobby that reference it as well as a couple small nods in the rooms and that's basically all other than the name.
We had a great server at Boatwrights who made dinner special by giving us complimentary champagne and a free dessert. I told Dana that you had a favorite server at Citrico's who probably makes dinner special the way our waiter did. :) I hope you were able to see Rony last week.
So nice! Unfortunately Rony was off Friday but our server Javier was great; he's been there 23 years!
All caught up!!

Hope you are enjoying your current trip!
:wave2: Good to see you here Cloe and we did have a great time with lots of DIS friends ❤
think if I was on a trip that structured I would be breaking as many rules as you did 🤣
Ha probably why we "like" each other!!!
So just a thought on doubletree suites. My family used to stay here when there were six of us going and we used to love our stays there! For a family of six it was the cheapest option that made us feel like we were on Disney property and we much cheaper than even getting two rooms at Pop. Not sure how the prices fair now but back when we stayed there it was definitely one of our go to options! Plus those cookies made great quick breakfasts! Lol
I agree it's a really good option for larger families! Not sure how long it's been since you've stayed but it is in need of a refurb and compared to some of the other resorts we saw it just wasn't the one I'd suggest right off the bat? But a couple agents that were with us had stayed there and had no problems :)
Did you notice your MVMCP to be less crowded than MNSSHP? I noticed a huge difference but I don't know if we just had a good night for the Christmas party!
So funny you say this because YES! Our MVMCP we felt was not over crowded and we could maneuver around very well. Steve obviously wasn't at the Halloween party with me but lots of agents including the ones I hung with felt it was way overcrowded and we did see higher wait times at rides than I saw in December. So for whatever reason- maybe they sell/sold less Xmas party tix this year???

All caught up!

That pretzel looks amazing! Honestly worth any trouble you may get into if that's the reward!

Wow that's awesome that the CM was able to go back and get the last agent (Amanda?), Sometimes it the little things in life!

Gran Destino Tower looks so lovely! This pics make me want to stay there that is your job right???

OK I saw your post on my other TR that you watched it lol and I'm not surprised you didn't really like it! Our guide was explaining it to use and it sounded like a weird idea to base a resort on and a weird piece in general. There are a couple paintings/sculptures in the lobby that reference it as well as a couple small nods in the rooms and that's basically all other than the name.
I mean what in the actual heck was Disney even thinking with this piece. It would go over 99% of everyone's heads including mine and is so abstract and bizarre. There are weird parts where she is naked and I dunno, base an entire resort off of it? :confused3

Home as of 12:45 this morning but thank you we had a really good time!
Welcome back. :)
I know it's totally obscure. I did see that while I was away Liesa @Steppesister found it on Disney + I think and watched it? And didn't like it lol. It was a joint effort with Dali and very strange.
Huh. Dali? Not surprised it's strange.

Glad you had a great trip!

Been a while since we stayed there but hopefully they touch it up soon! We always felt like it was a smaller cost effective Contemporary 😂

And I wonder if it made a difference that they didn't offer the party pass for MVMCP and or sold less tickets! Because the crowds were definitely night and day between the two parties!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter