All Work and No Play makes Smee Grumpy: an Oct.'19 "work" TR *New PTR link 4/8*

So the answer to DID I leave is
::yes::

The answer to WHERE did I go is

That a girl!!!!!!!! Disney lounges, even when solo, will always beat forced group fun.

I took a seat and ordered what I'll deem "rainy night comfort food"
This looks like the perfect way to end your night. I must have missed you all having that pretzel before because now I have to try it.

So I walked over to the Yacht lobby where from NY Steve called me a Lyft because I don't have the app and my tech skills don't extend to downloading apps :rolleyes1
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: How did you pay without the app?

And there you have it; the WHERE I went and WHAT I had.
So shocked this is how you ended the day. Though I must say I think after this day you truly earned it!

on a shirt in AK I REALLY need to buy one of these trips:

I saw that too and loved it. Though I like @StarWarsMomofGirls! really needs this for Gwen!

You're a DIS junkie!!!
Um aren't we all? Maybe we should start a FB Junkie's group! Wait...............
Certainly.

<ahem>

amen

You're welcome.
:worship:
Holy crap!!! I need this in my life!!!
Get yourself down to Disney again!!!!
From... NY...
No... that's not... it... is it?
::yes::::yes::😙😄
Yes. Yes you do. ::yes::
I told my DIL about the shirt today and she said I absolutely 100% need it lol
First of all, I love that you’re a rule breaker.
You can always count on me for that!
Second, I love the man scrub. That is EXACTLY why Joe and Steve get along so well. Lol!
Now we need a shot of them in their matching shirts doing the man scrub 😂
hat pretzel looks amazing!!!!! I think Jock LIndsay's had something similar for the holidays.
I think I saw that on their menu! Sadly we haven't been since August but that will be remedied next weekend :thumbsup2
Ha! I have to admit, I haven't actually called my own Lyft either. I just haven't had a time where I needed to.
Yeah that's it, Steve has the app on his phone so no need for me to download it as we only use Lyft in Disney and we're usually together! I'm so bad with technology including phones so I was afraid I'd screw it up lol
Refresh my memory, are you at the CR again this trip? I thought it wasn't your favourite?
We are at WL this Friday but yes, CR for 2 nights in July and then moving to BWI CL :goodvibes None of us love the CR BUT, I go by what my discounts offer as well as what our plans are, and for the 4th of July being able to walk back to our resort after the fireworks will be SO nice! If you remember last year getting from Epcot to the WL was a huge long hassle. But again only 2 nights there! And really the room size is awesome so we won't mind that knowing CL is coming up!
They see solo diners all the time.
I know; and I shouldn't have been uncomfortable. But it was the first time I'd eaten anywhere in Disney myself so that was part of it plus being not thrilled with the day too and seeing the families/friends sitting there made me sad. But now that I've done it once I'm ok doing it again!
I would have been a little self-conscious about eating alone in a it down place like a lounge.
Yes like I said it was the first I'd done that in Disney and seeing families and friends at the other tables made me sad :worried: If I had a book like @pkondz said he brings I would have felt less conspicuous but of course I hadn't planned on eating alone. Really nobody made me feel weird it was just my own issue.
We haven't tried a ride share yet. We've just used the regular taxis.
I think Lyft/Uber are less $$ than regular taxi's? Not sure but Lyft is totally cheap!
We are excited about our trip to POR tomorrow.
You're there now!!! Hope you're having a great time, so sorry we're missing each other by a day but happy we should be able to say hi in July :goodvibes
That a girl!!!!!!!! Disney lounges, even when solo, will always beat forced group fun.
YES! Although Disney lounges with lots of DIS friends trumps it all ❤ #longliveterry
I must have missed you all having that pretzel before because now I have to try it.
It was in July and I thought I posted the pic in my last TR but who knows? Neither of us are young enough to remember back that far lol
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: How did you pay without the app?
Steve paid - from NY! 🍎

I'm a sucker for any kind of pretzel, but MY GOODNESS that pretzel looks delicious! I'm glad you found something to eat that hit the spot so well!

:rotfl: I'm impressed that Steve could order you a Lyft from states away!

I hope your next day turns around (and that you get much better food!).

In other exciting news (well for us) we booked a July trip! This will be our 2nd time visiting in July, we enjoyed being there for the 4th so much last year we're doing it again
Can't wait!!
You're welcome for sharing this picture! My facial expressions got worse as Cathy kept snapping.
HAHAHA
1900 Park Fare
I've never done dinner here but we used to do breakfast all the time and it was good. But it had been a long time...like I used to go with my parents! So I booked it for our May/June trip, so we shall see if breakfast is still good and better than your dinner!
See I try to do that cute thing with my leg/knee that people do in pictures that makes them just look - well - cute - but I just end up looking like I have gas or something.
I am still trying to get this right in photos! I'm getting better but it seems to work better with skirts and dresses.
So at first we were supposed to tour Disney resorts tonight. While most FAM's are planned out by our host this one was planned mostly by our owner and that meant she worked WITH Disney to get all the things we had, did, and saw. That also meant that if Disney decided they couldn't accommodate something it would change. Therefore after they cancelled the night tours our owner added a few hours at Jellyrolls to our itinerary. Yes that's cool! Fun! Here's what I didn't like; it was MANDATORY and while I am 100% fine drinking (you may know that about me) and Cathy and I have had lots of fun hanging out drinking together, remember one agent got offended at HDDR? Well, as I said then there are agents from all sorts of backgrounds in our agency and I didn't think it was right to mandate you go to a bar type situation as part of work. Maybe it's me; other than this I haven't "worked" in 18 years so maybe I'm out of the loop? Either way while I was fine going I just wasn't sure it was the right thing to make mandatory in this situation.
I agree with you.
TL stops serving food at 10 so right then and there I declared out loud that I would be back for my soup before 10, don't care who said what :snooty:
You rebel, you!

Hey just trying to get caught up around the DIS!! I'm so jealous you got to do a Disney FAM. I gotta figure out how to get on one of those!

Especially since we leave for Disney now in SEVEN days and I really cannot wait!!!
YAY!!! And even fewer days away now!

CAN I GET AN AMEN???
AMEN!

So the answer to DID I leave is
:woohoo:

I was on the phone with Steve a good part of my time there but when I wasn't I did get more comfortable being on my own. Kudos to those of you who do it in Disney often!
Why thank you! :laughing: It honestly wasn't always easy for me, either, but it gets easier after many, many solo trips :rotfl:

So I walked over to the Yacht lobby where from NY Steve called me a Lyft because I don't have the app and my tech skills don't extend to downloading apps :rolleyes1 but it worked!
That's awesome! What a guy :goodvibes

'm a sucker for any kind of pretzel, but MY GOODNESS that pretzel looks delicious! I'm glad you found something to eat that hit the spot so well!
I can't think of a better pretzel I've had anywhere! So glad I knew about it so I could end my night with a happy full stomach :goodvibes
I hope your next day turns around (and that you get much better food!).
Yeah! Well.................
Can't wait!!
Can't wait for July or this weekend!!
I've never done dinner here but we used to do breakfast all the time and it was good. But it had been a long time...like I used to go with my parents! So I booked it for our May/June trip, so we shall see if breakfast is still good and better than your dinner!
We did breakfast there years ago and loved the food and character interaction and I'd do breakfast again but not dinner.
That is a bunch of yum right there! I love me some soft pretzels and have them all over but this one was a real standout in July!
SO glad I knew about it and I shall have that again for sure!
Hey just trying to get caught up around the DIS!! I'm so jealous you got to do a Disney FAM. I gotta figure out how to get on one of those!
:wave: it's so nice to see you Kathy, Happy New Year! Glad you're getting some DIS time in.
The FAM's are set up by your agency owner!
Ariane - they have Magic Cookie Bars at Port Orleans Riverside. You might want to stay here sometime. :)
Hey Sue, thanks for checking in from your trip :) I've heard they have them there! I think we may end up staying there for 1 night after our cruise in April as they have a good AP rate and the magic bars are another good reason to stay there lol

But, you're only 29!
Why yes.....yes I am! 29 😬😬
Dang it! I almost went with that. No. Really, I did!
I believe you, I really do. You were very close!
YAY!!! And even fewer days away now!
Yes and of course I am nowhere near ready :scared: Cleaning and laundry to do, work is crazy, no idea what I'm packing. I mean at this point it's kind of easy to just throw a bunch of Disney shirts in a suitcase lol but I do kind of have to match!
Why thank you! :laughing: It honestly wasn't always easy for me, either, but it gets easier after many, many solo trips :rotfl:
:welcome: lol. I don't know why I felt weird especially since I know so many of you guys that do it solo! And seriously nobody looked at me funny it was all in my head an quickly left once I warmed up and got that delicious food and drink in me
Have fun on your trip!!! Post lots of pictures!
Thanks and I will!!!

Yes and of course I am nowhere near ready :scared: Cleaning and laundry to do, work is crazy, no idea what I'm packing. I mean at this point it's kind of easy to just throw a bunch of Disney shirts in a suitcase lol but I do kind of have to match!
Disney trip packing is in some ways way more intense than any other trip packing. But who among us go on other trips anyway? :rotfl2:

My TA is a rule breaker!?! Hey, for that pretzel, I can't say I blame you!!

I love that you had Steve order your Lyft from NY :)

Cute character surprise pics at WL!!! Love the penguin especially!

Theodore and Amos, from my most favorite Disney movie growing up!! Do you know what it is (without googling!) and where this poster is?
No clue where it is, but is it from The Apple Dumpling Gang?

Okay, so no packing here either! I hate to admit this but we aren't even fully unpacked from Thanksgiving yet! smh.

Of course we are only there for a short weekend trip so we don't need too much, except I really am not sure how the weather is going to go so we have to pack for warm and cool!

Ok, caught up!
ABD"s are NOT inexpensive but are truly amazing and they're offered on 6 continents! There are even "short escapes" that are like 3-4 nights, both domestic and international. Our presenter was an adventure guide who'd been on tons of these but primarily currently had been doing the Montana short escape as well as the Italy/Switzerland excursion and the pictures were breathtaking. We had some agents do the Austria/ Czech Republic Adventure the end of last year and those pictures just blew me away. Save your 💰though lol because these will set you back A LOT of pretty pennies!
Yeah, I've wanted to check out some of these! I think the China and Egypt ones look AMAZING!!! Just also $$$$
We were getting HUNGRY and during a break between ABD and DL these were rolled in:

Those look so good! Too bad they didn't turn out the best!
Steve and I had dinner here in 2018 when we took my younger stepson to meet the girl he'd met online who lived in Orlando :rolleyes: and we HATED it.
Oh yeah, how did that relationship end up working out?
AND try out the new character breakfast at Toppolino's with Mr. and Mrs. @Jenny Sanders !
It was so much fun! And delicious! Make sure to ask for extra pastries so you can try them all!
on a shirt in AK I REALLY need to buy one of these trips:

Same, I need to get one!

One more day to get through and we're off to Disney ✈ Our flight leaves at 10:30 and we'll land around 1:20. Originally we weren't leaving until 2:30 but that flight got cancelled and our choices were leaving at 5:30pm or 10:30am; is leaving LATER than planned even an option when going to Disney???
We'll check in to WL first and probably get lunch at Geyser Point. I did make a couple fastpasses at MK and if we feel like it we'll go over before our 7:30 dinner with @Jenny Sanders at our favorite Citricos! We're hoping our awesome server Rony is working so we can not only introduce Jenny and Joe to him but see him one more time before Citricos closes
😭 I'm sad about this although turning in to a V&A Bistro of sorts does sound cool; Rony actually told us about this last time we saw him in Sept. when we were there with Melinda @pepperandchips but he didn't know when it would happen.
Don't think I'll start another TR for that but I will probably do a dining report for those of you who spend time frequenting that board! For now let's do one more work trip update before I leave
👍

DAY 4 OCT. 26
DAY 4 PART 1. HOLY TOLEDO!

After our evening of piano bars (and pretzels for some) we were up early again for another full day of "work"! We needed to be at the Contemporary to meet our buses but we stopped in Roaring Fork first for breakfast. I opted for a plate of Mickey waffles but Cathy went with chicken and waffles

No idea what's in the container closest to the chicken and I just texted Cathy who can't remember either #gettingold

Once full we took my fave mode of Disney transport to the CR, the boat. Since there were about 25 of us agents staying at WL we weren't the only "matching shirts" onboard! However one agent was running late and while the skipper initially waited a few extra minutes for her at our request she did need to keep her schedule so we started pulling away. But then, what to our tired agent eyes did appear, but one more orange shirt agent running towards us and getting near! (I apologize for that folks). Seriously though we were like 1 minute away from the dock when Kim came barreling down towards the boat and we started yelling to her that we'd let our owner know she's on the next boat, when our wonderful skipper backed up for her! It was a nice little pixie dust moment and when we got off at the CR we grabbed a picture with her

And then one of the girls tweeted it wherever you tweet CM appreciations. Our skipper who I believe was Beckie explained that those tweets/emails/whatever get read during morning staff meetings, printed out and hung up for all to see :goodvibes

We got into our respective character groups and boarded buses to start a day of Disney resort tours! I wasn't too excited about this since I'd seen every resort at that point except two but they were both on the schedule so that was cool. Our first stop was one that would be new to my eyes, Gran Destino! Well half new to my eyes, Steve and I stayed at Coronado in August so we'd been in the lobby and out to 3 Bridges but not in the rooms or up to Toledo.

Bear with me, since it's still kind of "new" I have lots of pics! Each group had a guide and ours was super cool and knowledgeable. In the lobby he started off telling us how Gran Destino is an homage to the classic Disney movie "Destino" which to be honest, I'd never heard of but does play in the lobby:
"Drawing inspiration from the surrealist animated short, the tower is a whimsical, magnificent visual feast, diverse in its design and execution"
Lots of little touches in the lobby are tributes to the film including some of the artwork.
We then made our way up to the rooms by way of the elevators and once we got off at our floor, our guide started pointing out some "not so hidden" Mickey's.

RUG IN HALLWAY:

WALLPAPER IN HALLWAY:

COOL NOB IN THE ROOM:

The room we saw first was a suite and our guide pointed out the "new" TV feature Disney was rolling out:

Where it says "valued guest" your name shows up, cool! Ours showed up when we stayed in December and this feature was, at the time of this tour, also in the regular CR rooms. Our guide said he THOUGHT it would eventually be in all resorts.

Here's the sitting area:

I love the light on the desk! It's the little things........

Saw EE from the window!

Continued in next post, told you I had lots of pictures!

Let's continue our tour of Gran Destino shall we?

This was a water view room and I thought the view was pretty:

Little shelf area:

And then we were on to the top floor to see Toledo and the lounge, Dahlia. Another "hidden" Mickey in the ironwork above the elevators:

At first when the Toledo menu was released it didn't appeal to me but after seeing the restaurant I went back over the menu, and we do have it booked for July. I think it's absolutely breathtaking:

Wine anyone?

Even the ceiling, and if you're outside sitting at Three Bridges at night this is all lit up out there:

And you can see my love from there!

While touring I got this from my DIL:

This made my morning Mickey waffles seem like HOURS ago:

So lovely! And Dahlia Lounge next door was no less gorgeous but I have a little packing to do so you're going to have to wait until I get back :wave2: Have a great few days all!

My TA is a rule breaker!?! Hey, for that pretzel, I can't say I blame you!!
:laughing: she is! And I think it makes her more fun lol
No clue where it is, but is it from The Apple Dumpling Gang?
YES!!! So glad you got that! It's in the Big Thunder queue along with a couple other posters/signs relating to the movie :goodvibes
Okay, so no packing here either! I hate to admit this but we aren't even fully unpacked from Thanksgiving yet! smh.
I just started packing about an hour ago lol plus still cleaning and have to go to a meeting at Chris's school later :rolleyes:
Yeah, I've wanted to check out some of these! I think the China and Egypt ones look AMAZING!!! Just also $$$$
Right? I'm always surprised - and happy - when people book these! But you get what you pay for and the experiences are like none other.
It was so much fun! And delicious! Make sure to ask for extra pastries so you can try them all!
I keep hearing great things! And extra pastries are right up my alley 🥐

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter