All Work and No Play makes Smee Grumpy: an Oct.'19 "work" TR *New PTR link 4/8*

Was I happy to be here? that's another nope. Steve and I had dinner here in 2018 when we took my younger stepson to meet the girl he'd met online who lived in Orlando :rolleyes: and we HATED it. We thought it was some of the worst food we'd ever had. Good to know some things don't change!
When we went, we loved the interactions that we had but the food was nothing to talk about. But I have a feeling the your expierence before was a true show of how everything adds up to your expierence. Not liking the girlfriend really sored your expierence.

But i have to say, that is a weird choice to take all of you. Are they pushing 1900 Park Fare?

We saw Lady Tremaine and both Cindy and her prince stopped by but the stepsisters were not in attendance this evening. Instead as we exited Perla was waiting for us in the hallway! This was really the best part (only good part) of the meal for me as I'd never met her or Susie before:

I love this. And kind of like that better than meeting Cinerella.

We want to do a Rhine River Cruise soooooo bad!

Yess me too!!

All true and of course I agree. I thought it was out of place to require that even though I'm ok with it. But I got through! It's a different situation too since like I said usually the FAM's are all planned by the vendor but Disney is different and is all up to the owner to plan. At Universal we were pretty much free after 6 every night!

So weird. I guess I can see why you'd want to make things mandatory because you don't wanna plan things and no one comes lol but I like the sound of the Universal one better lol

That's the good and not best part of having family/friends come help: you need them and are thankful for them, but the sooner you can start getting back to "normal" the better.

Back to lil ol me, but not quite 100% yet. Good enough to jetset to Arizona tomorrow though and get a bit of sunshine. :)

🤣 no holding back anymore on the DIS!:)

Wait! Did you ever?! LOL!

Yeah, the food options you got were sucky looking. Gross! That chicken looked especially disgusting.

I'm gonna say you left before 10:00 but didn't get to Territory. Hmmm.... Tratoria? Or Abracadabar ?

Even sooner now!
Really! I wasn't aware of that.
Yup ::yes:: Lots of them! In the US, Europe.................
still not cheap lol
Nice of Disney.
They did do some nice things for us 😊
Oh well, it's not like it was a private party.
True. And I mean it's a big place and they didn't book too many people, I think just seeing 100 people (that matched no less) walking in ahead of them and seemingly spreading out, sitting everywhere, just kinda freaked them out!
Really! I'm surprised. I've heard nothing but good things about it. Huh!
The character interaction was really good! And even when we went last May and the food was horrible the characters were awesome. Just the food and I think most folks go in knowing the food isn't the highlight, so for someone that cares more about the food, it was a huge 👎
Is that Mr. "Can I eat your leftovers"??
😂 yes it is! We will never forget Terry :laughing:
Man, them snappers all around my feet.
Yay!!!! So happy someone got it!
It's a shame that you didn't enjoy most of your food that day. I was actually pleasantly surprised by our dinner at 1900 Park Fare back in 2015 - it was much better than I was anticipating. It's too bad you didn't find something more that you liked!
I'm going to think maybe it was better back then lol??? But let me say that I can be picky about food and kind of a snob when it comes to Disney food. Like I said up above if you go for the characters and know going in the food won't be incredible then I don't think you'll be disappointed!
Mandatory time at Jellyrolls is a bit strange. I've been to a few required work dinners or happy hours (where there is food and drink), but Jellyrolls is definitely more "bar" than a brief happy hour. At least you enjoyed your time!
Yes work dinners I get and definitely at places with bars! But where you can't eat and really the main purpose other than listening to the music is drinking IDK. I also know about team building :rolleyes: so totally get that part. Just felt for those that were uncomfortable :(
I hope you went back to get your soup!
All I can say is it's a goal of mine for our upcoming trip to GET-THAT-SOUP!!!
Andi and I had dinner at 1900 PF in 2017 and it was awful. The food was just bad and the place was a chaotic mess. No hurry to go back
That's how I felt when we did it last May! But I kind of had a feeling we'd be eating here simply due to the logistics of 100 people eating somewhere at the same time and the fact that the characters are usually great and since this was like a "learning" business trip, it would be good for those who had never been and/or aren't familiar with character dining. I also thought we'd for sure eat at Storybook Dining and Chef Mickey's and I was wrong on both counts unless that lunch was actually from Chef Mickey's 🤢
I hope you got your soup, I want to try that soup one of these days. I think we are going to try Territory Lounge this trip!
OMG you have to!! Make it your #! to do this month! Besides the amazing soup there's a great soft pretzel and dip dish that Andi might like and the whole atmosphere in there is so warm, cool, and relaxed :love:
Yay for being busy with work as a growing business is a good thing but boo to not enough time for the Dis!
:goodvibes I feel so lucky it's taken off as well as it has! I started almost 4 years ago and expected it to be a fun little part-part-time thing but it's like 110% full time now and like any job it has its headaches but I still love it and love being able to do it on my own time from my own home! And getting to go to Disney and Universal (so far) for work doesn't hurt lol
Awesome!! I am hoping for a mother/son trip in August as Jack is interested in Galaxy's Edge. Of course, being me I have the whole trip booked and planned while he is like "mom, I only said I might go....."
That sounds great! We just realized today that Ricky is off while we're away this month as it's regents week but all his are in June- I knew that fact but not when it was! So he says today "wait can I go with you?" I said YES but Steve said no lol. This still may be discussed because you know, mom feels guilty now!
I get super annoyed when I am told I "have" to do something. I would have totally sneaked out and headed back to Territory!
I kind of think it has to do partly with my not having worked outside the house in almost 18 years so I am not used to being told what to do! That's what Cathy told me; it's because I don't work and don't take orders from anyone. This trip totally did make me think that as an "old dog" I probably wouldn't be able to learn and deal with the "new tricks" of working for someone if I got a "real" job!
Hmmmm.......you left and got ice cream at Ample Hills!
That is an excellent idea and if it wasn't pouring I may have done that 🍨

Me and my pirate eye are all caught up. I'll pick back up with my usual snark once normal programming resumes
Aaayyee will be awaiting ye's response matey 🏴‍☠️pirate:
I am appalled by your disdain for the rules.
I know, I'm ashamed. I guess we can't be friends anymore.......

Wait - isn't that WHY we're friends???? :rockband:
When we went, we loved the interactions that we had but the food was nothing to talk about. But I have a feeling the your expierence before was a true show of how everything adds up to your expierence. Not liking the girlfriend really sored your expierence.
That could be although at the time the girl was........well, yeah she was already "eh" lol and I think the food was actually worse then. But great characters both times!
But i have to say, that is a weird choice to take all of you. Are they pushing 1900 Park Fare?
No but I do think she wanted the experience of character dining as some agents believe it or not have never done it! And it fit the requirements: not in a park (we did not have tickets unless we were AP's) a buffet which is easier than a la carte with that many people, they would take a reservation for 101 lol and it's known for decent character interaction. I was thinking we'd do Storybook dining but then realized we'd take up the whole restaurant!
So weird. I guess I can see why you'd want to make things mandatory because you don't wanna plan things and no one comes lol but I like the sound of the Universal one better lol
It's definitely nice to have more free time! Although I'd prefer free time in Disney :smickey: especially since the Uni parks closed at 7 while we were there. An I'm sure our owner prefers Uni because it's less for her to plan!
Good enough to jetset to Arizona tomorrow though and get a bit of sunshine. :)
Yay! Hope you're having a great time!!
Wait! Did you ever?! LOL!:rockband:
Um probably not in about 28 years or so :P
I'm gonna say you left before 10:00 but didn't get to Territory. Hmmm.... Tratoria? Or Abracadabar ?
Hmmm 🤔 ;)

True. And I mean it's a big place and they didn't book too many people, I think just seeing 100 people (that matched no less) walking in ahead of them and seemingly spreading out, sitting everywhere, just kinda freaked them out!
I'd be like "OMG! They'll eat all the food!"
The character interaction was really good! And even when we went last May and the food was horrible the characters were awesome. Just the food and I think most folks go in knowing the food isn't the highlight, so for someone that cares more about the food, it was a huge 👎
Not even the strawberry soup?
😂 yes it is! We will never forget Terry :laughing:
:laughing:
Yay!!!! So happy someone got it!
Oh, yes. First time I heard it was probably late 70's/early 80's. :)

See I try to do that cute thing with my leg/knee that people do in pictures that makes them just look - well - cute - but I just end up looking like I have gas or something. Lucky for Perla I did not! Cathy met her too and I guess Perla liked Cathy better because she tried copping a little feel:
I actually :rotfl: when I read this, but I think you look totally cute in that pose!

You see I'm getting cranky now; did I stay or did I go? And if I went where did I go, and was my stomach finally satisfied??? Tune in soon to find out!
I 100% would have gone to get food with you! And I'd have wanted dessert too because that cake did NOT look like it was cutting it :sad2:

How nice Mickey and Minnie Came to visit you! TO bad the food wasn't good at all this day, i would have eaten all the cake, i am that strange person who actually like fondant!

Was I happy to be here? that's another nope. Steve and I had dinner here in 2018 when we took my younger stepson to meet the girl he'd met online who lived in Orlando :rolleyes: and we HATED it. We thought it was some of the worst food we'd ever had. Good to know some things don't change!

Ok, I am kinda happy to hear this is bad, since we just canceled it for our Feb trip. haha! I mean if someone has to have a bad meal might as well make me feel better about my dining choices! Yup im selfish! just how it works! hahah

I just went to Jellyrolls for the first time in October, and loved it, but i would 100% not love it with 101 of my coworkers if we were all forced to go, first that's not cool to force people in the a bar scene its just not for everyone!

Oh, yes. First time I heard it was probably late 70's/early 80's. :)
So interestingly enough the first time I heard it was at Girl Scout Camp in the early '80's :P We did a "talent show" every week and one week we sung this and as an art project glued big BELLS on red velvet and would shake them after saying "my". I had NO idea what the heck I was singing back then as I was like 10? But when I actually heard it the RIGHT way I could not believe we sang it at camp lol
I 100% would have gone to get food with you! And I'd have wanted dessert too because that cake did NOT look like it was cutting it :sad2:
I know you would have and that's why I like you 😗 isn't is a shame that such beautiful cakes never tastes that beautiful?
i would have eaten all the cake, i am that strange person who actually like fondant!
You ARE weird lol!
I just went to Jellyrolls for the first time in October, and loved it, but i would 100% not love it with 101 of my coworkers if we were all forced to go, first that's not cool to force people in the a bar scene its just not for everyone!
I saw that in your current TR. I would love to go with a bunch of friends again because if you're relaxed and drinking it would definitely be fun!

So interestingly enough the first time I heard it was at Girl Scout Camp in the early '80's :P We did a "talent show" every week and one week we sung this and as an art project glued big BELLS on red velvet and would shake them after saying "my". I had NO idea what the heck I was singing back then as I was like 10? But when I actually heard it the RIGHT way I could not believe we sang it at camp lol
:lmao:
I can't think of anything more inappropriate for girl scouts to sing!

:rotfl:

Well it's about time, I've been getting in a few minutes of the DIS every other day or so and now really need a fix! Especially since we leave for Disney now in SEVEN days and I really cannot wait!!! I also made a few ADR's for our July trip (just a few!) but will probably end up dropping some. One I booked is Toledo and I actually just showed Ricky the menu and he gave it a big 👍 On arrival night I decided I didn't want to have to get off the plane and dress nice so we'll just take the boat from CR to WL :love: and eat dinner at WCC, also getting a 👍 from the boy. He and Chris have had breakfast and lunch here but only I've had dinner, last May on our EPIC trip with my friends Sarah and Billie @Elevationist

AND our awesome waiter from Jersey whose name I forgot lol

IMG_1567.JPG

For next week's trip I can't wait to return to Il Mulino with Mr. and Mrs. @pepperandchips AND try out the new character breakfast at Toppolino's with Mr. and Mrs. @Jenny Sanders !

But for now the burning question is - DID I leave Jelly Rolls early and if I did, WHERE did I go and WHAT did I eat???

Day 3 PART 3
CAN I GET AN AMEN???

Well time was going by and my soup window was closing; I had to be there by like 9:50 since they stopped serving at 10 and it was 9:25 so it was do or die, stay or go. It was pouring out so walking to a resort for transportation wasn't appealing but neither was QS upon a later return and I knew I wouldn't have anyone to sit at Geyser Point with me. I was pissed that the food was bad all day, tired, and I admit kind of angry that Cathy didn't want to leave and eat because she's usually a really great eating buddy and was eager to try the soup too - but hey, we're all entitled to change our mind! But my stomach doesn't feel sympathy or care what others do so it was relentless in it's persistence that I eat; therefore I made the executive decision to get out of dodge and feed my face. So the answer to DID I leave is
::yes::

The answer to WHERE did I go is

YAY! The walk over wasn't fun as I had nothing to cover my head so I got rained on but walking fast worked ok. When I got to the lounge it was nice and warm and inviting; TV's on, a few families still in there and the last groups of people with Yachtsman reservations waiting to be called. I did feel a little weird because I've never eaten in a lounge by myself before! It was awkward until I realized the servers probably didn't see it as awkward. I took a seat and ordered what I'll deem "rainy night comfort food"

'Everything' Pretzel
Beer Cheese, Yuzu-pickled Vegetables, House-made Mr. Tractor Kolsch Mustard

The sangria is the typical Disney Beso Del Sol which is fine but OMG do you see this pretzel?? I had it for the 1st time back in August when Steve and I came with the pepperandchips crew and @ArielSRL and her DH and this thing is seriously the pretzel to beat all pretzels. I did my best to finish it and got about 2/3 of the way done before I felt the need to either stop eating or vomit.
I was on the phone with Steve a good part of my time there but when I wasn't I did get more comfortable being on my own. Kudos to those of you who do it in Disney often! I actually thought to myself "are there seriously none of my DIS friends here I cant ext to come hang with me??" and while I knew @lvcourtneyy and I believe @kittylady1972 were around they were both with their SO's and I didn't want my pathetic self begging them for company.

Cathy was texting asking if I wanted to come back which I did not; I was now full, had frizzy rained on hair and was ready to call it a night around 10:20. So I walked over to the Yacht lobby where from NY Steve called me a Lyft because I don't have the app and my tech skills don't extend to downloading apps :rolleyes1 but it worked! Also first time I took a Lyft alone and while I like to think of myself as a real kung-fu type gal I did stay on the phone with Steve during the super quick ride back to the WL (and Cathy took a Lyft with another agent staying there). What did I do upon my return? Not the best picture but did you doubt I would?:littleangel:

And there you have it; the WHERE I went and WHAT I had. Also note I technically did not follow the "stay until 10pm" rule along with a few other agents and I do not regret my decision in the least, because I am convinced part of heaven is made of that pretzel :littleangel:

I know this update was short and sweet but no point in starting day 4 in an update with the end of day 3; that's just sloppy TR reporting! So instead I'll end with a few pictures from mine and Steve's short but sweet December trip!

Surprise in the WL lobby:

on a shirt in AK I REALLY need to buy one of these trips:

Theodore and Amos, from my most favorite Disney movie growing up!! Do you know what it is (without googling!) and where this poster is?

And Steve enjoying his manscrub at Basin in DS:

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND GUYS!

UP NEXT: HOLY TOLEDO!

I've been getting in a few minutes of the DIS every other day or so and now really need a fix!
You're a DIS junkie!!!
Especially since we leave for Disney now in SEVEN days and I really cannot wait!!!
One week!!! Sooooooon!!!!
CAN I GET AN AMEN???
Certainly.

<ahem>

amen

You're welcome.
I was pissed that the food was bad all day, tired, and I admit kind of angry
Oh dear. :hug:
I made the executive decision to get out of dodge and feed my face.
:laughing:
I did feel a little weird because I've never eaten in a lounge by myself before! It was awkward until I realized the servers probably didn't see it as awkward.
Oh?
I'm quite used to eating alone and actually quite enjoy it. I make sure I either have a book with me or my phone to watch a show. And if I have neither... I'm still happy.
'Everything' Pretzel
Holy crap!!! I need this in my life!!!
but OMG do you see this pretzel??
YES I DID!!!!!
I did my best to finish it and got about 2/3 of the way done before I felt the need to either stop eating or vomit.
:lmao:
from NY Steve called me a Lyft because I don't have the app and my tech skills don't extend to downloading apps :rolleyes1 but it worked!
From... NY...
What did I do upon my return? Not the best picture but did you doubt I would?:littleangel:

No... that's not... it... is it?
What exactly is that penguin grabbing?
I REALLY need to buy one of these trips:

Yes. Yes you do. ::yes::

First of all, I love that you’re a rule breaker.
Second, I love the man scrub. That is EXACTLY why Joe and Steve get along so well. Lol!
Finally, I absolutely am getting that hangry rhino tee and I LOVE the WL character pics. Who would have known the Mary Poppin’s penguin hangs out there.:confused3

OMG do you see this pretzel??
That pretzel looks amazing!!!!! I think Jock LIndsay's had something similar for the holidays.

So I walked over to the Yacht lobby where from NY Steve called me a Lyft because I don't have the app and my tech skills don't extend to downloading apps :rolleyes1
Ha! I have to admit, I haven't actually called my own Lyft either. I just haven't had a time where I needed to.

And there you have it; the WHERE I went and WHAT I had. Also note I technically did not follow the "stay until 10pm" rule along with a few other agents and I do not regret my decision in the least, because I am convinced part of heaven is made of that pretzel :littleangel:
Ugh, the you have to stay till 10 thing... what are you guys, 12?

on a shirt in AK I REALLY need to buy one of these trips:

I love this shirt!!!

One I booked is Toledo and I actually just showed Ricky the menu and he gave it a big 👍 On arrival night I decided I didn't want to have to get off the plane and dress nice so we'll just take the boat from CR to WL :love: and eat dinner at WCC, also getting a 👍 from the boy.
WCC is a perfect first night dinner! Refresh my memory, are you at the CR again this trip? I thought it wasn't your favourite?
YAY! The walk over wasn't fun as I had nothing to cover my head so I got rained on but walking fast worked ok. When I got to the lounge it was nice and warm and inviting; TV's on, a few families still in there and the last groups of people with Yachtsman reservations waiting to be called. I did feel a little weird because I've never eaten in a lounge by myself before! It was awkward until I realized the servers probably didn't see it as awkward. I took a seat and ordered what I'll deem "rainy night comfort food"
They see solo diners all the time.
That pretzel looks AMAZING!! Definitely putting it on my list. :)
I was on the phone with Steve a good part of my time there but when I wasn't I did get more comfortable being on my own. Kudos to those of you who do it in Disney often!
Disney really is a very easy place to do solo......no one even bats an eye.
What did I do upon my return? Not the best picture but did you doubt I would?:littleangel:
Perfect!
Surprise in the WL lobby:
The best ever!!!!!

You made a good choice to head over to Crew's Cup for something to eat. You never would have made it to WL in time for your favorite soup. :)

I would have been a little self-conscious about eating alone in a it down place like a lounge. I've done it at a counter service, though. I would have been nervous about riding Lyft alone, too. It was nice of Steve to keep you company. :) We haven't tried a ride share yet. We've just used the regular taxis.

I love seeing characters in the WL lobby. We stopped by there in December for lunch at GP and saw some characters in the lobby. :)

We are excited about our trip to POR tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be great. I hope you get lucky for your trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter