All Star Sports Resort

familydis

Earning My Ears
I just wanted to talk about the one night stay I had at the All Star Sports 2 weeks ago. This was the first disney resort I stayed at. To start off it was impressive to see the security guard/gate at the entrance to the resort. I thought this would be a great place. Upon checking in the lobby was nice, clean, not too fancy with the usual disney them decor. The staff appeared friendly. (ok here are the complaints, maybe I'm just to picky but I want you to know about this) After entering the room I noticed it to be small. The beds (this might sound funny)are really high. THe pillow's are hard and also high. I called housekeeping to get a softer pillow because my spouse has a neck problem. They said they will be right up. Well after falling asleep waiting for an hour they never came. In the morning we got up to take shower. Don't forget to bring your own soap, shampoo and hair dryer. They have this liquid shampoo body wash despencer on the shower wall that does not look to clean. No bar soap anywhere. Good thing we had our baby shampoo. Oh, one more thing the walls are very thin. We could hear the shower and toilet flush from the room above and next to us all night. Well thats about it. I heard the All STAR Music is better but I don't think I will be going back.

Not to be too harsh but these are Value resorts (read Disney Equivilent of Motel 6/Best Western, etc.) not Deluxe resorts.

My first stay was at All Star Music and we had the exact same things you did. I was not expecting Egyptian cotton towels, bath goodies from Crabtree & Evelyn or a blowdryer. For $49 a night, you get the basic stuff. A bed, a sink, a toilet, a shower. Hey you even get limited cable with your TV and access to a large food court, a couple themed pools and transportation. A GREAT deal for $49 a night. Even in high season, I've never seen these rooms go over $100 a night.

I did get a cheap vacation (room, food and personal goodies) for under $1k for a week. It was decent food, a fun time, great mousekeeping and efficient staff.

I then moved to a Moderate which I liked even better and now am hooking on the Deluxes! If you want to be pampered, go the the Grand Floridian. They will provide you with a hairdryer.

I just don't think it's fair to bag too hard on All Stars when you had inflated expectations of what you were getting (in my opinion). It was just for one night anyway. Believe me, I've had WAY worse in hotels and paid WAY more.

If you are going back, I would suggest you check out the Deluxe Resorts. They would be more to your liking.

First of all ....

Welcome to DIS!

I love the All Star resorts. I particularly like All Star Sports because I am a sports nut! I actually prefer it to All Star Music, but in all honesty I think all the All Stars are the same.

You bring up some very valid points about the resort. The rooms are quite small, the beds are high and the "turbo toilets" make a great wooshing noise at all hours of the day. If you think the beds are high at ASSp, you should see them at the Old Key West resort! Man, it's a long way down :). You should have found one bar of soap in the sink area and I agree with you that the liquid dispenser is really tacky :(. There is really no excuse for housekeeping ignoring your pillow request. If your wife has neck problems she might be more comfortable bringing her own pillow with her when she travels.

It's obvious that the All Stars are too "buget" for you. Next time (and I assume there will be a next time, otherwise you would not be here on the DIS) you might want to consider a moderate resort or staying off site.

BTW, was there anything that you liked about ASSp except for the security?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter