• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Star Resorts 1st trip w/5yr old

Tgrhop

Earning My Ears
I am going to stay at one of the All star resorts in Sept. I am leaning toward music and am most interested in best pool area and what bldg to stay in near the pool. Also..any news on the new popcentury resort ???

Hi, my son was 6 our first trip. We stayed at ASSports, in the Baseball building, right next to the smaller (not kiddie) pool. It has a Goofy fountain in the middle, and water depths are marked all around, very shallow as I remember. He/we loved it there! A long walk to the food court and busses from that area, but at the time we didn`t care. I`m sure all the AS have a similar set- up. By the way, we still love the ASSports, but request the preferred building, Surf`s Up, now, close to all the action! Have a great trip.

We have stayed at all three All Star Resorts and have liked all of them. At music the section nearest the main pool and kiddie pool is the Calypso, there is a smaller pool in another section whose name I don't remember. We stayed in the Calypso and loved it.

The sports section closest to the main pool and kiddie pool is Surfs Up. The smaller pool is in the baseball section which is where we stayed and our youngest son (age 7 then) thought that this was the greatest hotel due to the sports theming (he loved the football section as the kids were able to play ball there).

The movie section closest to the main pool and kiddie pool is Fantasia. The smaller pool is in the mighty duck section. We stayed in the dalmation section and our 5 year old niece loved this area and stated it was her favorite.

This being said the main pools are also closest to the food court and buses. It is just something to consider when you come back from the parks tired and maybe having a little one asleep in your arms or in a stroller.

You'll like any of the All Stars in my opinion as they are themed for the little ones. (And some of us not so little)!

Our last trip we stayed in sports building #2, Hoops. We found the location ideal as it was very close to Surf's Up pool and the food court, without paying the extra $10/night preffered building fee. We were also very close to a parking area, great for us since we had the car. Yet we were far enough from the pool and parking to have almost NO NOISE once in our room.

Also, we were in a 3rd floor room. At first I thought it would be terrible. But there are elevators at the center of each building, and we had no sound of others over our heads in th morning or when trying to get to sleep at night.

It was our 1st stay at any All Stars, but will definitely go back when on a smaller budget trip! FYI we checked in the Saturday after Thanksgiving (mostly missed the holiday crowd) and checked out the following Friday (missing the Pop Warner convention). Had a great code rate, had a great room, and a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter