All-Star Resort Refurb Schedule

We will be at Movies in early September, and just today, I received an email that construction will be going on while we are there. (But not between dusk and 9am). Maybe some rooms will be finished by then so we get a new room!

Ugh. More rehab chic.

Very glad I don't have to deal with this on my Feb trip.

Looks like I'm officially going to be a Mod girl from now on. At least until they go the way of the rehab clinic look too.

Last edited:
We're staying in sports in September so no chance of a new room for us.

How exciting! Once Pop is out of my price range, this will be my go-to (assuming the new resort-wide nap interruption policy is revamped).

We will be at Movies in early September, and just today, I received an email that construction will be going on while we are there. (But not between dusk and 9am). Maybe some rooms will be finished by then so we get a new room!
There will be MANY rooms finished by September-you should have a great shot at getting one.:)

I am looking forward to the new wall-mounted LARGE TVs more than anything!

After staying at CBR earlier this year and looking at the large TVs there and then staying at Movies after that,the TVs there looked like the size of Postage Stamps!lol:)

Very nice looking, and queen beds with a coffee maker.

As someone who would ONLY stay deluxe for many, many trips, I'm liking the values more and more (I like the dining options better, as we tend to grab a bite and go from time to time).

Are they seriously planning on having Movies completed by fall 2018? We are going this fall, trying to decide between Movies and Music and would like to avoid construction.

I’m happy for upgrades across all resort levels but it surely seems like the values are becoming more like what the moderates once were (price wise and with adding queen size beds and coffee makers); and the price points and features of the moderates are getting close to what the deluxes used to be :laughing:.

I’m happy for upgrades across all resort levels but it surely seems like the values are becoming more like what the moderates once were (price wise and with adding queen size beds and coffee makers); and the price points and features of the moderates are getting close to what the deluxes used to be :laughing:.
All going to plan according to Disney, most likely.

I’m happy for upgrades across all resort levels but it surely seems like the values are becoming more like what the moderates once were (price wise and with adding queen size beds and coffee makers)
Yes,Disney has been "plussing" the Values with these additions over the last few years:

Fridges
Full-size hair dryers
Pool Towels
Expanded "Room Delivery" Food Menu
Upgraded Toiletries

And now the refurbs are bringing Queen beds and Coffee Makers.

The All-Stars also now have 24/7 Arcade and Beverage Island access and Movies has a free Yoga Class on Friday Mornings.

There is also a RUMORED restaurant possibly coming that would be built in the Parking Lot between Music and Movies.

And POP/AoA will be 2 of the 4 resorts with Gondola access to DHS and Epcot.

The Values ain't what they used to be!:)

Wow Ok the values have queen beds now?
We are staying at movies for 2 nights in October hope for a new room. 1st all star, we tried POP years ago.

Are there queen beds in AOA mermaid rooms?
Thanks
Kerri

Wow Ok the values have queen beds now?
POP is getting them now and the All-Stars will get them during their upcoming refurb.

My "guess" is Mermaid will get them during their next refurb(not scheduled at this time).:)

Has anyone heard another source confirming that the refurb at Movies is to be completed this fall? That just seems SO quick.

Are they seriously planning on having Movies completed by fall 2018? We are going this fall, trying to decide between Movies and Music and would like to avoid construction.

Has anyone heard another source confirming that the refurb at Movies is to be completed this fall? That just seems SO quick.

With it's current pace Pop's refurb will end up taking 18 months. With Movies being 1/3 of the size of Pop 6 months makes sense.

We’re going to ASMovies in May- would love to get a newly refurbbed room- but May could be pushing that.....
Wonder which buildings they’ll do first....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!