All Star Music room refurbs

MichelinMan

I Am Speed - Ka-Chow!!!!
Anybody heard what sort of dates the All Star Music room refurbs might be starting? I believe they are moving onto Music after completing the refurbs at AS Movies. Reason I am asking, is that I am looking for a booking for July 2020 next year, and Music is a lot cheaper than Movies, and is comparable in price to what I am looking to pay at Holiday Inn Disney Springs.

If the Music rooms have been refurbed by then, I might be tempted to go there instead of the Holiday Inn. Although the rooms at the Holiday Inn look much bigger and better than AS, and the location right next to Disney Springs, and all the WDW perks thrown in as well, is still making me lean more to staying there. But at the end of the day, it isn't Disney.

I might be tempted at staying at AS Movies, but it is £300 more expensive (around $400) than Music.

Would be interested in people's views on pros and cons of staying in an AS resort compared to Holiday Inn Disney Springs.

Last I heard they were slated to begin once Movies was completed. Movies was supposed to be done by now but they have had some delays. When I was at Music several months ago I was told by the Manager that he didn't expect to see the work begin until Fall-2020 or even later than that.

Will probably be a while. Movies has 2 buildings in progress and 3 more that haven’t even been started yet.
ETA: I always prefer staying at a Disney owned property because I really appreciate the perks such as free magic band, charge to room, magical express from/to the airport, and the buses to the parks are far superior to the Disney Springs buses.
By the way, I just checked out of All Star Movies this morning and I absolutely loved it. I had booked a standard room and requested a refurbished room. Was upgraded to a refurbed room in building 4, 101 Dalmatians. The way Music is laid out, you have a very long walk to the standard rooms. Movies has a better lay out and the walk isn’t bad no matter where your room is. I definitely think Movies is worth the additional expense!
Once the Mighty Ducks section is finished, that would be my request for a standard room because you are super close to Music’s transportation and food court. It’s also not a bad walk to Movie’s main areas, so it gives you extra choices.

Last edited:
Anybody heard what sort of dates the All Star Music room refurbs might be starting? I believe they are moving onto Music after completing the refurbs at AS Movies. Reason I am asking, is that I am looking for a booking for July 2020 next year, and Music is a lot cheaper than Movies, and is comparable in price to what I am looking to pay at Holiday Inn Disney Springs.

If the Music rooms have been refurbed by then, I might be tempted to go there instead of the Holiday Inn. Although the rooms at the Holiday Inn look much bigger and better than AS, and the location right next to Disney Springs, and all the WDW perks thrown in as well, is still making me lean more to staying there. But at the end of the day, it isn't Disney.

I might be tempted at staying at AS Movies, but it is £300 more expensive (around $400) than Music.

Would be interested in people's views on pros and cons of staying in an AS resort compared to Holiday Inn Disney Springs.

All star music was pricing the same as staying off site with car rental and parking so swung an on-site stay for us.

Would love a refurbed room at Movies but is pricing £400 more for my trip (partly due to the fact only preferred is available and im in standard for Music). If a standard movies becomes available I’ll probably switch for £250 but no more then that

Does anyone have any news on the refurbs fro All Star Music. Surely Movies must be done by now.
I'll arrive on the 17th of October and I really am hoping for a refurbished room 8-)

They were starting work on Music when I was at Movies maybe three weeks ago now. I was in the Mighty Ducks section so I ate at Music a lot.

Does anyone have any news on the refurbs fro All Star Music. Surely Movies must be done by now.
I'll arrive on the 17th of October and I really am hoping for a refurbished room 8-)
They are finishing up the last building at Movies. From what I've read, they'e begun the first building at Music but there are no refurbed rooms available to stay in there right now.

If it's a lot cheaper Im guessing its because they know it won't be ready by that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter