All-Star Music/Movies Metal Tray Update

We have always thought the food at any of the values is good food. No complaints.
It’s a theme park resort. Not a 5 star steakhouse in NYC.
But all in all. The food is as good as you would get at any regular restaurant. The tray is a non issue. Certainly nothing to complain over. As for the prison or military comments. Ridiculous. First of, I spent 8 years in the Military. Never had any complaints there either. Heck. Even the MREs are pretty good. Lol
But seriously. Folks talking about the value food courts as being prison food? That says a lot about that person. It’s a ridiculous comment. Pretentious and insulting to the folks that can only afford a value. It’s a crappy attitude. Be thankful.... we all have the ability to vacation.
You read way too much into comments. It’s not about the quality of the food (eggs, bacon, waffles, burgers and fries are the same wherever you go on property). It’s about the way it is being served. It does need not appeal to me. You like it? I have no issue with you dining directly off of a tray. I don’t like it. Why do you have an issue with that?

You read way too much into comments. It’s not about the quality of the food (eggs, bacon, waffles, burgers and fries are the same wherever you go on property). It’s about the way it is being served. It does need not appeal to me. You like it? I have no issue with you dining directly off of a tray. I don’t like it. Why do you have an issue with that?
Because you dared to criticize thou that shall not be criticized. ;)

We have always thought the food at any of the values is good food. No complaints.
It’s a theme park resort. Not a 5 star steakhouse in NYC.
But all in all. The food is as good as you would get at any regular restaurant. The tray is a non issue. Certainly nothing to complain over. As for the prison or military comments. Ridiculous. First of, I spent 8 years in the Military. Never had any complaints there either. Heck. Even the MREs are pretty good. Lol
But seriously. Folks talking about the value food courts as being prison food? That says a lot about that person. It’s a ridiculous comment. Pretentious and insulting to the folks that can only afford a value. It’s a crappy attitude. Be thankful.... we all have the ability to vacation.
Yeah, I thought the same thing, and thanks for your service:)

Are you sure the post was directed at yours? I was guessing it was directed at Angietn post of "Granted, the food they put on them is about equal to prison food, based on the quality of what I've eaten in those food courts so seems fitting to me"

Nothing was read into too much. Some in here commented about prison food. Etc. I was commenting on that.

Are you sure the post was directed at yours? I was guessing it was directed at Angietn post of "Granted, the food they put on them is about equal to prison food, based on the quality of what I've eaten in those food courts so seems fitting to me"
This

Serve this in a fancy "homestyle cooking" restaurant and it would be "retro" and "cool". If the metal tray is washed between uses (unlike plastic trays which are lucky to see a wet cloth), then I would mentally look at it as a plate.
As long as the server is bringing it to me as a plate, and serving me, I’m on board.
I just can’t shlep 3 or 4 trays for my family on my own.

I think we’d agree that any surface can be made clean enough to eat off of. If I don’t trust Disney to thoroughly wash these trays (given their new purpose), then I probably won’t trust them to thoroughly wash their dishes either.

Having said that, we are indeed used to ‘trays’ getting a cursory wipe down with a dirty rag by the cleaner before simply stacking them back on the shelf. So, there is a legitimate psychological image to get over.

For those who cannot disassociate the tray as an eating surface, I am really going to mess up your day. May I present the growing trend of Toilet Themed Restaurants. It looks like we have at least one in Toronto. Sounds perfect for Mother’s Day this weekend. lol

DF7DD9A5-84AF-4A30-B0D8-78420C7EEF9D.jpeg
26FE89AC-6D4F-4A79-9A42-2C257AF26B88.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter