All-Star Music/Movies Metal Tray Update

As soon as someone touches the tray, it's dirty.
As soon as someone touches a plate, it's dirty. I'm not sure I understand the difference. Typically, in neither case would any kitchen worker be touching the eating surface; plus, ideally anyway, they'd be using frequently-changed gloves :confused3.

Again, though, anyone who doesn't like the serving surface has choices.

Knowledgable guests still have options: bring your own disposable plates and transfer immediately; don't order the meals that are served on metal trays.
I would also think if a Guest requests plates instead of Metal Trays for the Bounty Platter or Burger/Fries at the point of placing the order,the CMs would accommodate that request.

Wow. We sure have it made in this great Republic. Folks have complaints about having to eat off of a perfectly acceptable metal tray. Just silly imho. The trays are as clean as a plate. Maybe we should all be thankful for the food we can eat and not worry about the tray. It’s pretentious at a minimum of all the things people now complain about.

Last edited:
Wow. We sure have it made in this great Republic. Folks have complaints about having to eat off of a perfectly acceptable metal tray. Just silly imho. The trays are as clean as a plate. Maybe we should all be thankful for the food we can eat and not worry about the tray. It’s pretentious at a minimum of all the things people now complain about.
:rotfl:I'm on vacation at a luxury destination, not in prison or the military.

When I go to McDonald's, it comes on a plastic tray with a mere sheet of paper as a sanitary barrier.

I'll acknowledge the burger comes wrapped in it's own wax paper, but fries will invariably spill onto the tray. And even with the burger, do people transfer it from the wax paper to something other than the tray paper?

So, is it the metal that is weirding people out? Or would a plastic tray be equally nasty?

Like... isn't this just as wacky unacceptable?

McD.png

Last edited:

When I go to McDonald's, it comes on a plastic tray with a mere sheet of paper as a sanitary barrier.

I'll acknowledge the burger comes wrapped in it's own wax paper, but fries will invariably spill onto the tray. And even with the burger, do people transfer it from the wax paper to something other than the tray paper?

So, is it the metal that is weirding people out? Or would a plastic tray be equally nasty?

View attachment 399550

You made sense!!! Your post will be ignored. ;)

:rotfl:I'm on vacation at a luxury destination, not in prison or the military.

They are actually quite trendy in restaurants right now. The industrial look many people like. I also wouldn't consider All Star luxury. We stay there and like it but not luxury.

View attachment 399550
I find that equally disgusting, but at least McDonald’s isn’t plopping eggs and waffles in a heap on their trays with just paper between the food and the tray.

Intermission and World Premiere are currently ONLY using them for Bounty Platters at Breakfast and for Burger/Fries the rest of the day.

47684380812_227fbea73c_h.jpg
So they no longer provide plates ??? So odd...

It depends on your POV. Personally, I’m very put off by them and refuse to eat from what looks like a prison dining room tray.
Granted, the food they put on them is about equal to prison food, based on the quality of what I've eaten in those food courts so seems fitting to me

My friends said the big issue was that when their children poured syrup over their waffles and then cut it the paper started falling apart and getting into the food. I will say that metal trays are much better than plastic trays in regards to cleaning them. The problem I will have is that if I am by myself and I get 4-5 trays of food, how am I going to carry it. With plates I just grabbed some lids and stacked them.
Looks like I will just say it's to go:)

The problem I will have is that if I am by myself and I get 4-5 trays of food, how am I going to carry it. With plates I just grabbed some lids and stacked them.
Looks like I will just say it's to go:)
Yes. This is the biggest problem with them at a cafeteria style foodcourt where one or two people are getting food for their family.

We have always thought the food at any of the values is good food. No complaints.
It’s a theme park resort. Not a 5 star steakhouse in NYC.
But all in all. The food is as good as you would get at any regular restaurant. The tray is a non issue. Certainly nothing to complain over. As for the prison or military comments. Ridiculous. First of, I spent 8 years in the Military. Never had any complaints there either. Heck. Even the MREs are pretty good. Lol
But seriously. Folks talking about the value food courts as being prison food? That says a lot about that person. It’s a ridiculous comment. Pretentious and insulting to the folks that can only afford a value. It’s a crappy attitude. Be thankful.... we all have the ability to vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter