All-Star Music/Movies Metal Tray Update

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
Intermission and World Premiere are currently ONLY using them for Bounty Platters at Breakfast and for Burger/Fries the rest of the day.

47684380812_227fbea73c_h.jpg

I think since they are now "limiting" the usage to Bounty Platters and Burger/Fries instead of the more broad usage,most Guests won't care.
I don’t mind the tray for burgers/sandwiches/ribs and fries, but I prefer to have my eggs on a plate.

Yes, even just for Bounty Platters and Burgers/Fries. There’s nothing appealing about the way that looks and the though of only a thin, grease-soaked paper separating my food from that tray turns my stomach. To each, their own.
Good points.

I don’t mind the tray for burgers/sandwiches/ribs and fries, but I prefer to have my eggs on a plate.
I have to agree with you that there is a difference with the eggs.

It doesn't bother me,but I can see why it would for some Guests.

Yes, even just for Bounty Platters and Burgers/Fries. There’s nothing appealing about the way that looks and the though of only a thin, grease-soaked paper separating my food from that tray turns my stomach. To each, their own.
You do realize they sterilize the trays between uses, right?
Like... proper solid reusable plates?
Or messy sloppy greasy cardboard plates?
Breakable solid reusable when they're not broken plates - yes :D

You do realize they sterilize the trays between uses, right?

Breakable solid reusable when they're not broken plates - yes :D
I understand that they clean those trays. I doubt that they autoclave them to sterilize them. But there’s biologically clean and then there’s chemically clean. A sterilized surgical instrument can still be contaminated if not cleaned properly and the same goes for those trays.

Knowledgable guests still have options: bring your own disposable plates and transfer immediately; don't order the meals that are served on metal trays.

I am sure Disney dishwashers meet, if not exceed, the necessary temperatures: "Hot water is the most common method used in restaurants. If hot water is used in the third compartment of a three-compartment sink, it must be at least 171oF (77oC). If a high-temperature warewashing machine is used to sanitize cleaned dishes, the final sanitizing rinse must be at least 180oF (82oC)." (from www.foodsafetysite.com - .pdf format)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!