All Star Movies Renovations

Hi everyone,
I was thinking to get grocery delivery for breakfast items and drinking water. But for single person like me, it's probably cheaper to bring something in my suitcase. That leaves me with drinking water.

Does housekeeping provide complimentary water every day or do I need to buy them?
I read that water may be available from gift shop. Do they always have it in stock?
I'm not strong enough to carry a case of 24 bottles. Do they have, say, 6-bottle pack?
I'm not from USA. Is the tap water safe for drinking without boiling it first? I read horror stories about in-room water kettle. Not sure I want to use that thing ever again.

No complementary bottled water.

Bottled water will always be available for sale at the gift shop but it’s expensive. You can also bring a large water bottle and refill it at the dining hall next to the gift shop for free. Tap water at Disney World is very safe. Some people think it tastes unusual but it is not going to make you sick no matter how much you drink.

Hi everyone,
I was thinking to get grocery delivery for breakfast items and drinking water. But for single person like me, it's probably cheaper to bring something in my suitcase. That leaves me with drinking water.

Does housekeeping provide complimentary water every day or do I need to buy them?
I read that water may be available from gift shop. Do they always have it in stock?
I'm not strong enough to carry a case of 24 bottles. Do they have, say, 6-bottle pack?
I'm not from USA. Is the tap water safe for drinking without boiling it first? I read horror stories about in-room water kettle. Not sure I want to use that thing ever again.
Water is safe to drink, but Florida water does not taste good to me it has a sulfur taste. If you can take some Crystal light flavor packs and drop in a water bottle it cobra the taste so you won’t taste it any more.

Is the tap water safe for drinking without boiling it first? I read horror stories about in-room water kettle. Not sure I want to use that thing ever again.

As mushuhill said, tap water is 100% safe, but tastes terrible. I bought a brita water bottle on the recommendation of other DISers. Have not used it yet. You can also request free cups of ice water at any quick service restaurant, including the resort food court. That water tasted great.

ETA: I recommend reading the main All Star Movies thread for great tips and answers to any questions you might have.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I would maybe look into ordering a prime pantry box.

I'm checking in on September 2, booked a standard room, requested the Love Bug area. What do y'all think are my odds of getting a renovated room? I'm trying not to take it for granted but this thread is making me think it's incredibly likely.

I'm checking in on September 2, booked a standard room, requested the Love Bug area. What do y'all think are my odds of getting a renovated room? I'm trying not to take it for granted but this thread is making me think it's incredibly likely.
I think you should have a good chance. If you don’t get one, you can always go to the front desk and ask politely to be moved.

The standard rooms are all done, so I think you're almost guaranteed a renovated room. It seems highly unlikely that they'd upgrade you to an unrefurbished preferred room.

Hi everyone,
I booked a standard room and requested the Mighty Ducks area. I'm checking in on septiember 17.
Do you know if all the rooms will be renovated?

So according to the first post there’s only the dalmatians and Fantasia buildings left to be finished ? :) hoping they’re done before November 11th! I’m staying preferred so hoping for renovated!

So according to the first post there’s only the dalmatians and Fantasia buildings left to be finished ? :) hoping they’re done before November 11th! I’m staying preferred so hoping for renovated!
Yes, just two buildings left to be renovated. You should have good odds at getting a new room. Maybe wait until your trip is closer but you could call and add “renovated room” to your reservation

Anyone who recently stayed at ASM have an update on the last Dalmation reno? Checking in 9/24 into a preferred room with a Toy Story or Dalmation room request. Hoping to get a refurbished room. I was there with my daughter Oct. 2018 and stayed in the newly reno Toy Story building and it was wonderful. Taking my husband (he is not a Disney lover like myself 😔...not sure how we are still married...lol) this time and want to make sure everything is is as perfect as it can be. Thank you to everyone in this thread that has kept the rest of us up to date!

Stopped by today and it didn’t look like they were doing any work to Dalmatians 1 building. For months I had been trying to get a discounted room there for Friday and Saturday night this weekend and wasn’t able to until today so I’m not sure if all those rooms are done or if the hurricane is making ppl cancel rooms....or both. The bottom floor rooms were Done from what I could tell.

Fantasia building was completely blocked off. Assuming Dalmatians is all done, it’s safe to say no one should be getting an old room! 🙂

Stopped by today and it didn’t look like they were doing any work to Dalmatians 1 building. For months I had been trying to get a discounted room there for Friday and Saturday night this weekend and wasn’t able to until today so I’m not sure if all those rooms are done or if the hurricane is making ppl cancel rooms....or both. The bottom floor rooms were Done from what I could tell.

Fantasia building was completely blocked off. Assuming Dalmatians is all done, it’s safe to say no one should be getting an old room! 🙂
Did you see any gates blocking walkways near the Dalmatians building or signs in the windows?

As mushuhill said, tap water is 100% safe, but tastes terrible. I bought a brita water bottle on the recommendation of other DISers. Have not used it yet. You can also request free cups of ice water at any quick service restaurant, including the resort food court. That water tasted great.

ETA: I recommend reading the main All Star Movies thread for great tips and answers to any questions you might have.

My DH and I use brita water bottles every trip. They do a fantastic job of removing the sulfuric taste of Florida water!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter