All Star Movies Renovations

All sounds great. I am anxious to see if all will be complete by August (maybe even July 4 as Nohal predicts :) ) Seems that standard rooms are going fast, but one never knows what will change between now and then. I genuinely appreciate how helpful these forums are to all of us. Thank you.

From the posts, sounds like everything should be complete by December. Planning a trip over Christmas. =)

We just got home from 4 nights in Mighty Ducks building 2, which is in progress as reported. Thinking of the building as a T shape, the top of the T was all closed and under construction and we were in the open section in the base of the T, so essentially the middle back that juts toward the parking lot. The other building looked to be in progress similarly. I’ll be honest, it was a very disappointing stay. I had requested a refurbed room prior to arrival and called once we received our room assignment to see if they could move us, but they didn’t have anything available for us. It genuinely felt like we were in the middle of a construction zone. Almost every walkway except the main path by the pool was closed, one of our elevators was fitted with protective wall and floor covering for the workers to use, and it was dusty and smelled disgusting, and our room definitely had not been maintained well. We found a gummy bear and plastic price tags from previous tenants on the floor, and the bathroom light flickered every time you switched it on like something from a horror film. We also felt like we were in no man’s land because there were so few other guests around us due to only 1/3 of the building being usable space. I say all that just as a word of warning that if you have a standard room booked in the next few weeks, know that your stay has the potential to be less than magical. We didn’t let it ruin our trip, but if you think it could ruin yours, I’d suggest some changes in accommodation either by switching to preferred or swapping resorts. I had booked standard back in January under the assumption renovations would have been completed by now, but obviously that was all dashed by the long hiatus before they started working again. I very much had the feeling of “disappointed dad” about our stay. I wasn’t mad, but I was definitely disappointed. It was definitely the most isolated and almost forgotten I have ever felt at a Disney resort.

We just got home from 4 nights in Mighty Ducks building 2, which is in progress as reported. Thinking of the building as a T shape, the top of the T was all closed and under construction and we were in the open section in the base of the T, so essentially the middle back that juts toward the parking lot. The other building looked to be in progress similarly. I’ll be honest, it was a very disappointing stay. I had requested a refurbed room prior to arrival and called once we received our room assignment to see if they could move us, but they didn’t have anything available for us. It genuinely felt like we were in the middle of a construction zone. Almost every walkway except the main path by the pool was closed, one of our elevators was fitted with protective wall and floor covering for the workers to use, and it was dusty and smelled disgusting, and our room definitely had not been maintained well. We found a gummy bear and plastic price tags from previous tenants on the floor, and the bathroom light flickered every time you switched it on like something from a horror film. We also felt like we were in no man’s land because there were so few other guests around us due to only 1/3 of the building being usable space. I say all that just as a word of warning that if you have a standard room booked in the next few weeks, know that your stay has the potential to be less than magical. We didn’t let it ruin our trip, but if you think it could ruin yours, I’d suggest some changes in accommodation either by switching to preferred or swapping resorts. I had booked standard back in January under the assumption renovations would have been completed by now, but obviously that was all dashed by the long hiatus before they started working again. I very much had the feeling of “disappointed dad” about our stay. I wasn’t mad, but I was definitely disappointed. It was definitely the most isolated and almost forgotten I have ever felt at a Disney resort.
Wow I’m sorry your experience wasn’t great. I wish they would’ve done it more like pop where they closed the entire building off, that way no one was in the construction zone while sleeping if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Wow I’m sorry your experience wasn’t great. I wish they would’ve done it more like pop where they closed the entire building off, that way no one was in the construction zone while sleeping if you know what I mean.
Actually a friend and I stayed at POP for 2018's Star Wars RunDisney weekend and we were in the 50s unit and they were doing construction on half of it.... the elevators all had the protective coverings (and was out of service when I was coming back from running the 10K with a tray from the foodcourt in my hand to boot (we were on the third floor) also the room was an unremodled one and when we went to put on the information channel for some white noise while we slept our remote wouldn't change channels and so we were stuck staying up for almost an extra hour (not good when you have to be up at 2AM) having to watch Puppy Dog Pals as the TV was stuck on Disney Junior
No compensation was given

Actually a friend and I stayed at POP for 2018's Star Wars RunDisney weekend and we were in the 50s unit and they were doing construction on half of it.... the elevators all had the protective coverings (and was out of service when I was coming back from running the 10K with a tray from the foodcourt in my hand to boot (we were on the third floor) also the room was an unremodled one and when we went to put on the information channel for some white noise while we slept our remote wouldn't change channels and so we were stuck staying up for almost an extra hour (not good when you have to be up at 2AM) having to watch Puppy Dog Pals as the TV was stuck on Disney Junior
No compensation was given
Oh geez that sounds bad. I thought they had done a pretty good job closing off whole buildings but I guess not. We were there last February/March.

This makes me nervous. We leave 2 weeks from today for my niece's first trip. I've requested the Love Bug section. Fingers crossed that we will get it.

What are the chances that refurbishments will be complete by October 16. Booked preferred and I didn’t realize there were two preferred buildings not refurbished 😦

What are the chances that refurbishments will be complete by October 16. Booked preferred and I didn’t realize there were two preferred buildings not refurbished 😦
I’m not really sure at this point. I want to say no, I don’t think they’ll be done by October. They seem to be taking much longer than they thought. If you’re worried, just call and say you would like a refurbished room please (if you haven’t called already). If you get there and didn’t get one just ask the front desk nicely if you can switch. That’s about all you can do

Anyone have any recent reports? I feel like I haven’t heard anything for awhile.

I’m not really sure at this point. I want to say no, I don’t think they’ll be done by October. They seem to be taking much longer than they thought. If you’re worried, just call and say you would like a refurbished room please (if you haven’t called already). If you get there and didn’t get one just ask the front desk nicely if you can switch. That’s about all you can do

Anyone have any recent reports? I feel like I haven’t heard anything for awhile.
😱 building 2&3 currently being worked on and you don’t think buildings 1&5 will be done by October?! 😐 They started Building 3 construction end of April (should be done soon around end of June early July) -> then they’ll move onto 1 or 5 and Building 2 end of May (should be done by end July early August) -> then they’ll move onto 1 or 5.
Do you honestly think it’s gonna last all the way into late October?

😱 building 2&3 currently being worked on and you don’t think buildings 1&5 will be done by October?! 😐 They started Building 3 construction end of April (should be done soon around end of June early July) -> then they’ll move onto 1 or 5 and Building 2 end of May (should be done by end July early August) -> then they’ll move onto 1 or 5.
Do you honestly think it’s gonna last all the way into late October?
I honestly don’t know at this point. I was just giving my guess. I haven’t really been paying attention as much lately. We’ve had a lot of things going on in my house

I honestly don’t know at this point. I was just giving my guess. I haven’t really been paying attention as much lately. We’ve had a lot of things going on in my house
Gotcha ! I think my parents will kill me if the refurbs aren’t done. I told them to book ASMo instead of POP because the refurbs would be done in time for our trip 😱

Gotcha ! I think my parents will kill me if the refurbs aren’t done. I told them to book ASMo instead of POP because the refurbs would be done in time for our trip 😱
Hopefully they have everything done for your trip! I was thinking about the first Fantasia and how it took so long. I wonder if the second one will be the same or if that was just a fluke

Trying to see which resort should be next, Sports or Music, is that listed somewhere? This thread is at 50 pages and I wasn't able to find it. I have friends going next April and wondering which resort.

Trying to see which resort should be next, Sports or Music, is that listed somewhere? This thread is at 50 pages and I wasn't able to find it. I have friends going next April and wondering which resort.
Music should be next, though in the original proposal, they would have been well underway by now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter