All Star Movies Renovations

Has anybody had eyes on the resort in the last week or so? I know there's a dalmatian building and a mighty ducks building in progress, but I just wondered how close to complete they might be, specifically the mighty ducks building. We are 2 weeks out booked in a standard, and I'd prefer mighty ducks for location, but absolutely would prefer a renovated room above all else. Just wondering if I should switch my request to love bug. :confused3
Honestly I would switch to love bug if I were you. One mighty ducks building is still being worked on (as far as we know) and the other not even started. It really depends what matters to you more though: location or renovated room

I was there last week. Preferred room--requested Toy Story. Got Dalmatians building 1 (un-renovated). They were working on Building 4 Dalmatians, but I don't know how far along they were. We didn't wander to the Mighty Ducks area so no intel there.

If you don’t want to take a gamble just go to pop. On average it’s 10-20 more bucks a night but the whole place had been renovated. Theming is just as good if not better, and will soon have gondolas. I’m here now and actually got a cheaper rate for a preferred room than a standard room at movies. It doesn’t always work that way but it was a definite eye opener.

I mean I'm okay with whatever we get. We're on an AP rate and our balance is paid off, so I'm not looking to switch, just wondered if I should swap our room request. Looks like I should go with Love Bug and if we want to go to the quiet pool, we'll just walk a little further.

Just checked out this morning and had a fantastic stay. As far as the refurb goes, there is still no activity on buildings 1,2 or 5. Buildings 3 and 4 are still in progress, but part of building 4 is open, because that’s where my room was! My only request was for a refurbished room and I was upgraded from standard to preferred and was in room 4920. This is the very first room from the elevator in the wing that is closest to Mighty Ducks. This whole wing was open, but didn’t seem to be a lot of people staying in it.
The other 2 wings are still in progress, so I sort of felt like I was in a construction zone. Lots of workers in reflective vests and hard hats walking around. Didn’t bother me too much and rarely heard any noise. The wing closest to check in desk and the food court looks about ready to open. The plastic and work lists were removed from the windows Wednesday evening and I saw workers with housekeeping carts at some of the rooms yesterday. The other wing is still very much in progress.
I absolutely loved this resort and would stay again in a heartbeat.
Checked in to the Dolphin today and got upgraded to an Epcot view. I’m loving this trip despite the heat!

Just checked out this morning and had a fantastic stay. As far as the refurb goes, there is still no activity on buildings 1,2 or 5. Buildings 3 and 4 are still in progress, but part of building 4 is open, because that’s where my room was! My only request was for a refurbished room and I was upgraded from standard to preferred and was in room 4920. This is the very first room from the elevator in the wing that is closest to Mighty Ducks. This whole wing was open, but didn’t seem to be a lot of people staying in it.

Did you request at the front desk? or before your stay please?

Im staying there for 14 nights in November and im wondering if I should ring before and request a refurbished room, im staying preferred but I wouldnt mind if i was further out as long as its a refurbished room haha

Im staying there for 14 nights in November and im wondering if I should ring before and request a refurbished room, im staying preferred but I wouldnt mind if i was further out as long as its a refurbished room haha
Call before and just ask them to add refurbished room to the reservation. If you don’t get one, go to the front desk and ask nicely if they have any available

The other 2 wings are still in progress, so I sort of felt like I was in a construction zone. Lots of workers in reflective vests and hard hats walking around. Didn’t bother me too much and rarely heard any noise. The wing closest to check in desk and the food court looks about ready to open. The plastic and work lists were removed from the windows Wednesday evening and I saw workers with housekeeping carts at some of the rooms yesterday. The other wing is still very much in progress.
I absolutely loved this resort and would stay again in a heartbeat.
Checked in to the Dolphin today and got upgraded to an Epcot view. I’m loving this trip despite the heat!
Awesome! I’m glad you’re having such a great trip

I called and had them add the request to my reservation.

Update - I was told Dalmations was part way open but walking by they were working on the back of the building. Both mighty ducks are being worked on at the same time. The doors were off the rooms in building 2 and they were removing the soft goods as of yesterday.

Update - I was told Dalmations was part way open but walking by they were working on the back of the building. Both mighty ducks are being worked on at the same time. The doors were off the rooms in building 2 and they were removing the soft goods as of yesterday.
Awesome thank you! No one had reported both duck buildings being worked on so I’ll change post 1.

Thanks for the update!

It now looks like dalmations 4 is complete, all the barriers in the back of the building are gone. They are making good progress since they started up again. My guess would be the whole resort would be finished by July 4th. Let’s see how on the mark I am.

That is great news! Fingers crossed. We were really hoping for a refurbished room for our trip this fall. We booked standard.

It now looks like dalmations 4 is complete, all the barriers in the back of the building are gone. They are making good progress since they started up again. My guess would be the whole resort would be finished by July 4th. Let’s see how on the mark I am.
Awesome thank you! I’ll update post 1.

Going back in December after staying here a couple of weeks ago. We stayed in the toy story section. Looks like I may change my room to a standard room and save the 30 bucks a night of ducks will be done as well as love bug!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!