All Star Movies Renovations

My wife and I stayed at Movies last month in one of the Mighty Ducks rooms. That was by far the most disappointed I have ever been in a resort stay at Disney. The carpet was worn and the room smelled like feet.

On a side note, while waiting for a bus at Movies, we spoke to other guests who had been waiting for over an hour for a bus to Typhoon Lagoon. They were livid.

Thanks for posting. So they look like they’re skipping the second Dalmatian building?

I wonder if they'll do it last. If you look at a map of the resort, building 3 is right next to building 4, so it kind of makes sense that they moved there first. Then I would expect them to do building 2, followed by building 1 (the other Dalmations building). Hopefully they'll go back and do the other fantasia building at that point (assuming they didn't magically do it while we were sleeping).

I wonder if they'll do it last. If you look at a map of the resort, building 3 is right next to building 4, so it kind of makes sense that they moved there first. Then I would expect them to do building 2, followed by building 1 (the other Dalmations building). Hopefully they'll go back and do the other fantasia building at that point (assuming they didn't magically do it while we were sleeping).
I think they’ll do Fantasia last and then move over to music after that.

Finally they started renovating again! Too late for us, though. Will go to Movies next year. I've never been there, actually. Only been to Sports and Music. Hope that it will be all done in a year's time.

Finally they started renovating again! Too late for us, though. Will go to Movies next year. I've never been there, actually. Only been to Sports and Music. Hope that it will be all done in a year's time.
I think they’re moving at a good pace right now. We’ll see how long it takes for this current building to finish. That might be a good indicator

Any speculation if all rooms will be completed with the refurbishment by end of July?
Headed down in August for a quick weekend and definitely want a refurbed room. thanks.

Any speculation if all rooms will be completed with the refurbishment by end of July?
Headed down in August for a quick weekend and definitely want a refurbed room. thanks.

I highly doubt it will be completed by then. The majority will be done, but not all.

I just got back from three days there and it looked like they were still doing some work on building 4 and starting building 3. We stayed in building 6 (Love Bug) in a refurbished standard room and it was great! The Murphy bed was really comfortable. Everything is nice and clean and the theming is really cute.

Booked at POFQ because the refurbishments aren’t complete at ASMovies. Was hoping they’d be done by late September. We could save close to 1k by switching to Movies.

Booked at POFQ because the refurbishments aren’t complete at ASMovies. Was hoping they’d be done by late September. We could save close to 1k by switching to Movies.
If you booked a preferred room at movies you would have a pretty good chance at a new room. 4/6 preferred buildings are done and one is being refurbished right now so only one building hasn’t been refurbished.

Actually now that I think about it, standard would be about the same odds. 2/4 buildings are finished and one is being worked on so only one building is finished.

If you booked a preferred room at movies you would have a pretty good chance at a new room. 4/6 preferred buildings are done and one is being refurbished right now so only one building hasn’t been refurbished.

Actually now that I think about it, standard would be about the same odds. 2/4 buildings are finished and one is being worked on so only one building is finished.
According to the first page 3/6 Preferred are done Building 10,9,8 (they skipped over preferred 5) and currently working on 4. Which leaves two preferred buildings non refurbished as of now (5 and 1). Someone has to be placed in a non refurbished room and it’s not worth chancing for us :/

According to the first page 3/6 Preferred are done Building 10,9,8 (they skipped over preferred 5) and currently working on 4. Which leaves two preferred buildings non refurbished as of now (5 and 1). Someone has to be placed in a non refurbished room and it’s not worth chancing for us :/
Duh wow. Didn’t even remember my own post. You’re right-only 3/6 preferred are done and one being worked on.

Were staying at Music in November - any idea on when construction will begin on the Music resorts?

Duh wow. Didn’t even remember my own post. You’re right-only 3/6 preferred are done and one being worked on.
So does this mean that if someone books a standard room at AS Movies for say the end of September, you now have a BETTER chance of getting a renovated room than a preferred booking?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter