All Star Movies Renovations

As of right now all renovations have been paused. I haven’t heard anything about when they’ll start up again

My guess is they want to have as much inventory available as possible through Christmas week, so they didn't want to start something they couldn't finish by then. I would be very surprised if construction doesn't resume in January. If it doesn't, then I would say it's an issue with construction supplies. No hotel wants the headache of having the resort half renovated, and the requests and complaints that arise from that.

My guess is they want to have as much inventory available as possible through Christmas week, so they didn't want to start something they couldn't finish by then. I would be very surprised if construction doesn't resume in January. If it doesn't, then I would say it's an issue with construction supplies. No hotel wants the headache of having the resort half renovated, and the requests and complaints that arise from that.
It could be that or it could be that they scheduled way too many projects at the same time and don’t have the funds for it right now. Or it could be a combination of them both

I get the holidays, but last year we were at POP over Christmas and construction was in full swing. February has a huge cheerleading group. I'll keep an eye on the first post. I was hoping to get a new Dalmatians room. Guess I'll need to request refurb, basically buildings 8, 9, or 10.

I get the holidays, but last year we were at POP over Christmas and construction was in full swing. February has a huge cheerleading group. I'll keep an eye on the first post. I was hoping to get a new Dalmatians room. Guess I'll need to request refurb, basically buildings 8, 9, or 10.
You could just put toy story and see if they give you that

That is why I'm skeptical of the Christmas thing. But really I know nothing. No one seems to really know anything. We're all just speculating. I really hope they start working on the refurb again soon.

What do you think it is?
It could be cost saving measure which doesn’t mean they don’t have funds but they just don’t want to pay for it right now. They do that in the parks all the time. Otherwise I’m not really sure. I don’t recall a time when they started a room refurb like this and then just stopped. It could also be something with the contractor and not on Disney’s end but then that could be costly for the contractor.

It could be cost saving measure which doesn’t mean they don’t have funds but they just don’t want to pay for it right now. They do that in the parks all the time. Otherwise I’m not really sure. I don’t recall a time when they started a room refurb like this and then just stopped. It could also be something with the contractor and not on Disney’s end but then that could be costly for the contractor.

They have also stopped the room refurbishment at POR, after starting it,until after the holidays. I think they didn't want to have so many rooms out of inventory over the holidays. But just a guess.

They have also stopped the room refurbishment at POR, after starting it,until after the holidays. I think they didn't want to have so many rooms out of inventory over the holidays. But just a guess.
That’s possible but they didn’t do this last year with the pop refurb. They also have OKW rooms out for refurb too.

I have a reservation at the end of January, and after booking I received and email saying that the resort would be under refurb. I think that maybe they planned to stop until after the holidays because the refurb should have been done by the time of my reservation.

I have a reservation at the end of January, and after booking I received and email saying that the resort would be under refurb. I think that maybe they planned to stop until after the holidays because the refurb should have been done by the time of my reservation.

Same - I switched from pop to movies because everywhere projected the renovations to be complete by early February . Now I'm nervous because we went when pop was half done last year and got a non refurbished room

Just verifying - all of love bug is done? I booked standard, and naturally this close there's nothing else left at the end of January

Same - I switched from pop to movies because everywhere projected the renovations to be complete by early February . Now I'm nervous because we went when pop was half done last year and got a non refurbished room

Just verifying - all of love bug is done? I booked standard, and naturally this close there's nothing else left at the end of January
From what I understand, Love Bug 7 and 6 are done, so yes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter