All Star Movies Renovations

When are you staying? We requested Toy Story but touring plans says they have no king beds. When did that happen?? Or is it because it's still in refurb?

Toy Story renovations are completed. Whether the number of beds changed in any rooms hasn't been reported. Pre-renovation there were relatively few rooms with a king bed anyway and I don't believe all buildings had them. Did Toy Story have rooms with a king bed before the refurb? Fantasia may have been the only preferred building with king beds.

Enjoy your vacation!

We will be there later this week. But we didn't request a king bed, so we're fine in the Toy Story section. I have no idea which sections have king beds. I'm sorry I'm not more help.
It's fine. I'm not married to the king bed request. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the room!

When are you staying? We requested Toy Story but touring plans says they have no king beds. When did that happen?? Or is it because it's still in refurb?

As you're finding out, Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types, amenities, etc. Both before and after renovations there are 4 king rooms on every floor of Toy Story.

Haley - Since you have done such a awesome job with this thread, how about taking up the gauntlet for Music
Haha I would be willing to do that. I’m feeling like I haven’t been doing so well lately on here but there haven’t been any reports for awhile. The construction time for the love bug building might be way off if it’s finished and Fantasia may have started but no one knows.

Haha I would be willing to do that. I’m feeling like I haven’t been doing so well lately on here but there haven’t been any reports for awhile. The construction time for the love bug building might be way off if it’s finished and Fantasia may have started but no one knows.

I've always been a bit puzzled by the lack of reports on these boards about the All Stars in general. The information posts about them don't get near the traffic of the other values (I know, they're smaller, but it's still rather sparse). It makes me wonder if these resorts tend to be visited more by people who don't come to the Dis for extra information. I mean, I guess we know they are the first resorts booked out for sports teams and cheerleaders and most teenagers aren't coming here for tips on their future resort stay. Maybe that's all there is to it. :confused3

EDIT: To finish my thought, it does make it harder to find out about construction when the people who are visiting don't happen to be the types to come here often and post.

I've always been a bit puzzled by the lack of reports on these boards about the All Stars in general. The information posts about them don't get near the traffic of the other values (I know, they're smaller, but it's still rather sparse). It makes me wonder if these resorts tend to be visited more by people who don't come to the Dis for extra information. I mean, I guess we know they are the first resorts booked out for sports teams and cheerleaders and most teenagers aren't coming here for tips on their future resort stay. Maybe that's all there is to it. :confused3

EDIT: To finish my thought, it does make it harder to find out about construction when the people who are visiting don't happen to be the types to come here often and post.
I’m wondering the same thing. I would say you may be right and a lot of the people staying in them are with school or sport groups. I still feel like there should be at least some reports from people lately. The pop thread had a lot more traffic.

I would maybe make this thread cover all of the All Stars renovations.

I already went and made a new thread lol. I guess I could add information here. I’m assuming each resort will have different theming for the rooms, though.
Well done - I look forward to being one of your regular followers (on both threads)

I already went and made a new thread lol. I guess I could add information here. I’m assuming each resort will have different theming for the rooms, though.

I don't know. AS is the same as POP except for slight color and picture variations. I'm pretty confident there won't be a big difference in the actual rooms or furniture that has been used in Movies.

Last edited:
I don't know. AS is the same as POP except for slight color and picture variations. I'm pretty confident there won't be a big difference in the actual rooms or furniture that has been used in Movies.
Agree. It is much easier to replace or repair if the same style fits all rather than having to keep spares of lots of different pieces of furniture

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter