All Resorts 4 to a room??

Joan S.

DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Needs to 'fess up
HI, I am considering staying at one of the Universal resorts this summer. We are a family of 5. Will I need 2 rooms at the hotels on property?? Thanks, Joan:confused:

Hard Rock Hotel has deluxe rooms that sleep 5-- Portifino might also. Royal Pacific rooms only sleeps 4 max.

T&B

We are also a family of 5 and I made reservations at both HRH and PBH for a standard room. The person I spoke with said 5 are allowed in one room, unlike Disney hotels.

Hockey Mom, Thanks for the info. I will try for HRH since their rates seem to be a little cheaper. Joan

When we had 5 in our family we used to stay at WDW Deluxe hotels where 5 people were allowed. Actually, WDW worked better for our family than Universal for awhile because at WDW they don't count a child under 3yo in the room numbers, but at Universal we had to get two rooms even when our fourth child was 1yo.

T&B

I just book RPR for two nights in May and I told them we had 2 adults and 3 kids (ages 2 1/2, 6, & 9). She said one room would be fine. The rate is $110.0 per night.

If you have 5 people for your room (I am considering the PBH) do you have to request a roll-away bed when making reservations or is there some kind of pull-out in these rooms? I will have two adults and 3 adult sized teenagers and will need another bed for the 5th person. Thanks!

RPH definitely allows 5 in a room. Our kids were 4,8, and 10. They also do not force you to rent the roll away. My son slept on a soft pallet we made him on the floor. There were extra pillows and blankets in the room. We didn't even have to ask for them!

The deluxe rooms at HRH have two queen beds and a full size pull out couch. The rooms are extra large and have plenty of room for five people. There is also a full table with four chairs and still lots of empty floor space. The only drawback is that the bathrooms are kind of small.

Damo, Do the Deluxe rooms at the HRH cost alot more than a standard??Thanks, Joan

Yes, they do cost more. I've got entertainment rate for $160 garden view where you can probably get a standard room, garden view for $125 entertainment rate. You centertainly get a lot more space for the extra $35 though.

I guess it depends how much time you plan to spend in the room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!