"All Over the World" vacation at WDW! (video with music from ELO), amidst a journey of depression...

Piglet's Momma

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

My apologies-- I haven't been here in a long time, although years ago I used to be a frequent lurker. For a long time, I've wanted to make a WDW vacation video set to "All Over the World" by ELO (from "Xanadu", for all of you old enough to remember like me ;)), and I finally did it! But it was a long road.... My older daughter and i have planned this trip for about a year (my younger daughter is a Disney freak like we are, but is seven months pregnant with her first child-- my first grandchild!-- and couldn't make the trip), but I almost didn't go. I suffer from Major Depression with Anxiety, the second time in seven years, and part of my worries, my trepidation about even going on the trip (up to the last minute) was "ruining" my daughter's trip. I didn't know how much I would cry... I didn't know how much my sadness would affect us. After I finally decided to go, I didn't want to make the video, but my daughter encouraged me to do it, telling me I'd regret it if I didn't. I went ahead and filmed a bunch of clips, she learned the lyrics (I've known them since I was 10 ;)), and we had a blast. I didn't expect it-- anyone who suffers from major depression knows how hard it is to get out of your own head-- but I am SO glad I went. I've been to WDW 10 times since 2003, it really does make me happy, but I didn't think it would this time. I'm glad I was wrong, I'm glad I got out of my own head and got in the car to drive to Florida, and most of all, I'm glad my daughter stood by me, encouraged me, and knew that it was the best thing for me.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy! It's full of music, happiness, and wonky lip-synching. And boy, do I hope ELO doesn't mind me using their song! It just seemed like the most appropriate song to use. :D I think that I was able to be that happy in the midst of what I'm going through made me come back here and want to share.

Last edited:
What a fun video and perfect song choice! I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with depression and hope you're doing well. Thanks for sharing your trip and story with us. Wishing you peace and happiness.

What a fun video and perfect song choice! I'm sorry to hear you have to deal with depression and hope you're doing well. Thanks for sharing your trip and story with us. Wishing you peace and happiness.

Thank you so much! I'm just okay, but this trip gave me optimism, which I hadn't felt in a long time. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)

What a cute video! Glad you were able to have a great time! Thanks for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter