CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Does anyone have a recent picture of the coffee pots in a family suite? Is it the pre-filled filter packets, ground or k-cups/pods?

Since I'm driving i may just take my own pot with me for simplicity.

Does the lazy river have floats to use for free like a water park or do you need to buy one/bring your own?

Is there a microwave available in the food court for guest use for food not purchased? We like to bring oatmeal for breakfast. :)

I’m curious about this sort of thing too. We have a family suite next month, so have a microwave but I also remember they used to have milk/creamer out for coffee and a toaster, and I was curious if anyone knew of any of these amenities are available now

I have heard no on a toaster so we are bringing our own..not sure about creamer but I would expect that have the non dairy powder packets so we are planning on bringing some milk.

I have heard no on a toaster so we are bringing our own..not sure about creamer but I would expect that have the non dairy powder packets so we are planning on bringing some milk.

It certainly makes sense to not have them out, was just wishful thinking! We’re going to do a Publix delivery so will definitely just get some milk that way. I like creamer, but I can do without. My husband will only do milk. Neither of us are powdered creamer fans. A toaster I could also do without, though if it was available I would utilize

I would like to know is it worth getting a view Volcano Bay View? I know you pay a little more but I am curious is it really worth it?

I would like to know is it worth getting a view Volcano Bay View? I know you pay a little more but I am curious is it really worth it?

If you do, I would recommend asking for a high level room and arrive insanely early that way you can remind them of your room request and that you are willing to wait for a high level room to ensure you have the best view. For our first and third trip, we arrived between 8-8:30AM.

I state this as we always request a pool view room (I want to do a VB one someday) and have learned through trial and error that you have to be more specific in order to get a good pool view room. I would imagine it would be the same for VB that the higher you are the better view you have.

The first time we arrived very early and happened to be lucky to get an amazing view (one of the towers and on the 8th floor) and learned through our second trip you have to be more specific and arrive early to get one. As the second time we were asked if we preferred a building (only time we were asked this and we said no since we assumed the towers were the only rooms that offered this time of room) we ended up getting a room that was not that high and the only thing we viewed were the lawn chairs. We were close to the lobby which was nice, but we do not mind the walking and would rather have the view. Third time, we requested for a high level room (on the reservation), but due to arriving early they automatically put us in the first available room which was very low and our view was blocked by trees. This time we definitely wanted our pool view, so we did request another and that we would like a higher level room and we were willing to wait for it. We were in a new room by 12.

In conclusion, that is why I recommend that you simply show up to remind them, but also state you're willing to wait (that way you don't get a random VB room just because they want you to get a room immediately to satisfy you) that way if you arrive early enough you're more than likely to get the first room available that you'd want and you may wait, but you'll be getting it much sooner than normal check in time as well as be more guaranteed to get your request since you arrived so early.

Is galaxy bowling alley open or closed due to covid? Just booked a 5 night stay for November and I know things can change but just thought I would check noa

Decided to say who cares and move from offsite DoubleTree to CBBR - 2020 has been enough I am not trying to cheap out and be off property with a pool I can't/won't use for a few $$. So I booked poolside standard, so excited to check out this resort. I just hope Covid doesn't have tons of stuff closed/restricted like I am hearing at lots of WDW properties.
2 questions:
is the pool heated enough to go in mid/end Nov?
the pool bar cup, is it allowed inside the pool area? sitting on the ledge with feet in? I know in WDW that is a major no no but never used a pool at UO properties.

Anyone going or there now anything major to note? I know come Nov anything could change, I am just hoping its less restrictions not more.

Decided to say who cares and move from offsite DoubleTree to CBBR - 2020 has been enough I am not trying to cheap out and be off property with a pool I can't/won't use for a few $$. So I booked poolside standard, so excited to check out this resort. I just hope Covid doesn't have tons of stuff closed/restricted like I am hearing at lots of WDW properties.
2 questions:
is the pool heated enough to go in mid/end Nov?
the pool bar cup, is it allowed inside the pool area? sitting on the ledge with feet in? I know in WDW that is a major no no but never used a pool at UO properties.

Anyone going or there now anything major to note? I know come Nov anything could change, I am just hoping its less restrictions not more.

So we just stayed here recently and we were SURPRISED with what this resort has to offer, especially for what I paid to stay here!!!

The pool and lazy river are heated, they were plenty warm on our trip even though it was hot I did ask if they were heated because they did seem warmer then normal.

Drinks in the pool, I can’t say for sure here as I enjoyed ALL of mine outside of the pool, however at HR I’m the guy known for standing in the middle of the pool with one of those drinks with little umbrellas or fruit attached at the top!!!!!!!

They do love me at HR and I love them though......our home away from home!

I hope you have a great stay here, walking to VB was really an AWESOME benefit also!

Oh the Brazilian Beef at Bayliner was SURPRISINGLY AWESOME also!

Does the resort allow grocery delivery? I'm assuming that we have to meet the delivery person in person now. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've used Amazon Prime Now in the past for Disney but wasn't sure if there was a better option available.

Does the resort allow grocery delivery? I'm assuming that we have to meet the delivery person in person now. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've used Amazon Prime Now in the past for Disney but wasn't sure if there was a better option available.

Yes we met our delivery person out front, we used Instacart.

Looking at a stay at Christmas time: Dec 20-25. If the parks reach capacity will we be allowed in as onsite guests? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!