CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Yes, the Dining Shuttle and free ODC stopped in April.

There were posts on the boards about it at the time. You now pay $10 to go between hotels if you utilise the ODC.

Is it walkable between Cabana Bay and Portofino Bay?

If we go to straight City Walk, the shuttle to Cabana Bay will be free?

Last edited:
Is it walkable between Cabana Bay and Portofino Bay?

If we go to straight City Walk, the shuttle to Cabana Bay will be free?
It would be a hike, I have walked from CB to Citywalk in 15 minutes, PB is farther the opposite direction so maybe another 10 mins.

The shuttle bus from Citywalk to CB leaves from the area where the visitor dropoff is, they run frequently.

It would be a hike, I have walked from CB to Citywalk in 15 minutes, PB is farther the opposite direction so maybe another 10 mins.

The shuttle bus from Citywalk to CB leaves from the area where the visitor dropoff is, they run frequently.

Ok, I just checked, it's about 35-40 minutes. That's not a problem. But we might want to take a shuttle on the way back.

Are the shuttle bus from Citywalk free?

Ok, I just checked, it's about 35-40 minutes. That's not a problem. But we might want to take a shuttle on the way back.

Are the shuttle bus from Citywalk free?

Yes, those ones are free to use.

I wouldn't like to walk from Cabana Bay to Portofino. With the heat, it wouldn't be much fun.

So, if a person were interested in a room near the lobby/bus stop, which of the below should they pick?

Just for giggles, it would be a bonus to be near parking garage but that would be further down on the check-list.

Attachments

• A8AA8FD3-6064-4999-88EC-282E895198D2.jpeg
    A8AA8FD3-6064-4999-88EC-282E895198D2.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 48
So, if a person were interested in a room near the lobby/bus stop, which of the below should they pick?

Just for giggles, it would be a bonus to be near parking garage but that would be further down on the check-list.
We always booked the Continental and Americana interior pool rooms. It’s a quick walk to food court, lobby and buses. We haven’t used the parking garage.

We always booked the Continental and Americana interior pool rooms. It’s a quick walk to food court, lobby and buses. We haven’t used the parking garage.

So, that would be an interior pool room. Don’t see them available.

Are the pool suites in same buildings?

Sorry about that. We get two connecting pool suites ( small sitting room and kitchenette ). The pool suites are at the beginning and end of those buildings. The regular pool rooms are in the middle. I always ask to be closest to Bayliner Diner to refill my mug and be closer to the bus. Towards the end of the building, you’ll have a shorter walk to Volcano Bay.

Also depending on when you go, APH rates dropped down to $130 for an interior pool suite for my mid November trip. We are excited to see all the Christmas stuff!

It’s not quite the Osbourne lights (RIP boo hoo) but U does a great job with Xmas decorations & the parade is special.

I am just wondering if I am able to leave any un-used items outside our door and post that they are free for the taking? I know that we have done this in the past at Disney... but I wanted to double check that this is the case at Universal resorts. Thank you for any help!

For the dining credit promotion, does anyone know if it is per booking or per room? I need to book two rooms in November and I am just wondering if I would get $50 for each room that qualifies.

Distance to the Lobby/Bus Stop is not really about the "type" of room you have, but where in a given building they put you.

If you have a look at this resort map for CB:

Cabana-Bay-map.jpg

The Bus and hotel lobby is central to everything.

Continental and Americana are the tower buildings (with interior halls and they have regular rooms and family suites) . Castaway, Starlight, and Thunderbird are the Courtyard suites (outdoor entry to the rooms, and they are all family suites). Beachside and Bayside towers (the oval shaped buildings on the very left) is where you can get Volcano view if your rooms on on the left side facing Volcano Bay. Poolside as a room type just means your room faces the pools, regular rooms face the outside of the complex.

It all depends on where they put you in those buildings that will dictate how close your are to the Center of the resort (closest to the restaurant, lobby and Bus Stop). And that's not something you can "book".
Well..... I suppose if you want to try and be close to the middle for the lobby/bus Stop you wouldn't pick Volcano view because that guarantees you'll be on the far left.

At best you can make a request to be closer to the center of things at time of booking, and they will try and accommodate you, but it's not guaranteed.

If my wife and I want to check out, but have a early evening return flight and want to spend the day at the parks, can we have our luggage stored for us until we are ready to leave for MCO?

If my wife and I want to check out, but have a early evening return flight and want to spend the day at the parks, can we have our luggage stored for us until we are ready to leave for MCO?

Yes, they will store your luggage for you till you’re ready to leave.

Has anyone had grocery delivery at CBBR before?
Was thinking of getting an Instacart Delivery as we have a Family Suite and need snacks for the kids and to make sandwiches.

We used GroceryDeluxe.com on our last trip. We were able to get same day delivery for our groceries.

Less than 4 weeks to go 'til we'll be at Cabana Bay! Had a couple of questions: Do the laundry machines take quarters or credit cards and is there a drying line in the family suites to hang up swimsuits to dry?

Also, do you have to walk thru the lobby area to get from one pool to the other?

TIA!

Only takes quarters. There is a change machine in there. There is a drying line in the bathroom. Yes you have to walk through the lobby to get from pool to pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!