CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Quick question about buses to the parks: Does CBBR have it's own designated buses or are they shared with Adventura & now Endless Summer? TIA!
We just got home Wednesday after spending a week at CBBR. Heading to the parks we always had our own designated bus but sometimes on the return we shared a bus with Adventura.

Hi there, We are heading to Cabana Bay in August - we haven't stayed here before and I am wondering if there is a monthly activities list for younger hotel guests. Character meet and greets, movies that are playing, etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Previous post mentioned going over to Sapphire Falls and taking the boat into the parks. Do you go thru security check at the resort and then are pre clear once to reach the park side? Thinking this could save a lot of time over going on bus and the security lines to go thru city walk area.

Previous post mentioned going over to Sapphire Falls and taking the boat into the parks. Do you go thru security check at the resort and then are pre clear once to reach the park side? Thinking this could save a lot of time over going on bus and the security lines to go thru city walk area.

Yes, you get a bag search and metal detector check at the Sapphire Falls boat dock.

Joining in over here. I just switched from Endless summer in August to Cabana Bay. I'm not sold on the theming but the pools look great.
I booked a poolside family site, does that mean pool side as in ground level? I will look through thread more but I am supposed to be working lol.

We also just booked here and cancelled out of Endless Summer for August. Once we found out you cannot pool hop if you stay there, we were done with that one! I think our kids will like the theme here and the pool looks great.

We also just booked here and cancelled out of Endless Summer for August. Once we found out you cannot pool hop if you stay there, we were done with that one! I think our kids will like the theme here and the pool looks great.

Did you talk to anyone when you cancelled? I'm hoping that people making their displeasure known will influence them to change this policy.

I cant say for PP but I did let them know. I called to make sure it was accurate information. I let the person I was on with know that this info wasn't provided when booking and I was directed to email them with my feedback.

There's a new $50 dining credit offer available if you are staying here during Nov 3 - Dec 25, 2019. I read on another site where someone was able to call and get it added to the reservation they already had. I thought I'd post it here in case it helps someone, but you have to book it by 7/31/2019.

Official site - https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/places-to-stay/special-offers/be-merry-like-this

You've never had a holiday like this. Beginning in November, Universal Orlando takes the season to new heights with Christmas in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, Universal’s Holiday Parade featuring Macy's, Grinchmas™ and more.
Put a bow on the season with a stay at one of our hotels—enjoy festive holiday activities and exclusive theme park benefits:
  • Breeze into one of Universal's three theme parks, including Universal's Volcano Bay an hour before regular guests, every morning. (Valid theme park admission required; select attractions)
  • Enjoy free shuttles for quick jumps between the parks and your room.
  • Stay as close as can be to all the fun.

Limited Time Offer – Get a $50 Dining Credit**.
When you book your stay of three nights or more at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort by July 31, 2019.

When To Purchase
Now–Jul. 31, 2019
When To Go
Nov. 3–Dec. 25, 2019

Did you talk to anyone when you cancelled? I'm hoping that people making their displeasure known will influence them to change this policy.

I just got off the phone call that I cancelled the Endless Summer booking. The man I spoke with was very helpful and when I told him why I was cancelling he asked if I wanted to be transfered to Guest Service to give them my feedback directly. I gave her my story and she was very understanding, said they create a file which is forwarded to management and to the booking offices for review. Hopefully they will review the policy and make changes for the future.

I just got off the phone call that I cancelled the Endless Summer booking. The man I spoke with was very helpful and when I told him why I was cancelling he asked if I wanted to be transfered to Guest Service to give them my feedback directly. I gave her my story and she was very understanding, said they create a file which is forwarded to management and to the booking offices for review. Hopefully they will review the policy and make changes for the future.

Awesome! Sometimes I think that we as consumers forget that businesses can't read our minds. So I've been trying to be more conscious about telling companies (at least the ones that seem to care like Universal) when they missed the mark IMHO as well as giving kudos for an awesome job. If you don't tell people what you want, the answer is always going to be no.

Are there still laundry facilities in each building? Able to purchase detergent? Any additional advice appreciated!

Are there still laundry facilities in each building? Able to purchase detergent? Any additional advice appreciated!

I believe floors 3 & 6 have them. Small boxes of detergent and softener available in vending machine. Washing machine and dryers only take quarters. There is a change machine in the laundry room.

I believe floors 3 & 6 have them. Small boxes of detergent and softener available in vending machine. Washing machine and dryers only take quarters. There is a change machine in the laundry room.
thanks so much!!

I can vouch for the 6th floor having them, along with soap/dryer sheets in a vending machine. Quarters only. Big machines too.

so I caved and ended up cancelling our stay at Hard Rock and booking Cabana Bay. We kept 1 night at HRH for the EP's but the rest of our trip will be at Cabana Bay again. We did enjoy it there last time, except we hated the outside entrance we had. So I got a good AP rate on an Internal entrance room.
One of the main reasons we wanted HRH was so for our first day we wanted a cabana and hang by the pool. After the super long flight we need to give the little ones a day off.
I see that they have Cabanas but the videos I saw were quite old. Are they still there? Are they still $100 for weekdays? Can I book now or only on check-in?
Someone posted a review that was also a few years old saying that people pulled chairs right up to their cabana and blocked the view of the pool.
I'm not super concerned about that and I do see from photos that they are not very private, they are all lined up together. But I think having the dedicated shade (I'm very pale and so is our infant) and the TV for my Husband will be worth the money.

We are headed to Cabana bay for the first time next Saturday
:cloud9:
I wondered, in the kitchenette of the Family Suite, what is provided? Are the any plates or silverware or should we bring disposable?
Coffee is not a Keurig I believe? Is it the filter pods? What kind of coffee is it? Also, Starbucks is in the lobby correct?
TIA

We are headed to Cabana bay for the first time next Saturday
:cloud9:
I wondered, in the kitchenette of the Family Suite, what is provided? Are the any plates or silverware or should we bring disposable?
Coffee is not a Keurig I believe? Is it the filter pods? What kind of coffee is it? Also, Starbucks is in the lobby correct?
TIA
We stayed in a family suite in June and disposable plates, bowls and silverware were provided... coffee is not a keurig but they do provide pods but I don't know what kind as we didn't use them... but yes, there is Starbucks in the lobby!!

We stayed in a family suite in June and disposable plates, bowls and silverware were provided... coffee is not a keurig but they do provide pods but I don't know what kind as we didn't use them... but yes, there is Starbucks in the lobby!!
Excellent! Less to pack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!