CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

schumigirl

It's a bit of a roodie doodie word for lady parts
Experience the affordable Cabana Bay Beach Resort at Universal Orlando........

This resort is a vibrant and colourful retro design with rooms and Suites designed for fun and affordability........Ideal for larger families and anyone who appreciates the striking colour themes and the amazing 50`s and 60`s designed Retro Details of a bygone era.

This really is a one of a kind resort.......beautifully themed with a host of accommodation options for small and larger groups alike.

All the hotel guest rooms are themed with fun and useful touches from that era. Choose from standard rooms that sleep up to four or family suites that can accommodate up to six people and feature a kitchenette for ease and convenience.

With the new towers opening in 2017 some offering amazing views of Volcano Bay the new Water Theme Park, this will bring available rooms at this popular Beach Resort to 2,200.

***THERE IS NO EXPRESS PASS AS A PERK OF STAYING AT THIS RESORT, YOU DO GET EARLY ENTRY ACCESS. REGARDLESS OF WHO YOU BOOK YOUR HOTEL STAY WITH YOU WILL GET THE PERK OF EE**

https://www.loewshotels.com/cabana-bay-hotel/discover/services-amenities

(added July 29, 2018)

Pet Policy

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort does not allow pets but if you want to bring your furry friend, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Hard Rock Hotel®, Loews Sapphire Falls Resort and Loews Royal Pacific Resort all allow pets for a fee of $100†††.

STANDARD ROOM CHOICES

One (1) 40" flat panel television with HD channels

• 2 queen size beds

• Cuisinart single coffee pod brewer

• Mini refrigerator

• Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and in-room safe

• Complimentary* wireless internet access in each guest room and most common areas of the hotel

• Upgrade to Premium Plus^ wireless internet access for optimal entertainment and business needs
Standard Room
The Tower Rooms are a great place to shift your vacation into relaxation. Two queen beds, iconic décor, and a flat screen TV make your room a private getaway. Pull back the curtains to let in the Florida sunshine or pull them tight for a restful night’s sleep before a day in the parks.

Poolside Room
Open the curtains and enjoy views of the lush foliage surrounding the expansive pool area that leads to the lazy river. Just like the roadside motels of days past, the pool area is always a fun place to be and be seen. This Tower Room features two queen beds, iconic décor, and a flat screen TV to make your room a private getaway.

FAMILY SUITE CHOICES

Kitchenette with mini refrigerator, microwave and small sink

• Two (2) 40" flat panel televisions with HD channels

• 2 queen size beds

• Living room with a full-size pull-out sofa

• Complimentary* wireless internet access in each guest room and most common areas of the hotel

• Upgrade to Premium Plus^ wireless internet access for optimal entertainment and business needs

• Cuisinart double pod coffee brewer

• Iron, ironing board, hairdryer and in-room safe

• Extra-large bathroom features preparation space for 3 people at once
Courtyard Family Suite
There’s plenty of space for the whole family in the charming Family Suites. These retro rooms boast colourful décor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVs, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

Courtyard Family Suite Poolside
Open the curtains and let the sun shine in. These Family Suites open up to the courtyard and pool area with sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVs, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

Tower Family Suite
The Tower Suites are perfect for families and small groups. These retro rooms boast colorful décor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVs, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

Tower Family Suite Poolside
Take in the sunshine along with a picturesque view of the lazy river and pool area from these interior suites. The lush, tropical landscaping makes a scenic backdrop to the quirky, fun design of your room. Like the other Tower Suites, these retro rooms boast colorful décor, sleeping accommodations for six, two flat screen TVs, a kitchenette area, and a sliding partition for privacy. The extra-large bathroom features preparation spaces for three people at once, so everyone can get to the park early.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/3e/16/37/3e16378665261273e7bd8732ce439fb0.jpg

many thanks to Tommy JK for the above map

POOLS AND ACTIVITIES

The crowning glory of this gorgeous resort has to be the 2 amazing zero entry swimming pools. The Courtyard Pool features a sandy beach with the iconic traditional dive tower waterslide and of course the beautifully manicured Lazy River.......both will bring hours of fun and delight for children and adults alike.

A 10 lane Bowling Alley is conveniently located onsite with a casual table service restaurant available. Complimentary Fitness Centre, Games Room with Poolside Games and Activities are prevalent at this resort.

Cabana Courtyard – features a zero-entry pool with iconic dive tower waterslide, interactive kids play area,
cabanas for rent , and Atomic Tonic pool bar
  • Lazy River Courtyard – features a zero-entry pool with sand beach, a lazy river with waterfalls and cannons for interactive fun, and The Hideaway Bar & Grill

• Galaxy Bowl – 10-lane full service bowling experience themed from the 1950’s, offering today’s entertainment technology and a full service restaurant (fees apply)

• Jack LaLanne Physical Fitness Studio – complimentary for hotel guests, featuring cardiovascular equipment, mats, Medicine Balls, Bosu Balls, rubber dumbbells and locker rooms

• Game-O-Rama - Enjoy old school classics and the latest high-tech arcade games such as classic Skee-ball.

• Resort Recreation – never a lack of fun including hula hoop contests, splash contests and poolside movies

RESTAURANTS AND LOUNGES

Dining choices are varied and abundant in Cabana Bay. From Grab and Go, to burgers and Pizza to a handy morning coffee from Starbucks.

CBdining5_tcm13-37179.jpg

BAYLINE DINER

When you’re hungry and want something fast, head to this food court for burgers, sandwiches, pizza, pasta, a salad bar, and grab-and-go items.

https://bayliner-diner.constantcontactsites.com/

Galaxy Bowl Restaurant

Hit the lanes while you have dinner. Located inside the bowling alley, our table service restaurant serves burgers, pizza, chicken wings, quesadillas and more.

https://galaxy-bowl-restaurant.constantcontactsites.com/

CBdining6_tcm13-37178.jpg

Atomic Tonic

While you work on your golden glow, refresh with signature frozen and non-frozen drinks, beer, and wine from our Cabana courtyard pool bar.

https://atomic-tonic.constantcontactsites.com/

The Hideaway Bar & Grill

Located in the Lazy River Courtyard, this convenient pool bar is a tropical oasis offering signature frozen and non-frozen drinks, beer and wine.

https://the-hideaway-bar-and-grill.constantcontactsites.com/

CBdining1_tcm13-37180.jpg

Swizzle Lounge

After a long day of adventure, sidle up to this swell lobby bar and kick back with a variety of cocktails made to order.

https://swizzle-lounge.constantcontactsites.com/

logo_starbucks_tcm13-37937.jpg

Starbucks®

What better way to start your day than with a hot delicious cup of fresh-roasted Starbucks coffee? Later, cool off with a creamy iced Frappucino®.

CBdining2_tcm13-37174.jpg

Delizioso Pizza

Need to nibble but don’t feel like leaving your room? Treat yourself to hot, cheesy pizza hand-delivered to your door. Available during limited hours.

https://delizioso-pizza-to-go.constantcontactsites.com/

GETTING AROUND

As with all Universal Resorts there is Free onsite Transportation to and from parks by Shuttle Bus.
Check with the hotel front desk for approximate shuttle times to the parks.
Usually they run every few minutes, you won’t wait long for a bus at any time of day.
Shuttles run prior to park opening and up to 2:00 am after City Walk closes.

There is also a beautiful walking path to both parks and Citywalk.

STAY MORE SAVE MORE

THE LONGER YOU STAY THE MORE YOU SAVE!

Stay more nights and save up to 35%^!

CHECK WEBSITE FOR DATES AND DISCOUNTS

HANDY STUFF

Located conveniently onsite there is a Universal Orlando convenience store.
This store sells sundries, guest necessities, newspapers, magazines, and Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort logo merchandise. There is also a Universal Orlando Ticket Centre.

Meet some of your favourite theme park characters every Friday evening at Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort.

Self-parking (daily fee applies)

• Universal Orlando Attraction Ticket Centre

• Hertz car rental desk

• Laundromats

• Complimentary basic WI-FI in rooms and in public areas

INTERNET ACCESS

*Premium wireless access is complimentary for up to 4 devices per room for a 24-hour period 1pm to 1pm.
^Premium Plus wireless access is $14.95 for up to 8 devices per room and for a 24-hour period of 1pm to 1pm.

ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION

Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort
6550 Adventure Way
Orlando, FL 32819

Reservations: 1-888-273-1311
Phone: 407-503-4000

Room Reservations 1-888-273-1311

HOTEL POLICIES

Age Requirements Guests must be 21 years of age to book a hotel room and provide proper identification upon check-in.

Check in/Check Out
Check-in at 4:00 PM
Check-out at 11:00 AM

HOTEL ONLY BOOKINGS Deposit Requirements
Equal to one night's room rate plus tax.
The credit card will be charged within 5 business days of the booking date.
Arrivals within 5 days of booking will have their credit card charged upon hotel check-in; full cancellation policies apply.

Acceptable forms of payment
The following major credit cards, as well as money orders, personal, certified, and travel agency checks are accepted for deposits.
(For reservations made within 30 days of arrival, personal checks are not accepted.)

For reservation deposits, cash and traveler's checks are not accepted.

• Discover/NOVUS
    • American Express
    • Visa
    • MasterCard
    • Diners Club
    • Japanese Credit Bureau (JCB)
    • Carte Blanche
Once a guest arrives at Universal Orlando, all of the above forms of payment, plus cash and traveler's checks, will be accepted for additional hotel charges.

Hotel Taxes
Universal Orlando on-site hotels will include applicable taxes to be collected each night of a guest’s stay. These taxes are included as a percentage of the room charge.

Florida State Sales Tax 6.5%
Orange County Occupancy Tax 6%
12.5% Total Tax

Cancellation Policy
Days Prior to Stay:
6 days or more
0-5 days prior
Penalties:
Full refund
charged one night's room rate plus tax

PLEASE NOTE: Deposits are forfeited if guest checks out of the hotel prior to the check-out date.

PARKING CHARGES

Overnight Guests*:

• Self-Parking: $17 plus tax per night, per vehicle
Day Guests*:
  • Self-Parking: $45 plus tax per day, per vehicle

*Rates subject to change without notice

TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS

On-Site Transportation Complimentary resort wide transportation includes shuttle buses. Each hotel is also within walking distance to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™, Universal CityWalk™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™.

SeaWorld Orlando®, Aquatica™, & Wet 'n Wild® Transportation
There are complimentary scheduled buses available to transport guests to SeaWorld Orlando®, Aquatica™ and Wet 'n Wild®. Reservations are required for this service. Upon arrival, contact the concierge desk at the individual hotel to confirm transportation.

Airport Transportation
An airport shuttle service is available for hotel guests arriving into Orlando International Airport through Mears Transportation. Visit the concierge desk for details.

• Departure Point from Airport: Grand transportation area on lower level of airport.
  • Departure Point from Hotels: Porte Cochere of each hotel.

Fees Apply Car Rental

Avis Rental Car Services
Avis car rental available on-site.

Transportation to Walt Disney World® can be arranged through the Universal Ticket Desk - fees apply.

Travel Agents
Universal Orlando Resort has a variety of booking options for travel agents. For more information, please visit our dedicated website at www.universaltravelagents.com or call 1-800-331-3134.

Hotel Dining Shuttle
Complimentary shuttle service is provided for hotel guests traveling to each of the on-site hotel restaurants during limited hours. Click here for more information.

GUESTS WITH DISABILITIES

Guest Room Accessible Features

• Entry doors are 36" wide
    • Doors with peepholes at 3'6" from the floor
    • Closets with rods at 48" high
    • Toilets with hand bar
    • Bathroom choices
    • Roll-in shower stall with adjustable shower head or combination shower/tub with adjustable shower head, tub seat, and hand bar
    • Closed-caption television
    • Smoke detector with light
Sight & Hearing Impaired Features:

• All entrances to individual guest rooms will include the room number in Braille, the international language of the blind
    • Hearing Impaired Kits (that include a TDD relay service) are available from Star Service and may be used in any guest room

UNIVERSAL ORLANDO INFORMATION

Use these links for quick information to plan your stay at Universal Orlando Resort.

*As with other updated threads, this is a work in progress and can be updated or altered to reflect changes in the future*

Last edited:
Big Thank You to RalphinSC for the video........

Last edited:
We update and add info when new changes occur

We do not update the smsm rate listings, using the 2016 only to present it is a value resort

Do check the SMSM current rates for present rates for your possible booking

I hope that people come here to get informed about CBBR. It is without a doubt the BEST place that I have ever stayed in that was in the $100 per night range. So much to do, you just need to go grab it! And you are still in the Universal bubble and you can easily visit the other resorts to explore and swim. Questions are welcomed. Many of us here will answer anything you throw at us.

When Cbay first came about, a former mod made a sticky when the first post
appeared about it

The info in that sticky had speculations and some made it as an informational place to go

Have been working in the new sticky to create it to be a place for accurate and updated info
I hope to move posts from the original sticky into this new hotel sticky

Queen schumigirl will do an excellent job for the newly created Cbay sticky

Using the basic format as the other hotel stickies will help all readers find info quickly

I do know you will find all needed info in it

Still working on pictures and other things but you will see those additions as time goes by

Enjoy your new home at Cbay

I hope that people come here to get informed about CBBR. It is without a doubt the BEST place that I have ever stayed in that was in the $100 per night range. So much to do, you just need to go grab it! And you are still in the Universal bubble and you can easily visit the other resorts to explore and swim. Questions are welcomed. Many of us here will answer anything you throw at us.

Honestly hope so........Cabana Bay thread, as Mac said desperately needed updating, was just finding time for us to get around to it.......

There are many regulars on here that stay there and love it, so you're correct, I'm sure questions Folks will ask, regulars on here will have answers for.

But, I don't have any pictures of it so I hope we get those too.

(mac, you'll make me blush :blush:........lol)

I have some pictures of cabana bay but can always use more

If you have pictures of the lobby, rooms, eateries, grounds, bus station, etc, please send them by pm to schumi or myself

What I have are almost a year old and thinking you may have pictures we can also include

So many great photographers in the Dis and I hope to have as many pictures in the new sticky as possible

It is a very well loved resort and your pictures will entice others to stay there

Cbay is a total vacation !

You could spend days there without hitting the parks and still be relaxed and entertained

Tip about bowling.

During the week, they have reduced pricing during the day until 6:00 pm I believe. It was under $10 per person, per hour if I recall correctly.

Really fun with the kids where they can program the "no gutter" automatically for when it's the kids turn and it automatically flips back during the adult turns.

Tip about bowling.

During the week, they have reduced pricing during the day until 6:00 pm I believe. It was under $10 per person, per hour if I recall correctly.

Really fun with the kids where they can program the "no gutter" automatically for when it's the kids turn and it automatically flips back during the adult turns.

The reduced price special is that everyone gets kids price in the afternoon. And it was just under $10 and includes the shoe rental. If you have 3 players, that cost covers one hour. If you have 4 players that cost covers 90 minutes.

You can make lane reservations on opentable.com.

Thanks for the updated thread! I will be staying here for the first time in a few weeks. Do I need a float to enjoy the lazy river (hoping it will be warm enough to swim)? I know they sell them, but I don't know how necessary it is to have one.

Thanks for the updated thread! I will be staying here for the first time in a few weeks. Do I need a float to enjoy the lazy river (hoping it will be warm enough to swim)? I know they sell them, but I don't know how necessary it is to have one.
You don't have to. However I have to admit that I do want a CB float. a cute design

So, they don't have complimentary floats for lazy river like they do at Beach Club?

The Lazy River does not require that you have a float. You can just jump in and swim whenever you want.

There is a kiosk selling floats. They have several sizes available at varying prices. Roughly $7 to $20, I think.

The kiosk has an air pressure hose to fill up the floats. If you bring your own float from home (or purchased off-site) they will fill it for you for free.

If you get lucky enough, you can get floats donated to you by guests leaving as many do not take them home (too large to use as a neck pillow in an airplane).

I'm staying here one night next Wednesday! Never stayed on prop at UO before (typically stay at WDW) but just doing the one night and wanted the early entry to HP without spending a ton (and don't need express pass since I'm by myself and can do single rider lines) so figured I'd give it a try.

About how long is the walk from the resort to City Walk and the parks? Would you recommend the walk or taking the shuttle bus?

Can you get to the other UO hotels from the Garden Walk path? Would like to check them out just out of curiosity.

Thanks!

I'm staying here one night next Wednesday! Never stayed on prop at UO before (typically stay at WDW) but just doing the one night and wanted the early entry to HP without spending a ton (and don't need express pass since I'm by myself and can do single rider lines) so figured I'd give it a try.

About how long is the walk from the resort to City Walk and the parks? Would you recommend the walk or taking the shuttle bus?

Can you get to the other UO hotels from the Garden Walk path? Would like to check them out just out of curiosity.

Thanks!

I'd recommend the shuttle bus. When I was there in February they were frequent and fast. Never waited more than 5 min for a bus and it takes maybe 5-10 min to get to the drop off.

Walking from cbay, it will be in a path
Lit up in sections at night time

You can walk to SFalls and rpr before you reach margaritavile in city walk

Could take up to 20 minutes from Cbay to city walk
Depends on your pace

You can do the boat taxi at SFalls to city walk

Thanks @TommyJK and @macraven for your help! I might explore the walk the first night that I'm there, but sounds like the bus is the way to go when hitting up the parks the next morning. Looking forward to early entry to HP!

Is there any rhyme or reason to which HP park they open for early entry, or is it just kind of at random?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!