CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Does anyone know when we will start seeing reviews and pics of the new tower 2 bedroom suites facing volcano Bay? I seem to remember these rooms were available for booking at the end of March but haven't seen anything yet regarding one of the towers opening. Thanks!

My friend and I have sorta a bad habit of scheduling flights at inconvenient times. Particularly scheduling late flights way past the check out time. Does Cabana Bay have some form of luggage holding area in case we arrive before our room is ready or for holding our luggage after checkout until it's time to go to the airport? We won't have a car you see. This will help me determine how to schedule the flight there and out.

My friend and I have sorta a bad habit of scheduling flights at inconvenient times. Particularly scheduling late flights way past the check out time. Does Cabana Bay have some form of luggage holding area in case we arrive before our room is ready or for holding our luggage after checkout until it's time to go to the airport? We won't have a car you see. This will help me determine how to schedule the flight there and out.

Yes. I like to stay late also, so stored my luggage and went to the pool. There are also lockers and showers in the fitness center that I used before I left.

Sounds good. Depending on what package we get, I'm thinking of getting to Orlando in the morning, do a short spell at the parks then return to the hotel for dinner. :thumbsup2

I have been trying to open the links on the first page of menus etc.I keep getting an error mesaage.

I have been trying to open the links on the first page of menus etc.I keep getting an error mesaage.

They're working for me.

It does now take you to the main Universal Orlando website page and there is a link that says Available Menu to click on.........

I checked each link and they all work this way.

Will come back later and try something else. But, I am seeing them work.

Just checked all links again loring on another device and they all work.

I went to change to the new website links, but its a mess. So, will keep old ones going.......

Yes. I like to stay late also, so stored my luggage and went to the pool. There are also lockers and showers in the fitness center that I used before I left.

Did you stay at CBBR and use their pool or were you able to pool hop over to, say, Royal Pacific or Sapphire Falls? I'm going in June with a bunch of friends and I don't fly out until the day after we check out of CBBR. I'm excited to have a last day lounging at the pool, but I'd love to pop over to RPR or SF for their pools that day instead of sticking with CBBR.

Thank you I guess it's just my phone.
How big is the lazy river?I have been reading contradicting reports some say very small to huge.Thank you!

Thank you I guess it's just my phone.
How big is the lazy river?I have been reading contradicting reports some say very small to huge.Thank you!

It's quite long and wide enough for several tubes to go abreast. I'd say it take a good 7-10 minutes to make a lap around it. A couple of waterfalls, spraying spots, and even some water cannons that can be squirted on floaters.

Does anyone know when we will start seeing reviews and pics of the new tower 2 bedroom suites facing volcano Bay? I seem to remember these rooms were available for booking at the end of March but haven't seen anything yet regarding one of the towers opening. Thanks!
They didn't look close to being open last week. Initially I saw availability march 28th but I looked yesterday and there's werent even listed around Memorial Day. Idk

Great info on this thread, thank you. We are staying at Cabana Bay for 5 nights at the end of June and have a query about the refillable cups. Is it just sodas available? I've seen on menus and photos etc, milkshakes and icees, is there an option/reduced charge etc for these with the cup? Just trying to figure out if it will work for us buying the cups.

MINI-REVIEW - Stayed 2 nights 3/15/17 & 3/16/17 - LOVE, LOVE, LOVED CBBR :love:
Huge thank you to this board for helping me out when we planned a last minute get-away down to Universal.

We checked in about 10:00 pm on a Weds. night. The front desk staff was super nice. We ended up in the Castaway building overlooking the pool with the 'high dive' pool slide. I just LOVED the whole theme of this hotel. It just gave me a fun, relaxed old-time, Happy Days vibe. Who ever designed it really nailed it with all the touches. Pulling up to the resort with the "Cabana Bay" tower and the circular drive with the old fashioned cars. Walking into the spacious lobby. Instant warm fuzzy feeling. Seeing the giant names of the buildings all lit up at night in that 50's/60's font was just really cool.

We had one of the family suites (with the outdoor hallways) and having the mini kitchen with the bar, bar stools, mini-fridge, microwave; the sitting area with pull-out couch, 2 chairs and a TV in one area and then the bedroom with a sliding divider and 2 comfortable queen sized beds was great. The bathroom set-up was awesome. Sink/vanity area across from beds and then a door on each side. One side holds the shower and another sink in a seperate little room. And the other side holds a separate toilet room. Really helped with everyone getting ready early in the AM. (I was travelling with my two older teenage boys and they ended up sharing a bed and surprisingly all of us found them to be comfortable.) (Now we faced the pool and were on the 4th floor, they also had other rooms in this building that faced the parking area..I'm glad we got the pool view.)

We were starving at this point and by the time we got up to the room it was too late to go to their onsite cafeteria/diner "Bayliner Diner" and my kids were dying to go to CitiWalk so we hopped on their shuttle bus about 11:00 pm. We were the only ones on it and had a great, friendly bus driver. It was pretty chilly at CitiWalk, and coming from the Northeast, we only packed sweatshirts figuring it was going to be a whole lot warmer in Florida. Oops! Well, no where near as bad as where we came from...so we survived. Had some Pizza and the kids got ice-cream (brrrrr) and caught the bus, which came within 2 minutes of us arriving at the little stop and were on our way back to the resort.

We took advantage of the Early Entry to Islands of Adventure the next morning so we were up and out early. Caught another shuttle as soon as we walked over to the bus area. Definitely more people but they also had more buses. I think it was like a 10 minute drive over. (There were a few times taking the shuttle where we had to stand. We only had one night at about 8:30 pm on a Thurs., where the traffic was very heavy and it took us about 25 minutes or so to reach the parks. But we never had to wait more than probably 5 minutes to get on a shuttle. Going through the security at the main entrance to the parks was a little bit of a pain, but had I not stayed at one of the other closer Universal hotels (RP) with the boat service, I wouldn't have known there is a difference...so really they have a pretty good shuttle system set-up.)

I think we headed back to the resort that day about 2:30 pmish. Again no real wait for the shuttle back. The boys explored the resort and the pools. It was still fairly chilly....maybe just 65 degrees if that. They bought tubes for the lazy river...but quickly figured out that it was too cold in the air to sit on said tubes. They thought the water was heated though. (It cracked me up to see all the lifeguards fully outfitted in hooded track suits with GLOVES on...LOL.) I did a little exploring, got a quick snack at the Bayliner, checked out the poolside where the lazy river was. I totally missed going up upstairs and checking out the bowling and the Jack Lalane gym. (I remember my Mom exercising along to Jack Lalane on TV...such a great memory, so I really love that the gym also carries through a bit with the theme.)

My husband was checking in to join us around 5:30 and I met him in the lobby and we had a few cocktails at the Swizzle cocktail bar. The bartenders were perfect. Friendly, but didn't overdo it My husband had to go to a meeting for a work thing and I met a local friend back again at the Swizzle Lounge (which is open to the spacious lobby area) and really could have stayed there all night. It was comfy, drinks were good and i just liked the vibe. But we headed out back to CitiWalk for dinner, ending up a the noisy, Hard Rock.

The next morning the kiddo's slept in while my husband and I took advantage of the early entry again so I could introduce him to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (freaking AWESOME! And while I like Harry Potter, I'm not a crazy fan, but Holy Hogwarts.....such theme-ing and special effects.....WoW!) We were checking out of CBBR on this day and checking into Royal Pacific ...solely due to the Express Pass Deal...so we headed back to CBBR at around 10:45 am to pack up and check out. We decided to walk back from the parks and see how that was. It's a LONNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG walk. Doable, and easy enough, but after you've been walking a million miles in the parks.....not something I would want to keep doing. Nice to have the option. If you are a runner, it would make a nice, pretty run. I can't imagine doing it when it's blazing hot out. Now if you were to take the walking path INTO the parks, you would go through a tiny little security booth on the way into CitiWalk and it brings you right out right next to Margarita-ville, quick and easy security ---so that's a little bit of a perk. (As opposed to waiting a little longer and going through the security at the main entrance to Citiwalk where mostly everyone from the shuttle bus and parking areas enter. The shuttle bus to me was still the winner in this case though.)

Check out was a breeze, I did go up to the counter but it wasn't necessary. I think I could have done it by phone or on the TV before I left the room. As someone told me on this board ...we had the doorman (?) who was again, another super friendly guy, wave us up a cab and took a WICKED Expensive Cab ride down the street and around the corner to the Royal Pacific. Ok, well, the advice I got here was that it would cost $5 for a cab over. And....yep when we arrived at Royal Pacific less than 5 minutes later, that was true. And over my husband's objections to my giving the driver cash (he wanted to use a CC) We hopped out and made our way into the Royal Pacific lobby when I suddenly realized that the lanyard I had been religiously wearing around my neck was not around my neck. And said lanyard contained my license, my credit card, my park tickets :sad:! I had had it in my hand when I checked out of CBBR in case they wanted to see my room key card. And then when I jumped in the cab i also had other bags in my hand and never put the lanyard back around my neck. And Yep, me...the one that nagged my kids for the past two days about NOT losing their lanyards....Lost mine. I immediately ran back out to the front area of RP where we were dropped off. And told the Girl in the Valet booth, what had happened. She started to ask me questions: what cab company was it? (ummmmmm, not a clue)....what cab number was it? :(. What CREDIT CARD I used to pay for it with? :sad2:. It was a quick ride.......I didn't pay any attention, I paid cash...UGH. She started calling cab companies for me. I called CBBR to see if they would know what company it was or if the doorman remembered. (No luck with that.) :sad1::sad1::sad1: After about 30 minutes, the valet knocked on the window (she was in a little booth) and told me she reviewed security tapes and could identify the cab number from the video and she tracked down the cab and he was going to put his meter on and come back and bring it back to me. :thanks: Huge relief. So between tips to the awesome RP valet booth girl, and my lanyard's separate taxi ride and extra tip to the driver to get it back to me ....my $5 cab ride quickly turned into a $50 cab ride. MORAL of the story: Always pay with CC in a cab...and ALWAYS double check when you get out. (I guess taking an UBER in this case probably would have helped out since we would have been able to quickly contact the driver...but...long story short...it was all me....stupid!)

Anywho...back to CBBR. If I lived in the area, I would consider just staying there for a long weekend and hang the pool and have happy hour a the Swizzle lounge. I definitely would go back there in a heartbeat. I wish, wish, wish they had the express pass deal there. I would gladly pay what we paid at RP (and we had club level there) to stay at CBBR. I liked RP too...but I don't know...something about CBBR really won me over. Maybe it was the cute little bathroom amenities?? (Loved that those fit in with the whole 50's/60's theme too.) My husband is not a huge fan of the parks (I know...what the heck?!), but he does travel at least once year to the Orlando area....so I'm hoping I can go again sooner rather than later.

Ohhhh...yes. Two other questions I had asked here that I now have the definite answer for:

1. Guest Parking. When I checked in, the girl at the desk told me to have my local friend go to the self-parking area when she arrived and tell the 'speaker' as she drove up to the gate...that she was meeting a guest staying in room "Xyz". And then when she was leaving to first go to the front desk and they would stamp the ticket, so she didn't have to pay for parking. (I went with her to the desk to prove I was really a paying guest, but I don't think they asked me to show my key...maybe they saw it. Not sure.) She was probably there about 4-5 hours while we enjoyed drinks in the Swizzle Lounge and then had dinner at Citi-Walk.
  2. Exchanging my Paper Undercover Tourist Park Tickets for the 'credit card' sized Regular park Tickets: Because my trip was so last minute, I opted to print out my park tickets that I ordered from Undercover Tourist on my computer rather than have them mail to me. I was worried about fitting them into my lanyard so I went to the ticket desk at CBBR and the team member happily exchanged the 8x12 paper tickets that I had printed out for the regular sized credit card sized that we could slip right into our lanyards. Quick and Easy.

So much for my Mini-Trip report to Cabana Bay Beach Resort! I really loved everything about this resort and my stay was much too quick. I would love to go back and stay longer and bring more of my family. I would highly recommend this resort. My hard-to-please older teens really liked it too. Thanks again for the help I received, hopefully I was able to give a little help to someone too :-)

MM
I felt your pain when you were trying to get your lanyard back

But, perfect ending to that situation!

Can you get guaranteed connecting rooms here? What about a family suite connected to another room?

Thanks in advance for the info.

Did you stay at CBBR and use their pool or were you able to pool hop over to, say, Royal Pacific or Sapphire Falls? I'm going in June with a bunch of friends and I don't fly out until the day after we check out of CBBR. I'm excited to have a last day lounging at the pool, but I'd love to pop over to RPR or SF for their pools that day instead of sticking with CBBR.
pool
hopping is encouraged

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter