CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

Just booked our first trip to Cabana Bay :) Does anyone know if they have bed rails we can request for our little ones who will be in one of the queen beds? We’ve only stayed Disney so I’m not well versed in Universal Resorts. Also I have seen people posting about tubes for the lazy river, does anyone know if they provide life jackets down to toddler sizes? I’m wondering if I should just bring them from hometown be safe.

Just booked our first trip to Cabana Bay :) Does anyone know if they have bed rails we can request for our little ones who will be in one of the queen beds? We’ve only stayed Disney so I’m not well versed in Universal Resorts. Also I have seen people posting about tubes for the lazy river, does anyone know if they provide life jackets down to toddler sizes? I’m wondering if I should just bring them from hometown be safe.
Good morning! ...I can't comment on bed rails but we have stayed at Cabana Bay the past 2 years with 2 little ones and there has always been plenty of toddler sized life jackets available hanging on racks around the pools. The first year we purchased tubes on site and brought them back the second year. Sometimes families just leave them behind when they check out for the next family to use. If you bring tubes from home they will gladly inflate them for you at the kiosk. Enjoy!...it is a great resort for families with kids!

Yes, the cabana bay bus drops you off outside of city walk so you go up the escalator and go through the main security check point that everyone not staying on site would go through. Not that big of a deal, but we preferred taking the sapphire falls boat.

My husband and I found it easiest to just dart across the street at the light (no cross walk) to go to sapphire falls and take the boat. Because there's a light, it's not that challenging. The only thing you'd need to be mindful of is turning traffic. However, if you're with older people/kids who aren't keen on dashing across the street, you can (and "should") take that garden path that starts between the castaway/thunderbird buildings. For a reasonably paced walker, I'd guess it shouldn't take longer than 10 minutes from the start of the path to sapphire falls entrance, but my guess is that if you're with someone who isn't able/willing to safely run across the street, it's probably gonna take you every bit of 10 (maybe more) minutes with a lot of whining on the way. Also keep in mind that the cabana bay resort is fairly big and if you're staying at the tail end of the tower side and need to get to the exact opposite end of the courtyard side to take the path, it's going to add some time on to your walk.

So I recommend just walking the 2 minutes across the street to take the boat. That being said, we did the long/safe garden walkway many times to get to the sapphire falls and didn't find it too terrible, but I did feel stupid whenever I had to go that way. Have fun!
zQv4Sxk.png

Thank you SOOOOO much for this map!! It helps immensely!

Hi, we are staying at Cabana Bay for the first time May 13-19, 2019. We currently have a courtyard family suite booked. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what location would be good to request? I am debating upgrading to a pool view room... It would be nice to be closer to the lobby/food court. We also anticipate spending time at both pool areas. I like the idea of the rooms opening to the outside in the Courtyard but maybe the other side is better? I would appreciate any thoughts and tips :). Thank you!

Hi, we are staying at Cabana Bay for the first time May 13-19, 2019. We currently have a courtyard family suite booked. Does anyone have any recommendations as to what location would be good to request? I am debating upgrading to a pool view room... It would be nice to be closer to the lobby/food court. We also anticipate spending time at both pool areas. I like the idea of the rooms opening to the outside in the Courtyard but maybe the other side is better? I would appreciate any thoughts and tips :). Thank you!
I've had both suites. The courtyard view was the parking lot but it didn't matter as we seldom looked out the window. The blinds were seldom completely opened because people walk past all the time. Theres a walk way right outside your door. No biggie, we just kept the sheers closed so the light could still come in but people couldn't peek in. The pool view was mostly a waste as there was something in the way so we didn't have much of a view. I think it was a tree but I don't really remember. Again, we had to keep the sheers closed anyways because of people walking past so it was no big deal either. We would not pay more for the pool view again as the sheers are always closed, the walkway was a blocker and you really only saw the view if you were standing outside. The courtyard views can be just as close or far as the pool view from the lobby/food court. I think the only real difference is one is on the outside of the building facing the parking lots and one is on the inside facing the pools.
I would keep the cheapest room but that is JMO and others may look at this different. Enjoy your vacation.

Does anyone know if there AP rates availabile for 2 bedroom suites at Cabana Bay? I saw AP rates for the family suites but couldn’t find anything for 2 bedrooms. Wasn’t sure if they don’t offer them or if booked up already. Coming down in mid May.
Thanks for any insight

We are staying at RPR and may try to pool hop to Cabana Bay for the lazy river, looks sooo nice! What do people do after using the tubes you buy there? Do you get them deflated and bring back to your room? Or buy new ones the next day? Since we are pool hopping, I doubt we would bring ours back.

We are staying at RPR and may try to pool hop to Cabana Bay for the lazy river, looks sooo nice! What do people do after using the tubes you buy there? Do you get them deflated and bring back to your room? Or buy new ones the next day? Since we are pool hopping, I doubt we would bring ours back.

I think a good amount simply get left but I would deflate if you plan to use again, and inflate at the kiosk. They'll be much easier to get back and forth from RPR this way.

A few messages up it someone mentioned that the kiosk will inflate tubes, and they were happy to help me out with our 3 even though I didn't buy them there.

How deep is the lazy river part of the pool? Just wanted to compare since Disney's beach club lazy river is like 8 or 9 feet deep. Thanks!

How would I go about making room requests and what type of requests would you recommend I make? We (my wife and I, mid 20s) are booked for Feb 9-14 in a "Family Suite - Interior Entry" room. This was the cheapest room available when we booked. If there is a particular building or other special request you think would be worth us putting in please let me know! :)

How would I go about making room requests and what type of requests would you recommend I make? We (my wife and I, mid 20s) are booked for Feb 9-14 in a "Family Suite - Interior Entry" room. This was the cheapest room available when we booked. If there is a particular building or other special request you think would be worth us putting in please let me know! :)

I never make requests. The interior entry suites will be in the Americana and Continental buildings. I think they are scattered throughout. If you look at a map you can see that the hallways are long. The only requests you might want to make are high or low floor or close to lobby or elevator. I guess you could try to call the reservation line and add a request to your reservation? Not sure.

As the previous poster said, you might want to look at the hotel map & see if there's a particular part of the resort that looks good to you. You can call the hotel directly or email your requests to customerservice@cabanabayorlando.com.

I am packing for my trip this week and wondering what type of toiletries they have here? Wondering if I can get away without packing our own shampoo/conditioner/bodywash?

I am packing for my trip this week and wondering what type of toiletries they have here? Wondering if I can get away without packing our own shampoo/conditioner/bodywash?

They have Zest soap and VO5 shampoo and conditioner to go with the theme of the resort! :)

Has anyone gotten bumped from this resort. I called prior to leaving our city requesting a main floor suite and letting them know we'd be arriving late that night. When we arrived, after a delay with our fight at around 1am- we checked in only to be told there were no rooms. They called us a cab which was a painfully long wait after being exhausted after a long night of travel and sent us to sapphire falls across the street. I was assured that everyone would get a bed as my experience is that our family of 5 don't all fit on the double queen beds in a standard room. (we reserved a family suite at cabana bay). They tried passing on a standard room with a 'roll away'.. which i told them i really just wanted some more beds. They then gave us a kids suite which offered 2 twins, a king and a roll away. My son said he'd be fine in the rollway and we didn't really have a choice so we just took it. We ended up not getting to sleep at 4am and needed to check out at 12 noon (after i asked, they gave us an extra hour). Both hotels just seemed so reluctant to help us. We were just tired and didn't bother arguing-- we just all wanted sleep. We had to pack up from Sapphire Falls the next morning, check out and move back to Cabana Bay. This wasted a lot of our day as well as we were all still exhausted. After my 5 hrs of sleep-- i still didn't feel right about the situation. I asked for express passes to make up for the fact we were cutting a day off from the parks-- they came back and and said 'no' but instead gave us meal vouchers.

So- overall we got about $150 worth of meal vouchers and a free night in a Sapphire Falls suite-- we really didn't think it was a great stay so we couldn't even enjoy the fact we were at a higher 'rated' hotel- plus we really prefer Cabana Bay.

Anywho- what would everyone else do? I'm not a complainer so I just wanted to move on from this. this was our first impression of our vacation tho.. it really set off the wrong tone overall. I guess i'd be less upset but I phoned to stay we'd be in late. We're staying 7 nights originally and a family of 5... why bump us of all people? why not bump a couple staying 1 night and send them to the hard rock or something?

I am still not over this-- and really feel Loews should do more.. I just don't know what to ask for and who to complain too. If anyone has any advice, I'd be happy to hear of it... or tell me I should just move on. I am not letting it sour my trip.. but it did take us a while to get back the sleep we lost as well as our plans have to be rescheduled as we did miss a day in the parks.

Has anyone gotten bumped from this resort. I called prior to leaving our city requesting a main floor suite and letting them know we'd be arriving late that night. When we arrived, after a delay with our fight at around 1am- we checked in only to be told there were no rooms. They called us a cab which was a painfully long wait after being exhausted after a long night of travel and sent us to sapphire falls across the street. I was assured that everyone would get a bed as my experience is that our family of 5 don't all fit on the double queen beds in a standard room. (we reserved a family suite at cabana bay). They tried passing on a standard room with a 'roll away'.. which i told them i really just wanted some more beds. They then gave us a kids suite which offered 2 twins, a king and a roll away. My son said he'd be fine in the rollway and we didn't really have a choice so we just took it. We ended up not getting to sleep at 4am and needed to check out at 12 noon (after i asked, they gave us an extra hour). Both hotels just seemed so reluctant to help us. We were just tired and didn't bother arguing-- we just all wanted sleep. We had to pack up from Sapphire Falls the next morning, check out and move back to Cabana Bay. This wasted a lot of our day as well as we were all still exhausted. After my 5 hrs of sleep-- i still didn't feel right about the situation. I asked for express passes to make up for the fact we were cutting a day off from the parks-- they came back and and said 'no' but instead gave us meal vouchers.

So- overall we got about $150 worth of meal vouchers and a free night in a Sapphire Falls suite-- we really didn't think it was a great stay so we couldn't even enjoy the fact we were at a higher 'rated' hotel- plus we really prefer Cabana Bay.

Anywho- what would everyone else do? I'm not a complainer so I just wanted to move on from this. this was our first impression of our vacation tho.. it really set off the wrong tone overall. I guess i'd be less upset but I phoned to stay we'd be in late. We're staying 7 nights originally and a family of 5... why bump us of all people? why not bump a couple staying 1 night and send them to the hard rock or something?

I am still not over this-- and really feel Loews should do more.. I just don't know what to ask for and who to complain too. If anyone has any advice, I'd be happy to hear of it... or tell me I should just move on. I am not letting it sour my trip.. but it did take us a while to get back the sleep we lost as well as our plans have to be rescheduled as we did miss a day in the parks.

Gosh that was a late arrival before you were moved!! No wonder you were tired. We arrived from NYC at 2am once and yep, we were shattered.

No idea why you were bumped....it`s never fun for anyone regardless if you have children or not. It`s a bit unfair to say bump someone else.....

You did get $150 in vouchers and a stay in a better hotel. It`s a shame you didn't like it, but to be honest not sure what else they can do....they did give you some compensation......not sure what else you would be looking for.

Sapphire Falls doesn't offer EP so wouldn't have given that as compensation I wouldn't think.

I`d move on and enjoy the rest of your trip. I hope you have a fabulous trip regardless of how it started.

Ooh, sorry to hear about the bumping. I checked in yesterday and was upgraded to an exterior entry family suite from a standard. It was early, before 11, so I took it although it is about as far from Volcano Bay as possible. I certainly don’t need the space. Someone had commented a while back about the condition of the family suites, the plumbing in the shower is falling apart in this one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!